reading books?

• Yeah, they're pretty much based around the concept of AoD. I should get around to giving them a read though. 152er, are they any good?

I'm currently occupying my eyes on a copy of the Burn Journals by Brent Runyon. A depressed 14 year old sets himself on fire, but survives and is in (I believe) a coma, then goes to physical therapy, and is forced to return to high school, where EVERYONE knows what happened.

• I just finished Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident (it only lasted three days :P ) and am itching for tomorrow now, cos I'm getting myself Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows then :P

^Lemme guess, it takes place in the USA [hehe]

• ^Yeah, it does. Not very exciting, the setting, but what can you do? I want to finish this book, but I don't want to read anything else just after it, because we have to take a test on the book when we go back to school in August, and I'd like it to be fresh in my mind.

I should be getting the Deathly Hallows soon. I might get a hardcover copy. Not too sure yet. I'm into the Artemis Fowl novels. I have all of them except the latest.

*Sigh*, I wish I could just memorize everything in the Burn Journals. I don't even like the book.

• Good show, MOD. Quite the use of smilies :-). I read a review on the book on Yahoo! and I must say, it's quite earned the hype it's getting. The book seems fantastic. Shame I haven't yet picked up my copy. WalMart has them for a good price of $16. I should go tomorrow.

About the Burn Journals, I've continued my read today. I'm not enjoying the book, but it's nice that I've gotten quite the bit of reading done today. About 36 pages in 15 minutes. I'd like to take some notes to study on, so I won't have to reread the book ;-). Be wise. That way I can enjoy another read, preferably a Harry Potter piece or Artemis Fowl.

• I'd imagine it would be, =) ! I still haven't gotten my copy yet. I should take a ride up to WalMart tomorrow and get one. I can't wait to start reading it!

• I've decided to read Eragon by Christopher Paolini again and then probably read Eldest (sequel to Eragon) again. :D

Quick question: Does anyone have any idea when the third book comes out?

• I'm very fussy about my books, i don't read too often. I mainly enjoy books about the universe (only the ones that have pictures though!) I most recently read a Hubble Space Telescope book, it was enjoyable.

• There's a book about a meteor hitting the moon and drastically changing the weather. You might like it Panda. It's called 'Life As We Knew It'.

• I am currently reading "Cave Canem" from the "Felidae" series by Akif Pirincci, which I can highly recommend. I just finished the most recent book from the series, no idea what it's called in English though, and am going to read "Salve Roma!" from the same series after that. When I'm finally done with that, I'm going to continue re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

• @Pippin, regarding the 3rd Eragon novel, a fansite said it was expected to be released in March 2007, which I thought they meant 2008, but the site hadn't been updated in a year, so technically, there's no word on it.

I'm still reading the Burn Journals, and I haven't gotten my copy of the Deathly Hallows yet, :cry:.

• I finished Deathly Hallows a few days ago.

So that's it, I've read all Harry Potter books.

Now I need to go watch Harry Potter 5...still haven't watched it, ergh!

• Still reading HP 7. Feeling a bit :hang: though... we shall see. (No offence to the fans).
    In between, I'm reading "Life According to Clarkson II: And Another Thing" by Jeremy Clarkson. Fun.

• Well, I'm glad to say that I finally picked up my copy of the Deathly Hallows last night! I won't be able to read it until I finish the Burn Journals, :roll:. I feel like burning that book. I hate it. Can't they pick a more interesting book for a mandatory read? Ugh, God it's not even something I'm interested in. I'm actually skipping pages because half the book is about the damned guy's bloody time in the hospital. And it's the same thing over and over again.

I mean, not to be rude, but I don't give a flying f**k if some guy attempted and failed suicide and had to spend 4 years in recovery. I honestly couldn't care less. I should write a letter or email to him stating how boring the book was and how I had to read it for stupid high school.

This is why I hated books for half of my current life, because I was always forced by school to read something I couldn't give a rat's a** about. I should kill everyone who made me read.

• Go me; I finally got myself a copy of Deathly Hallows, yesterday. :D I was contemplating getting it when I saw it in a bookshop earlier on in the week but it was £17.99. So i waited until i was going into a tesco and got it got £10. I'm nearly half way through. I'd prbably be finished it already if there wasnt any annoyances that kept cropping up, e.g: Car alarms, Mum vacuuming, my sister playing deafening music etc.

I swear they had better do the last 2 HP books justice otherwise the producers will have me to answer to.

• If I don't have ,distractions (i.e. Varisty, homework, Archaeology presentations, tests, etc :roll:) 2-3 or more books per week. At the moment, one maybe two. At the same time! :P
    Currently HP7 (still) and The Extraordinary and Unusual Adventures of Horatio Lyle, by Catherine Webb. I hope to start the second one tomorrow.

CHECK: started The Obsidian Dagger - Being the Further Extraordinary and Unusual Adventures of Horatio Lyle, by Catherine Webb. Fun so far.

Still having problems with HP7 - :hang: