TR3 - The Lost Artifact -Shakespeare Cliffs Problem

• Hi Colleagues,

This request is a little lengthy, but necessary I think.

I asked this question on the main Forum page months ago and never got a response. Perhaps someone viewing the Technical Page can help. In Shakespeare Cliffs during the point at which Lara has avoided the trains, collected the rocket launche, gained access to the building and taken out the guards there. She then takes the Quad Bike up the ramp. My trouble begins there. I checked with the Walkthrough for this which says:

"Climb onto the quad bike and drive up the ramp. Park the quad bike on the other side and climb up onto a little platform with fire and "no entry" sign on the left. From there you can climb onto the block and overlook the next part of the tunnel. If you have the MP5 you can use it on the worker over there. For most of the other weapons he will be out of range.
    Return to your quad bike and drive it up the ramp."

However,
    I've driven the Quad Bike up the ramp to the first turn, and saw nothing but "SLINC" lables. I 've also driven the Quad Bike up to the top of the ramp and STILL do not find the platform described in TombRaider Girl's Walkthrough.

I simply do not find the "little platform with fire and 'no entry' sign ANYPLACE. Consequently, I am in this building with a locked door and a "killer train" on the other side of the only exit I see. Once in while in this game I have encountered situations where something was supposed to be collected (medkit, ammo, etc...) and it just was not there... so I passed on locating it. Those things I can compensate for by being careful and a bit frugal with Lara's ammo/weapons. This is different - a critical part of the puzzle.

Can ANYONE guide me in locating that platform and exit sign that the Walkthrough describes?...Anyone?... :-)

Warm regards, Tareq

• ... I've driven the Quad Bike up the ramp to the first turn, and saw nothing but "SLINC" lables. I 've also driven the Quad Bike up to the top of the ramp and STILL do not find the platform described in TombRaider Girl's Walkthrough. ..

Well, which ramp exactly? When you start your quad run, you have to jump at least over two deep holes, before you reach the ramp before the train hall. My impression is, that you didn't drive your quad far enough, instead you stopped it too early.

Klaas

• Hi Klaas,

Sorry, but your response apparently addresses a problem elsewhere in this Game :huh . My location with Lara is at Level 3 of Tombraider Girl's Walkthrough.

To wit, Lara has just come from the tracks following her collection of the Rocket Launcher, et al, into this building (a storage warehouse or somesuch for SLINC crates). She has just off'ed the two guards therein and found the Quad Bike behind a crate. There is no place to proceed except up a ramp facing her as she brings out the Bike -- no holes to jump over or other obstacles to handle. The ramp just makes a right angle turn and proceeds to a sharp drop off at the end. There is an elevated opening that the Bike cannot access (fortunately) back to the tracks with a killer train just waiting in the shadows to cream anything (or anyone) that comes out of that elevated opening. And of course, the door from which Lara entered this building is now closed so there is no way out of it. If you read that piece of Tombraider Girl's Walkthrough (Level 3) - you will see where I presently am. I simply do not find the "...small platform and fire exit..." of which the Walkthrough speaks.

All of that to describe where I am with this game. Your response apparently describes Lara in another place, perhaps farther on.

Thanks anyway for your attempt to assist...

Tareq

• ... There is no place to proceed except up a ramp facing her as she brings out the Bike ...

Give this ramp a try. And avoid the subway tunnel. The only thing you can get there is Laras death by a subway.

Klaas

• Hi Klaas,

Thanks for trying. I reiterate, you are not looking in the right place for this solution. I remain stuck with Lara in this building and have more or less given up on the game at this point. There is a bug someplace that I have uncovered that apparently no one else has experienced and it has brought my game to a dead halt.

The ramp that Lara is on, after first discovering the Quadbike, leads to NO place except a drop off of the end of the ramp down onto a floor in the building. An opening above that floor leads to the Subway tracks and even if I wanted to I could not get the Quadbike out of it -- it is too high.

On one occassion I did manage to get Lara to side flip out of that opening, only to be killed by the train which immediately appeared. So, she is trapped in this building because the "little platform and fire exit sign..." that is described in TombRaider Girl's Walkthrough do not appear.

Thanks once more,

Tareq :flare

• Hi Klaas,

Thanks for trying. I reiterate, you are not looking in the right place for this solution. ...

Can you make screen shots of the place where you are and publish it here? Might be helpful for avoiding misunderstandings.

Klaas