Tomb Raider 7 plans revealed!

• I was reading computer and video games special on TR last night and when I came to the end there was an interview with Adrian Smith, who divulged a lot of info about the next TR. Interesting points included that Lara was originally going to become an alchoholic, and she'd come back to her home (croft manor) and it would be burning to the ground. The reason this idea wasn't followed through was because it would make it awkward for the movies. So, instead, they decided to frame her for murder. After this game, Lara is to go back to doing what she does best: Tomb Raiding. The next games main location is confirmed to be Turkey. Concept art has already been released and I have to say it looks quite fascinating.

Other rumours have included a much awaited return to Croft Manor, (more butler-in-the-fridge antics anyone?) and the facts of what happened to Lara in Egypt will finally be divulged.

Adrian Smith also stated that everything has been mapped out before AoD, and there is enough to make a completely seperate game.

Now...here's the shocking part....The next TR Game could be out for Christmas or early next year....(Yeah, i'll believe that when I see it.)

• :ouch: no kidding, could it have taken them any longer to come out with AOD? geeezzzzz!..i waited and waited.. I came on here to find out if anyone knew of any plans of Eidos coming out with tomb 7 yet? and lo and behold i recvd my answer..thanks guys! graphics are great, but levels arent long enough i thought..it goes by pretty quickly...I'm about 1/2 way thru the game, but so far its very suspenseful....however, like i said with all the time they spent on this game, you would think the levels would be a little more drawn out...anyway, thnks for listening to me... :lol:

• Hi, sorry I haven't been around for a while, been real busy getting the game finished. Anyways, a while back I managed to get an e-mail through to the team and got a confirmation E-mail back.

It read like this:

"Kurtis Trent will return. We've been innundated with e-mails from fans that have been going crazy over the thought that he could even possibly be dead"

So, there you go folks. KT is a definate show for TR7. The game is now in development and is set for a Christmas 2004 release. Expect this to feature more Tomb Raiding, Less bugs and improvement on Graphical quality. I SERIOUSLY recommend you get your hands on the Companion from the UK, it gives the low down on whats in store for Lara.

• If Kurtis Trent really is to be included in future tomb raiders, I am just hoping he gets a fairer share of the item list next time instead of two medpacks and hardly any ammo, lol. That was his major letdown I think.

• Good. Give Kurtis some weird Lux Vertatis powers that we can control, a working Chirugai (maybe like that Hunting Disc that the predator had in Aliens Versus Predator 2), a viper SMG and a pair of scorpion Xs along with his Boran X, and they'll have it made. I think he's a good character.

The only thing i'm worried about is Lara is getting more or less superhuman, and there's no real explaination for it. By the end of Angel of Darkness, I was doing sprint jumps that made Trinity and Morpheus look like they were disabled. She was leaping clean over 40 meter wide chasms :o

• Latest rumours suggest that the current engine is being rebuilt because of glitch and bug issues addressed earlier. The infamous Strahov fortress "Box puzzle" glitching is said to be one notorious example of, well...bad coding.

Anyways, if anyone wants me too, i'll type up the Adrian Smith interview and either post it up here or e-mail it to Jana. It more or less tells ALL about whats to happen. It also contains many tie ups to loose end stories and tasks. On top of that, theres a rather interesting trivia book I found on Console games and AoD has just been added.