Lara for sale!?!

• The reason it took so long was that they were writing the story for the next 2 games as well. So that's 3 games of story to think up. And then there was the whole new Lara and the whole new playable main character. Besides, in a documentary, They said that developing these TR games in one year, every year, was why 3 and 4 brought the ratings down. So I guess they wanted to take their time and develop this game carefully. Makes sense except, at least in my area, After the release date (A Friday), They kept saying it would be in the next Friday for about a month before they finally released it.

Original von Kurtis99

The reason it took so long was that they were writing the story for the next 2 games as well. So that's 3 games of story to think up. And then there was the whole new Lara and the whole new playable main character. Besides, in a documentary, They said that developing these TR games in one year, every year, was why 3 and 4 brought the ratings down. So I guess they wanted to take their time and develop this game carefully. Makes sense except, at least in my area, After the release date (A Friday), They kept saying it would be in the next Friday for about a month before they finally released it.

Sorry, no. The reason was: Core has made first the animation and then they tried to make the controll matching. They lost a lot of time with this way. Later they found out, it was a mistake and they lost almost 12 month. In this moment they knowed: first the controll, then the animation is the way - they where out of any time. They payed some month later the highest price: They were fired.
    What happens now to Lara is written in the stars. Maybe she will be sold (a new owner may do some new, follow the old, whatever).
    I try to find out more what is with our Lara.

• i bet both of you are right. i mean backstage they were probably writing the story i mean its all ment to fit it so they have to write it in one go. but then Mirdoth's explanation would explain why Edios have employed crystal dynamics.............

Original von Kurtis99

The reason it took so long was that they were writing the story for the next 2 games as well. So that's 3 games of story to think up. And then there was the whole new Lara and the whole new playable main character. Besides, in a documentary, They said that developing these TR games in one year, every year, was why 3 and 4 brought the ratings down. So I guess they wanted to take their time and develop this game carefully. Makes sense except, at least in my area, After the release date (A Friday), They kept saying it would be in the next Friday for about a month before they finally released it.

where did u hear that?

midroth: Ur such a pessimist

Original von darkcafe

what do you mean exactly mirdoth?

He/she is basically saying either we could just wait and see or "fight" for Lara as Mirdoth put it

Which i am for, but i am still just holding on for a while myself, there is no point being the boy who cried wolf.

was i right Mirdoth?

• I think kurtis 99 and midroth are both right.
    we can wait and see what happens to lara and if we don't like it its our own fault.
    or we could fight and demand something on our way

thats how i think But it might not have the slightest reaction of it

LARA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)
    LARA: You might try to kill me
    Powell: I'm not going to kill you
    LARA: I said you try

• Well, when I'm older, I'm going into computer games (developing, testing, I dunno what exactly). If developing games I'll get a say.
    But the best strategy is to listen to the gamers and fans and use their theories to build the perfect game. After all, no one knows better than the player, right?

• Hm, yes - anyhow. Watch this with open eyes. And alarm the fandon means: Share the info (link?) to all knowen boards/forums and newsgroups. Just for sure, or if needed. Press is the last weapon. But just ingnore it ("we cannot do anything"), or so, is wrong opinion/thinking.
    Btw: The link I 've posted read/check from while to while. The off. moderators of the Eidos forum looking for new infos about, too. They are alarmed.
    IMHO: It's better to watch it to early, then to late.

PS.: I'm a "he" (44).

• Noted, but i still think its rather pointless as CD or eidos would never listen

• In response to recent press speculation and following the announcement of a strategic review on 17 June 2004 the Board of Eidos confirms that, whilst it continues to keep all options under review, it is in preliminary discussions with a small number of parties in relation to possible business combinations. These discussions are at a preliminary stage and there can be no certainty as to whether or not they will lead to an offer being made for the Company in due course. The Board does not expect to be in a position to make a further announcement ahead of the Company's full year results.

Eidos is the largest video games publisher and developer of entertainment software in the UK. It has publishing operations across Europe (France, Germany, Spain and the UK) and in the US, Japan and Australia. It also has significant development studio expertise, both internal and external, in Europe and the US. Eidos plc is a public limited company registered in England (number 2501949). Its Ordinary shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange (ticker: EID.L) and, in the form of American Depositary Shares, on the NASDAQ National Market (symbol: EIDSY). Further information on the Company can be found at http://www.eidos.com

-------

Now let's find out what they plan to do with Lara...

• actually we do have a say and not later but now u no the old saying
    ...to win u must first capture the crowd on the brink of destruction that will save u...
    its some greek thing in the gladiator movie
    but if we raise and warn other boards and group together we can probably make a dent of the new designers just dropping lara we could probably keep her altogether etc. but we need alot of ppl :) we can do this but its gonna take a heck of a lot

• we must put up a fight rather than just be pushed out of the way
    together we stand seprate we fall

...to win u must first capture the crowd on the brink of destruction that will save u...

we are the crowd and eidos has us and we can save them on there brink of destruction

or at least we can save lara

...we have to try at least really hard