General Questions and Comments

• The problem I see with moving Vilcabamba to Vilcabamba (location) is: What will people type in the field, when looking for Vilcabamba? They will probably just type the name. What is the reason for adding "(location)". With other articles where "(location)" has been used it was necessary, because the name without location had to be used for something else. I think if we add location to vilcabamba, we have to do it with everything, all the continents, all the countries, all the regions/towns/cities...

Siberia can created. The previous entry was deleted because it contained false (or unofficial) information.

• The problem I see with moving Vilcabamba to Vilcabamba (location) is: What will people type in the field, when looking for Vilcabamba? They will probably just type the name. What is the reason for adding "(location)". With other articles where "(location)" has been used it was necessary, because the name without location had to be used for something else. I think if we add location to vilcabamba, we have to do it with everything, all the continents, all the countries, all the regions/towns/cities...

Oh, sorry for the inconvenience. :oops You really have a point there, feel free to move the Vilcabamba (location) to Vilcabamba!

• No problem. If you have a good reason to keep it the way it is, feel free to voice your opinion.

I don't want to seem bossy, it's just, there is a reason for many things I do. ;-)

• No problem. If you have a good reason to keep it the way it is, feel free to voice your opinion.

Nah, since there isn't actually anything else named by just simply "Vilcabamba", it seems smarter than the name of the article is just Vilcabamba, so moving is okay. :thumbsup Even the levels are "City of Vilcabamba" and "Peru - City of Vilcabamba", so just mentioning the Vilcabamba article in their remarks might be enough of directions if one searches for example "City of Vilcabamba" when wanting info on the real life location and not on the level.

I don't want to seem bossy, it's just, there is a reason for many things I do. ;-)

You don't seem bossy, it's good to have guidelines and certain ways how things would at least be nice to be done. :-) And I'm just a plain derp! [hehe]

• (Sorry for replying to own post!)

As I've been adding infoboxes to the Character pages and trying to format some of the articles according to the Sample Characters page, I was thinking whether it'd be a good idea to create a separate opponent article on at least the following:

• Pierre DuPont
    • Larson Conway
    • Jaqueline Natla
    • Joachim Karel
    • Sophia Leigh
    • Tony
    • And maybe the other of Natla's goons, in TRA at least since there are unlockable bios available as material to the character page

Just a thought, since there's an "As Opponent" section in the sample page, and there are separate articles on at least Pieter Van Eckhardt (named Eckhardt), Kristina Boaz (named Boaz), Amanda Evert (named Amanda Entity) and Mark Willard (named Willard Mutant)

And also, I've been thinking of creating images to be used on infoboxes on characters that have no image (only mentioned in comics/games..., appear in the novels etc.), a male and a female figures. Maybe it'd be nice to create that sort of images to be used on locations, enemies, creatures, items etc. :chin

What do these ideas sound like? :-)

• I think separating opponents from characters makes sense; Takamoto is another one (not sure if there are already two pages).

I think I've already changed the character info box to be okay without image (to not show anything if left open).

BTW, you can skip all Comic characters, I am working on them, but I'm moving slow as I also write the storylines of each comic down, and scan all images that are relevant.

• I think separating opponents from characters makes sense; Takamoto is another one (not sure if there are already two pages).

Takamoto seems to redirect to the Shogo Takamoto article at the moment. And yeah, it's another one to be separated.

What do you think the title of the opponent article shoud be? Should it be just a surname, like Pieter van Eckhardt's opponent page is called just Eckhardt and Kristina Boaz's page is Boaz?
    Unless of course there's a special form of the character , like Mark Willard is Willard Mutant and Amanda Evert is Amanda Entity...

I think I've already changed the character info box to be okay without image (to not show anything if left open).

The infobox seems to show "[[Image: |250px]]" if the image is left open.

BTW, you can skip all Comic characters, I am working on them, but I'm moving slow as I also write the storylines of each comic down, and scan all images that are relevant.

I already did add infoboxes to the Comic Characters (the ones that appear on the Category:Characters page). I hope you don't mind! :-) I just mainly added a link to the German article (if I found it) and typed the name and the image to the infobox.

• Of course I don't mind. I thought you weren't through yet.

I think, the name for the enemy should be what one would expect it to be. (I am not a big fan of using "Shogo Takamoto (Enemy)" for example. If you look at walkthroughs, mine, Stella's bacisally everyones, the surname is often used.

Quote from Stella's WT:

Try to position Lara close to the edge of the walkway with the statue directly between her and Takamoto; otherwise the edges of the blast may hit her.

Also the title of the level is "Meeting with Takamoto", making - in my eyes - the opponent at the end "Takamoto", while the actual character is "Shogo Takamoto", (the same for Boaz). For Rutland the level title contains "James Rutland" but I think Rutland will suffice.

Pierre is a real problem. Larson and Pierre did not have a surname back in TR1, so one would not look for their article under their surname. If using their first name we run into a problem. Pierre can also be the guy from AoD. I'd also use "Sophia", like its commonly used in walkthroughs.

