Just Started Playing AOD so here's some info for those who..

• have not had the game released yet in your area.

Now, as funny as it sounds, I'm a 37 year old Tomb Raider Freak! My friends and I have been playing the series since it first came out and they have all branded me the " Queen of TR " for the simple fact of how well I can handle her. Well, as far as AOD goes, it's like learning her all over again.

I'm so used to all of the old controls but on the PS2 version of it, you will have to learn the controls all over again. You now have to run and walk Lara with the left anolog stick. I understand why they had to do this due to all the new moves she has so I will say, you may get frustrated at first trying to re learn her moves, but it's worth it.

I'm beginning the 3rd level of the game now, but I can tell you there are plenty of glitches in the beginning stages of the game already. The graphics are beautiful but you will be able to tell where they really pushed the game engines graphics. There are certain area's when you will try to run and it's like watching slow motion running in the Matrix! At first I thought they were trying to add a cool effect but nope, it's a good old fashioned glitched.

One of the new features of the game is when Lara can interact with an object a small hand icon will appear on the right left hand corner, however sometimes you can't do a thing with it, and other times, when you can do something with it but need something to open it, she will tell you. I personally think they need to make a decision and have her do that with all objects, you'll see what I mean.

The sneak feature is pretty cool and you also, when having conversations with charactors, be very careful what you choose for your responses. During conversation mode, you will be given a few choices of what you will ask or answer and this will effect your game play which is going to make the replay of this game interesting.

Also, LARA GET'S TIRED! that's right everyone. If you need to climb a pole, or shimmy across something, etc, there is an energy bar that appears and you only have so much time to complete the move or she will let go and fall. I'm not sure if I'm crazy about this feature but it does pump up your adrenaline.

The one thing that bothers me about that, is if she is feeling tired, and you are running from something and you need to , let's say, move a box over to climb up and jump, she will walk up to the box in question, and when you try to push or pull it, she will tell you " I"m not strong enough yet " which is not a fun thing when you are standing there dying of poison gas.

I'm still discovering much of the game and the new features but thought I would share a little of this with all of you. The graphics are very well done but I think this is also what causes a lot of the glitches in the game.

well, enough of this novel for now. I hope you enjoy this game and remember, she's going to be a little frustrating to learn but I'm sure once we all retrain the flow, it's going to be a lot of fun.

Happy Gaming!
    Channie

• That's a great review, gives us a very good impression of the game.

It sounds very difficult, but I guess one will get used to it. I am desperately waiting for the game. I guess I will get both versions PC and PS2, see which one will be better.

I head a lot of people complaining about slow downs during action scenes. Hope this is limited to a few spots. That is really annoying.

• amerdaud@yahoo.com

Here's a hint for u girls!

Lara's Boobs Bounce!

Now this is a real piece of work by the developers.
    To see Lara's Breast bounce, play any well-lit level.Such as the 13th level
    "The Tomb of The Ancients" (because the light in this level
    is incredible and Lara's outfit is changed from the previous
    levels so you can see her upper body much more clearly).
    Stand Lara next to a well-lit wall (or structure). Stand
    her so that she faces the object. Move the camera in front of her
    (with right analog stick). The camera SHOULD show Lara's face
    and her chest(if not, move Lara back or forth from the wall accordingly).
    First of all you'll notice that Lara is wearing a WHITE Bra!
    Now wiggle the left analog stick just a little bit to the right or left
    (or just jump on the same spot).Lara's Boobs will bounce as if they are real.
    Hurraaaaaaaayyy to the developers!! :D