Croft Manor

• How do I rotate them back to back? I've been rotating them and nothing's happening to the panel....that's strange.

Is it at the balcony of the swimming pool? Are those the statues you're talking about? If that's them...(cause I saw the picture and they look like those ones) well I've moving them and they won't budge to the other side.

• Above the Waters, Twin Sisters turn their backs upon one another to leave the Ambages unguarded. There's an answer in the clue. *

They are the ones on the pool balcony - and you don't have to move them anywhere, just rotate them.

Lara needs to stand in front of one and [ACTION] - now just have her move to the side as far as the statue can go, she may need to let go and reposition herself if she was not in a good position to start with. Repeat for the other statue.

When she's done, place her in front of the (now rotated) panel and press [ACTION] to have Lara read it.

When she's finished with that you'll need to have her turn the statues so that they are facing one another if you want to access the Silver reward in the underwater passage.

* "Ambages" - winding ways, indirect manner of saying something, expression using excessive words. An in-joke referring to Lara's cryptic clues as well as simply meaning the winding underwater passageway.

• I already have the silver reward in the underwater passage.

I'm moving the statues and they won't budge to have their backs turned on each other.

I don't get it. :(

• Study - You will find the PLS on the table. Get it and go back to the entrance. Locate the wooden boards on the left (as you face the entrance). Shoot them to reveal a small room behind. Pick up the Silver Reward and pull the small bookcase out. Push it on one of the two plates close to Alister. The other bookcase is above the stairs (as shown in this screenshot). Use the Grapple to throw it down and push it to the second plate. Make sure that the bookcases are positioned correctly on the plates (they move a bit downwards). When you do that, a door at the botton of the stairs opens.

Go through the door and pick up the Silver Reward. Continue around to the right and search for a tongue switch on the right, behind the crates. Use it to rotate a part of the wall. First riddle for the Gold Reward: Above the Waters, Twin Sisters turn their backs upon the other to leave the Ambages unguarded.

(copied directly from a walkthrough)

I should add tho that the secret door didn't open immediately for me, but opened the next time I entered the study for some odd reason...

it might be necessary to walk over the pressure plate at the bottom of the stairs in the hallway before the secret door opens; I know I did that before going back to the study.

• TA DA DONE

Gold: 0/1
    Silver: 8/10
    Bronze: 16/16

When I solve the Library puzzle, Lara says this:

"Above the Hearth, revealed visage and countenance touched in haste raise up the Steward."

Hearth: " the floor of a fireplace, especially when it extends into the room"
    Steward: a manager of some sort...
    Visage: somebody’s face or facial expression, the appearance or look of something
    Countenance: somebody’s face, or the expression on it, composure or self-control

I'm guessing the next puzzle is in the main hall....

• yup; walk towards the top left corridor (the one without doors) grapple the spears that are on the glass wall and pull them down, then pull the tongue of the golden face at the end of this hallway, quickly use the spears to jump to the other side of the hall and pull the tongue of the face that appeared there.

this should raise a statue, turn the statue untill it faces the stairs and stand on the pressure plate at the bottom of the stairs.

I think you get a new clue somehwere in between that too

• AHA

Gold 1/1
    Silver 9/10
    Bronze: 16/16

EEEEEE WHERE'S THE LAST SILVER ONE?

I've done the gym, the pool, the library....the bedroom? I found a bronze there...and a silver i think too....hmmm

Yes I've done the bedroom also. [hehe]

I'm gonna re-check all the rooms

• hmm, lemme see....

there's 2 silvers in the main hall I think (one on either side of the top of the staircase)

2 in the library (behind the shootable wall and in the room on the top floor found by using the sword/lever thing)

2 in the gym (kinda obvious and in plain sight)

2 in the pool area (underwater passageway and on the balcony thingy on the right wall)

1 in the secret passageway connecting the study and the bedroom

can't remember where I found the last one....

ooo wait; weren't there 3 silvers in the gym? ( 1 on that little island in the pool, 1 on one of the hanging platforms and 1 in the niche above the door)

that should make 10...

• ""there's 2 silvers in the main hall I think (one on either side of the top of the staircase)

2 in the library (behind the shootable wall and in the room on the top floor found by using the sword/lever thing)

2 in the gym (kinda obvious and in plain sight)

2 in the pool area (underwater passageway and on the balcony thingy on the right wall)

1 in the secret passageway connecting the study and the bedroom""

Those are the ones I have... :P

• Have completed Croft Manor but am one silver short, the one above the gym door.
    Can get to metal platform, grapple the bottom of alcove, pull myself towards the alcove where the metal platform stops when it hits the swing bar just below.
    Thats my limit, no matter what I do I can't jump the gap, I always fall short & finish hanging to swing bar.
    This is on PC.
    Where am I going wrong or what am I missing.
    "Please help!".

• Lara needs to be about one third the way down the platform - there's three panels making the platform so it's easy to see, before grappling the bottom of the alcove. Once she's pulled up close it's a running jump to the alcove.

See my walkthrough on page 4 of this thread.

• See my list on page 4 of this thread for all the rewards in Croft Manor

Originally posted by Fanx

Lara needs to be about one third the way down the platform - there's three panels making the platform so it's easy to see, before grappling the bottom of the alcove. Once she's pulled up close it's a running jump to the alcove.

See my walkthrough on page 4 of this thread.

Thanx Fanx, worked first time, now am at 100% secrets up to press.

Originally posted by Fanx

See my list on page 4 of this thread for all the rewards in Croft Manor

YAY! :sun:

Wait, is this in the gym, or outside the gym? And what alcove?? :(

Oh, no! I already have that one (I think).Well, all the ones in the gym are taken.