... crouch behind the angled block until you hear Sophia pause for a power-up.

This will electrify the bridge on which Sophia is standing.

When Sophia recharges for a triple bolt, stand up and run forward

To sum it up:
    Characters: Full Name
    Enemies: Short name, as used in walkthroughs

• Of course I don't mind. I thought you weren't through yet.

I was sort of an infobox tornado. [hehe]

To sum it up:
    Characters: Full Name
    Enemies: Short name, as used in walkthroughs

Alright, I'll probably start creating those articles as soon as I have time, and I'll keep adding infoboxes to enemies, locations and all when I come up to an article that's missing one. And I'll also try to format the pages according to the sample ones. :-)

And just a bit offtopic: Those TR comics look so cool! 8o Why on Earth wasn't I such a big tomb raider that I would have bought them when they were sold at local markets?! :ouch: Oh right, I was in elementary school, and probably too young to read 'em. :shy: I wonder if they were in sold in English... :chin Would have been really weird if they were in Finnish! 8|

• Slightly off topic: They were sold in German around here, but most comic stores also sell English comics. (I got all in English - not every single cover version but each issue - and most also in German)

• Hi there! :wave2

Been editing WikiRaider a lot. [hehe] Just thought to tell that I've added a few articles to the "Articles for relocation" page (and there are two at the "Articles for deletion" page). I finally got the original Tomb Raider (and the other oldies as well!) to run smoothly on Windows 7, so I'll be taking lots and lots of screenshots in the near future. I'll try to start taking a screenshot of every pickup. :-) And check their names, of course. ;-)

Any suggestions to which game to start with? I have a a lot of TRAOD pickup-screens, but not all - maybe I should finish it before starting another... :chin

EDIT: Oh, I do have a question, too! :D I've been thinking of creating an article for "Explosives", but I run into a problem. You see, the term "Explosives" can mean many things, for example:

• All the explosive items in general, there is e.g. the pickup "Dynamite" in the Osiris Codex, explosive ammunition (grenades, arrows...), rolling explosive barrels...
    • The explosive traps: the ones set on Von Croy's Apartment for example
    • The exact pickup in AoD named Explosives (used in Louvre Storm Drains)

So, I was wondering what to do. :chin Any ideas? I know there's many other things to do - and this article can wait, but this is one of the many things that came into my mind while editing. :-)

• I've simplified the "suggest for deletion" process.

In the future, simply add {{Delete}} to the article and give the reason on the discussion page of the article.

• Thanks for all the work you did for the community.

No problem, it's fun to edit WikiRaider. :D Thank you for starting the whole WikiRaider project! :-) :hug

Explosives should be a disambiguation page, pointing to everything that it could represent.
    There are other articles that are similar.
    For example
    SWORDS: http://www.wikiraider.com/index.php/Swords
    or WATER: http://www.wikiraider.com/index.php/Water

Alright, will create a disambiguation page for explosives when I find the time. :-)

• (Sorry for replying to own post!)

As I created an enemy article for Larson Conway (under the name Larson), I figured out a solution for the problem on what would Pierre's enemy article's name be! 8o

How about creating it to the article Pierre, and adding a remark leading to Pierre (AoD) and Pierre DuPont as a character? Something along these lines:

Remark: This article describes Natla's henchman Pierre as an enemy in the original Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider Anniversary. For information about him as a character, see Pierre DuPont, and for information about the owner of the Café Metro in The Angel of Darkness, see Pierre (AoD).

What do you think?

• Isn't that already more or less the case? ;-) Anyway, I personally would shorten the disambiguation pages as much as possible:

...and then one might add crosslinks on these two pages (Pierre DuPont and Pierre (AoD)?

• Oh, I ment creating a whole article about Pierre as an enemy. :shy: Like now there are articles Larson (as an enemy) and Larson Conway (as a character), and for example Takamoto (as an enemy) and Shogo Takamoto (as a character).

Me and tombraidergirl discussed about doing so a few posts earlier:

So, I was thinking about turning the Pierre page from a disambig article to an enemy article with a remark. ;-)

• Hey people. i'm not sure if this is the right topic for this, but i was reading the TR3 Story article from the WikiRaider, and it realised it was incomplete (it ends at St Paul's Cathedral). Wanted to know what about it ?(

• Hi, 3ukz! :wave2

Your question might belong to the General Questions and comments thread, but I'll answer to you here! :-) (but other mods can freely move these posts if they see it necessary)

The case with the TR3 Story article seems to be that it apparently was a protected page, and it had a devoted editor working on it. However, for a while this editor hasn't been active, and now the article is unprotected for anyone to finish it.

As the TR3 Story article is so greatly done so far, it seems challenging to try to finish it - keeping the style and level of text the same. At least this is the case with me, as a rather active WikiRaider editor...

But don't worry! Some day the article will be finished. As a matter of fact, the TR3 Story article might get at least some kind of ending in the near future. ;-)