4th Level: West Africa/Ghana (James Rutland Jr)

• Any1 know how to defeat this boss. I didnt get the 'grenade-gun' (or what it's called) and everytime I get close to take his health down a good amount, he jumps up and 'reloads' his health again.

I have 4 grenades, 1 health pack and the automatic gun (forgot the name of that too).

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Greetings,

Avinash

• Yo bro...

You have to shoot down the 4 bridge hes standing on to get helth !

aim at the center of the bridge using manuel aim and shoot twice
    then use your cabel wire to pull it down

do this on all the bridges and hes history...

• Tnx a lot! I got by and now I'm stuck in Kazachstan. After killing all the bad guys (after parachute drop), I can't seem to get Lara to get ahold of the black cable to get across (which I assume is the meaning, or is it?).

Tnx in advance for any help.

• :mad: That guy is making me crazy ... not only his regaining health but why the hell doesn't he shut up ;) ... he keeps saying the same over and over and over and over... :shout: AND I WANT HIM TO DIE AND SHUT UP. :D

thanks for listening ;) :roll:
    I hope to kill him soon but its frustrating ;0

• Under each of the platforms he regeneragtes on there is a figurehead style piece. Shoot these till they shatter then use the grapple to pull down the ledges. He then cannot regenerate.

Originally posted by pussy_galore
    Alright....How can I possibly defeat this guy, his chunk of the sword repleneshes his life....But I can only replenesh mine so many times...SOMEONE HELP ME!!

Felix is correct, using your pistols & shooting at the bottom centre of the ledges is the answer.
    To elaborate a little further, after a few shots at them a Yellow Triangular
    Warning sign appears & a few more shots the piece shatters leaving a Grapple Point showing.
    My tactic was to start running & jumping around the room as soon as the cut scene finishes without stopping & with pistols continually blazing until all 4 of them had shattered, then follow round pulling them down with the grapple.
    One other little tip!, even if it means replaying the level (which I had to do several times) ensure that you garner a full compliment of Medi Packs in the previous cave battle.

Hope this helps you.

• Hello, I need help bad... I am stuck on this Boss. I keep on shooting him but he always gains more life. I noticed four little gem things I can shoot but what good does that do I don't understand at all. Please I need help.

• grrrrrrrrr, takamoto and rutland really annoy me! y dont dey jus shut up? like at least the boss of kazakstan sez jus abou nuthin! but rutland keeps sayin "bet you wish you could do that, eh?" nd likewise crap, nd takamoto goes "where is your clever tounge now?". it annoys me so much!!

• I think i have the ultimate way to fight Rutland: :-o

Go at once with the pistols for the thing on your right as you start. Run right up to it to get a lock: Once you do it once, Lara will aim automatically at them. Try to SHOOT IT NOT PUL IT RIGHT DOWN before he gets to you. If you do, he will fire a grenade. Run across the room, leaving the grenade between you and Rutland. As long as you move quickly enough, you should stay safe and Rutland should get caught in the blast. ;-)
    While he's down, pull down teh thing you revelad. THe grenade damage should send him to recharge. If it doesn't, do a sqaurejump (forward, left, right bakc) while constantly going with the pistols. His health will plink away and you wil be always just out of his reach. Keep him in your sights as he goes to recharge: Quickly shoot and pull down the platform he's on.
    He will be confused for a while, :flare: giving you time to grab another platform. Now, do the sqarejump again, always running so any fired grenades ar directly between yuo and him. :D
    When he's on the last platform, shoot and pull it down. Now, when he is on the ground, throw a grenade and start going with the best gun you have. when he falls down, throw another grenade. :-)

This worked for me perfectly: i only had one health pack, and still managed with half my health left (health packWAS used tho) at the end.....

Phew! My typing fingers are exhausted! [hehe]

• Haha, all I did was remember to collect 4 grenades from the otehr mercanaries, then fire them 1 right after the other towards Rutland :)
    Only took about 10-20 seconds :D