Old Mill

• :( hELP
    i'M STUCK IN TOMB RAIDER CHRONICLES

:ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

in the old mill
    after I took the crowbar I swinged with the rope again and I jumped to the area with the white-grey stones whith steep upper ares I picked up the stuff in a hole but now i cannot reach the small crawling space

• Is that the crawlspace you have to reach by a series of difficult jumps? Well this took me some time as well. And I have to admit, this was a reason for me to buy a new computer. I couldn't do it because my old one was to slow and by the time he reacted to my pushing the button I had missed the ledge already.

I have written a detailled walkthrough for this part. It's at http://tombraidergirl.com/tr5/mill.html

"In the back are two stone pillars with a little green ramp between them. Get up this ramp. Turn left and jump up to grab the ledge of the pillar on the left. Shimmy left. Pull yourself up and hold down the jump button, Lara will jump onto the pillar behind her and on to the next one. Before you reach that press action to grab it's ledge. (You might want to save here.) Shimmy to the right corner. Pull yourself up and jump after sliding down a bit. Again hold the jump button down to make the next jump as well. And grab the ledge. Crawl into the gap."

There is an alternative where you can jump from the rope straight towards the gap a little right of where the crowbar was and hold on to it but that will take a lot of practise.

• I'm at the end of Chronicles Old Mill level on the ledge on the roof of the old mill. Problem is, I cannot crawl into the opening. I have tried forward, backward, pressing action key, getting in the center and everywhere else but it won't let me in. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Famous

• O.k., I made it by pressing jump and action at the same time (crawling forward in the center). Tombraidergirl, your walkthrough is great, but you might want to change this item.

Thanks,

Famous

• Yes, I know, this move is new in TR5. I played the whole game (and written the walkthrough) without knowing it. So I didn't include it. When I revise the walkthrough I will change this everywhere. I will add this as a side comment to this specific level right away.

• Yes, there is another place in the getaway level where I had to do it, too. Its amazing that I got that far without having to do that move.

I really think the last couple of levels in the game have been poorly designed (although I'm not quite finished yet). They seem to be designed in order to make the player take the maximum amount of time, rather than having fun. Like having to go through those stupid invisible laser things twice. Sheesh!

• Have you shot the vent to release the fog? Then you can actually see them, at least you are supposed to, but I guess there are bugs as well.

You are absolutely right, these levels are a big mess.

• :???: I can't get Stupid to swing on the rope. She just dies. She will either grab on and promptly fall off with me holding the X button (PlayStation) or she never grabs on at all. Any alternate routes or screenshots please?

• :mad: I have figurd out the rope, but I have now spent twenty-four hours or close to it to try to figure out where the hey Lara is supposed to get past the creature on the old mill. I am on a PlayStation. If I move Lara, the movie starts where the thing hits her and she loses her air. If I DON'T move Lara, whether I am under the "slope" in the water or not, the movie starts anyway! :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• You have to stay hidden from the creature, that's quite difficult I have to admit. You just have to find the right spot.

You have to collect the coin on the ground, without the creature seeing you and then return with it to the cage in front of the mill.

• HELPFULHINT FOR ANYONE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THIS PART:

Do NOT hide! Just hold down the action AND jump buttons while Lara swims. Go towards the silver coin, and let go of jump but keep hold of action. She will pick up the coin (the short movie starts around here?). Then, you have to be fast. Swim up, get some air, and go back to the cage. The creature is still following you, and may try to pull you away from the surface when you go to get air. When you get to the cage, throw the coin in, and the movie starts.

• Inside the mill, I've done everything right to get to the door, and I have looked all over the place, but the only door there is the one underwater and the jump takes you nowhere near that nor can you crawl in. I have back-flipped onto the platform above after she swings and jumps, but there is nothing up there either. HELP! :ouch:

• Are you talking about the part with the huge wheel? That's a timed door. It's on the other side and a bit to the right. You have to use the bar (swing for a second ans jump to the other side) to get over there.

• You know right at the beginning? Where Lara turns left and she sees demons and there's a rope?

What do I do?

There's supposed to be a "platform with a torch"

Well where is it?

I can't find it, can someone show me a screen shot?

• Jump to the rope, turn right while you are hanging on it and then you should see a platform, a bit higher than the platform, where the demons are. Jump to the platform and grab the torch, you'll find there.

Klaas

• Can someone please give me some techniques on how to swing on the rope? I know exactly what to do and where to go but Lara NEVER goes high enough for me to let go and land on the ledge.

I'm at the part where those nasty little demons are throwing rocks at me, and I have to jump up onto the ledge with the torch, but no matter how many times I swing, she never gets high enough to reach that ledge. I've tried a hundred times now, but she just doesn't seem to make it! I know I have to go to the very bottom of the rope, she just doesn't swing high enough :S

Help? :sad:

*EDIT* Nevermind, I got it!