Which films have you watched recently?

• Milk

A truly brilliant film. I honestly think it was the best film of 2008, and I am patiently waiting for it to get a wide release so I can take my friend to go see it with me. Sean Penn protrays Harvey Milk wonderfully, and I personally think he should win several awards for it. The movie also was very good at showing both sides of the gay argument. We get to see how both sides stand on the issue, including the ridiculous ramblings of Anita Bryant and her followers. We see the struggles the gay community face and their coming together with the help of Harvey Milk to overcome these struggles. The movie also mirrors a lot of what is still going on today, such as the passing of Prop 8 today and their work to stop the passing of Prop 6 back in the 70's. The movie has a fantastic cast who really know what they're doing. They simply bring the characters to life. I would recommend this movie to anyone. Overall, I'd give it a 9 or 10 out of 10. I might have to see it a second time to come to a decision.

• I watched St Trinians last night, and like I've said before, it easily mops the floor with Wild Child whose American ideas of an English School for Girls are completely ridiculous...where were the producers when the brains were handed out? Get some originality, please.

I'm going out to see Valkyrie later on. I'm trying not to let my anti-American prejudices (sorry!) ruin my enjoyment of the film but its going to be hard...I strongly believe that the film should have been produced in German; given that Germany, Hitler and the Nazis held an intense hate for the Allies, and Hitler would be cursing in his grave if he heard about this, even if the story is about a plot to assassinate him.

• I saw Bride Wars the other day with some friends. Pretty good, but I'd have much preferred to see Valkyrie like I've been wanting to for weeks.

• Valkyrie is a good film, but not brilliant.
    It radiates the moody beauty and intensity of classic films of the 1940s, and I think the composer did well to achieve feelings of anxiety in every scene. However I think my knowledge of what happened historically ruined the film for me slightly, and the morphing of languages from German to English in the opening minutes of the film irritated me a little. It was certainly one of the better suspense thrillers I have seen and I would recommend that you see it, but its not the sort of thing I'd see again as I find that films romantacise the truth of events.

• I watched ' Operation Valkyrie ' on TV. It was an old original in german and with english subtitles. The movie was very factual and involving.
    Found it while channel-surfing. I'm not going to see the Tom Cruise version at the movies, since I'm not the greatest Tom Cruise fan, but rather wait for the DVD release. But feel free to tell me about the movie once you've seen it. :thumbs:

• Yes! Dreamcatcher was bloody brilliant. A bit frightening though - I did have unpleasant dreams for a day or two.

• Me, my sister and my mum went to see Benjamin Button yesterday for Mum's birthday (which is this Tuesday) My sister thought it was "meh" but me and my mum loved it!! I'm taking Bevan (my boyfriend) to see it at some point this week.

• I thought Benjamin Button was a bit weird. :think:
    I watched Harold & Kumar's escape from guantanamo bay. Really, really stupid that one. :rofl

• I watched Girl, Interrupted last night. As I'm sure you're all aware, its based on the book about a young woman being placed into a Mental Institution after attempting suicide. I find the fact that Angelina Jolie has actually lost her Oscar for this film highly amusing:

How does one go about loosing such a thing? :rofl

• How does one go about loosing such a thing? :rofl

Beats me !!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched 30 days of night. Watch it if you're into Vampires. It's got Josh Hartnett and the ' cute as a button ' Melissa George in it. :love: