General Questions and Comments

• Dear Tombraidergirl

you might remember me from wikiraider. thankyou for letting me edit the necessary articles. As you may notice the levels for Tomb Raider 1 are complete. If you can provide that table template for all the levels, i will fill in the rest as shown in the Tomb Raider levels. I was updating the last revelation page and you had produced a levels template which i forgot after i had changed the page. Sorry but can you remember the template name? it already had pictures taken by you.

FANTASTIC PICTURES!

SPOT ON WALKTHOUGHS!!

I will be polishing off last revelation and chronicles soon. Concerning release dates i will try to find them. I still do not know what you mean by version release dates for Tomb Raider 1 since i am not sure of any versions that were made.

If there is anything else you need to talk about or you have any ideas, please e-mail me. If you are too busy but need something edited or created or whatever needs doing, just contact me since I am changing the page all the time.

Also I would like to edit the main page completely with better more elaborate menus. I have some great pictures that could go on there and I got loads of ideas. Do you want me to send you a template or can I just edit the page straight away??

Thank you

Adam

One Goal - To complete Wiki Raider with every detail accounted for in writing and illustration

• Some of the templates are posted here:

A few comments on editing in Wiki Raider

There are more we have already used in the german version.

( Regeln und Vorlagen )
    I will translate them as soon as I find a minute.

In the german wiki we have most of the images for the levels done. If you dare to browse through it, you can pick them up there and upload them to the english wiki. (sometimes the link is already provided in the english article)

As for the main page: This is a delicate thing, so what we always did in the german wiki, when someone wanted to make major changes:
    We created a new page eg. "Main Page Test" and posted it there first. Later exchanging the sites a little bit.

Plus: We are trying to keep both startpages similar, so you might want to know the things we currently have on the german page.
    http://wikiraider.de/index.php/Hauptseite
    These are additionally to the one on the english page:
    * tr legend special (legend main page, levels, controls, gear, characters..)
    * current events (in english this hasn't been updated - we use a template for it; these are basically the latest TR News and Release dates of any merchandise)
    * events that took place in the current month (from the timeline-pages)

this is just a guideline, so if you want to add, or have a good reason to delete anything (e.g. Timeline), that's ok.

But please don't take material from other websites, could get us into trouble. If you need any images, try to pick them from tombraidergirl.com or from the german wiki, or the official sites is always fine, as are unmarked official artworks/wallpapers. I usualls tend to making all the images for the wiki myself, starting the game or movie on my PC.

edit:

Concerning release dates i will try to find them. I still do not know what you mean by version release dates for Tomb Raider 1 since i am not sure of any versions that were made.

The problem there is: is it the PC, PlayStation Version or Sega Saturn release date? (Sega had exclusive rights to release the game about 4 weeks before the others) I honestly don't know and it is pretty hard to find out, most game sites on the net today have guessed the dates, sind they hadn't been around back then. So the best source would be probably some hardcore fan, who has entered the dates in his diary back then, or a games magazin. My first gamesmagazin is from after the TR2 release, so that's no help.

• Ok, it's not a big deal, but here's the explanation.
    If article A has a section that talks about a subject for which there is another article (B), you wouldn't want to repeat everything from article B inside the section in A because this would be redundant. All you want is a brief overview in article A, with a link to the main article B. So you can type

{{Main|Article B}}

at the top of the secion in A, resulting in

Main Article: Article

but this doesn't seem to be working. Screenshots of what it looks like now and what it should look like:

[Blocked Image: http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7225/picture1ba8.png]

[Blocked Image: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/82/picture2fp9.png]

Here's an example from Wikipedia where it is used:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee#History

and an example on your Wiki where it could be (I just hard-coded it to make it work for now):
    http://wikiraider.com/index.ph…_Legend&oldid=13869#Moves

Here's the page for the template on Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Main

and the page for the template on your Wiki:
    http://wikiraider.com/index.php?title=Template:Main

Hope this helps!

• Well yes, you have to create this template.

I think I know what your problem is, you cannot use main in this case, as the template main has a (different) meaning already. Sorry, but simply pick another name, that should work too.

• I added a few character profiles for characters in TRA, (Kold, The Kid, etc.).

But I have a question. How do you add images, and stuff like that? The Help Section is under construction, so I have no information on how to do so.

• Also, I think this issue should be addressed; when editing WikiRaider, remember that it is acceptable to only facts and rumors. Opinions are not appropriate for the site. Edits that include things like, "Lara will be able to stick a grenade onto an enemy. I think this is helpful because..." are not acceptable.

• Also, I've been browsing through the Underworld section of WikiRaider, adding and editing things, and I've noticed a few edits recently. Some are inaccurate, misspelled, and/or grammatically incorrect.

I'm not sure who it is, but please, in the future, make sure you spell check your work and make sure it's grammatically accurate.

Also, there are some edits that are just plain false. Rumors gone bad, lies, or something that looks like a young kid made up off the top of his/her mind. I really do not appreciate such misdemeanant edits, not to mention that I'm an accuracy freak, ;-) .

• The contributor 'Darth Max' is editing what I edit, turning my edits into false and inaccurate information, :ouch: .

• I've replaced what Darth Max removed from the Natla article, for what it is worth. It's not as if I deleted everything he/she/it wrote, but I did label it as speculation (which it is until verifiable sources are available, presumably in November). However Darth wasn't going for that compromise, and changed it back to "fact" again. If I was an Admin I'd have banned him/her/it for a couple of days until they either calmed down or produced evidence for their speculations.

I also removed a couple of things from "Natla" that are popular myths about Natla (Natla's sister Astarte, and the "Atlantis to Interzone" song), but which I couldn't find non-Wiki sources for. If anyone can confirm the rumours, please put them back in :):washing

• I've replaced what Darth Max removed from the Natla article, for what it is worth. It's not as if I deleted everything he/she/it wrote, but I did label it as speculation (which it is until verifiable sources are available, presumably in November).

That was my edit; I edited what he wrote. Please check the contributions page to see who edited what in the future, ;-) .

• Why so? I know who edited what; I check the list every time I log on to see if anything's changed.

:flare