Angel of Darkeness - no tombraiding?

• I hate the idea that Lara won't go tomb raiding in angel of darkness. Till now I throught I wouldn't mind. Because I'd also like the James Bond kind of thing. But I've changed my mind. First because I'm currently playing Last Revelation and again I realize I love it and then I've read an interview with Adrian Smith where he apparently said that Lara has changed because of the Last Revelation incident.

That is just stupid. This isn't the first time she got some stones on her head. I mean the plane crash was something that changed her live, if I remember correctly. And now she's lost for some time and changes "back"?

That sounds to me like "hit her on the head - she's crazy, hit her again - she's back to normal".

I really really hate that, first that movie which changed Lara's whole family background now they change Lara herself.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tombraidergirl on 2002-04-04 23:36 ]</font>

• Ah, yes. Well, this is probably a test try for the company. While so far there is no actual tomb raiding in what is known so far, certain skills and raids have to be made.

Eidos got enough complaints after the TR3 shoot 'em up style that they went back to something reminescent of the first game, hence the return to Egypt in 'Last Revelation'.

If enough people feel that Lara is drifting too far away then trust me they will retro the story with more tomb raiding.

• I think Lara got a nice outfit for the new game. Not that I didn't like her basic outfit but a change from time to time is no bad idea. That's one thing I especially liked about TR III all those nice outfits.

• Always nice to see new outfits. I think I finally tracked down the shorts. The closest I have been able to come up with is 'Tiger Stripe' camo.

Unfortuneately, the only ones I have been able to find have all been men's cut. Ah well, it looks like a bit of cut and dew.

• I also agree that Lara shouldn't change again... I mean, her change is what we like about her, right? The whole entire idea of running around and hiding is not really my idea of fun. I much rather been shooting everybody. I hope they change the plot of the game or have some other game that is mostly tomb raiding again.

• I had the impression Lara decided to stop the tomb raiding biz after she
    decided she was a moron for releasing Set and being indirectly responsible
    for a lot of havoc. I wonder if some item of Horus will be found to have
    kept her alive?

My favorite TR game must've been the first. I liked the sense of wonder
    I occasionally got in the game. I haven't played Chronicles, so I can't comment
    much on that. I of course liked stuff in other games in the series as well.
    Frankly, I would prefer to have more (good) tomb raiding without Lara than
    I'd prefer to have more Lara without tomb raiding.

• Although the new take on the TR games could be interesting, TR is supposed to be about the tomb raiding. TR3 suffered this prob and it was my least fave TR game because of this.

I like the puzzles and sneaking around ancient ruins so I hope AOD has some of that. :-?

• I just beat AoD and I loved it! It didnt go too far away from the original tomb raiders! There are some tombs in it! :D Thankfully Eidos is making the next game more like the originals with dinosaurs and everything! :D But I think you all will like AoD!

• I am not through yet, planying it and writing a walkthrough slows you down... but I agree with you. It's not as bad as I thought. It's like playing the London Levels in TR3.