Teaser Trailer expected for Friday 18th

• Yeah. A lot of people were guessing that Lara didn't know that it was leading to a catastrophe until after she started, which then caused her to maybe go back in time and blow up the mansion to stop her past self from pursuing the journey (which would then basically erase the game we just played, meaning it would have never actually happened).

IDK, but, I'm betting that when we find out it'll be something completely different from that Lol. :flare (I love these smilies, there's one for every emotion!)

• I don't know. I've never been so confused in my life, :hang . Well, it's not so much as confusion, but I'm pretty much just asking myself the same question: "WTF is going on?".

Always a good question to ask oneself.

• I guess we are all asking ourselves the same. I think I even dreamt about it. I had to think about the trailer when I woke up this morning.

I personally think that Lara had to do what she did to maybe save the world. There was talk of this dangerous power she encounters. Maybe it's unleashed in the manor (by Lara bringing an artefact there) or something like that.

• My guess is as good as yours, but that sounds more interesting. Perhaps a demon was unleashed in the manor or the manor was the breeding ground for chaos. Time will tell.

However, I can't tell you how many times I've watched the trailer. I'm yet to dream about it though, [hehe] .

• So did you notice that Lara's holsters weren't empty, even through her guns lay in the manor. ;-) At first I though the guns lying there might be significant, (maybe that Lara wanted to quit her previous life or something like that) then I noticed she was not weaponless.

• I did notice that, and boy did it make me think. Maybe Lara has an evil clone or something? I mean, did you see her outfit? She looks totally evil, especially with the look on her face when she blew up the manor, and in black leather? That screams villainess, [hehe] !

Still, I wonder.

• If you look closely, you can see the Ghalali Key on Lara's chest. She's wearing it as a pendant, like her mother did.

• [Blocked Image: http://i37.tinypic.com/inyjwm.jpg]

The item circled (if you go to GameTrailers and watch the HD trailer, it's easily visible) looks a lot like the Ghalali Key.

I edited my post because at first I wrote "Look what's around Lara's neck!", because I read a comment on YouTube, in which the person claimed it was Amanda's stone (which would explain why "Lara" blew up her manor), but upon further inspection, it wasn't around her neck, and it looked like the Ghalali Key, and the fact that Amelia wore it as a pendant like Lara is doing there kind of points in favor of the theory.

But yeah, don't strain your eyes trying to see it in the picture if you can't - just look at the trailer on GameTrailers. Very interesting though, but not as interesting as it would be if Lara was wearing the Unknown Entity Stone.

• but..my 5 cents :)
    when i look at your picture and see "lara"...well...i dont like this lara. she looks 1.ugly and 2.more than a gothic bitch - i dont like this kind of figure. either she´s kind of weired in this screne or this trailer is just made for discussion in tomb raider forums..to keep the underworld game alive and expected :)
    wheres this nice sexy looking woman who knows what to do? everytime a little laughter in her eyes? well...this trailer is very good made, its interesting, but i think it has nothing to do with the "spirit" of tombraider....maybe its more than a kind of movie just to show what is now possible of grafics and game engine...

btw..sorry for my bad english, i left scool 20 years ago :)

• That was an intense opinion, [hehe] ! Well, Lara does look goth, but maybe it's to represent her fury. I'm not sure yet, but I suppose we'll just have to wait.

• [Blocked Image: http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3311/laraisbackzomg10kq7.th.jpg]
    "I woke up this morning and just hated everything"

[hehe] had to be said hehe.

That was an intense opinion, [hehe] ! Well, Lara does look goth, but maybe it's to represent her fury. I'm not sure yet, but I suppose we'll just have to wait.

Well yes; who wouldn't be slightly aggravated if their home was blown up? (Just guessing here, although my caption may also be correct hehe).

Does anyone else think it looks a little like AoD, rather dark. Odds are that it won't be because it would be a suicidal move for CD seeing as only a fraction of TR fans actually enjoyed the game. Other than that, c'est manifique! I love how you can see the blood (or tears?) running near her eyes, makes the entire situation look alot more realistic.

• It does look a little dark like AoD. I'm just waiting for the next trailer and set of screenshots.

• [Blocked Image: http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3311/laraisbackzomg10kq7.th.jpg]
    "I woke up this morning and just hated everything"

Exactly what I said (in the German thread). [hehe]

Does anyone else think it looks a little like AoD, rather dark. Odds are that it won't be because it would be a suicidal move for CD seeing as only a fraction of TR fans actually enjoyed the game.

But as far as I've heard, a lot of the hardcore Tomb Raider fans also hated the "movie"-manor and wanted the old one back. [hehe] I also don't think that the slightly darker setting in AoD was its downfall.

• Hehe, great minds think alike :)

Well, AoD's cause of downfall is debatable. E.G.: I prefer airey surroundings in games (probably due to my claustrophobia) but I'd also agree that a plot revolving around "Lara the murder suspect" etc also contributed.

Like I said, Crystal Dynamics wouldn't touch that type of plot with a barge pole unless wanting to purposly damage their reputation. With that said, if TR:A and TRL are anything to go by; it should be great. Hehe.

• Well, did anyone else hear that AoD is the first of a trilogy? It was rumored to continue after Underworld. Interesting indeed. Continuations aside, I do think that Underworld may be the most promising Tomb Raider to date.

• Holy Crap, okay everyone watch the trailer again. Around 1:20 - 1:29, and paused exactly at 1:24, look at the door in the Tech Room and tell me if you don't see Lara's silhouette by the door.

Scary.

I found this out over at the Eidos forums. Scary indeed.

And, when Lara turns around from looking at her manor, she's smiling. But the smile fades into a frown as she holds her arm out and detonates the explosives. She must have been reminiscing whilst looking at her home. Then when she blows it up, she walks away with an angry and disturbed expression.

But, when she walks away, before tossing away the detonator...she smirks...

:O :flare ;(

• One shall have to inspect.
    Now this isn't directly relavant to the trailer (I would have posted in the generic thread but I am actually on my psp), but I've heard rumours of a PSP version of underworld; is this true? -I don't have nearly enough games for mine xD

A trilogy? I've never heard that before, and tbh I don't think it will happen, seeing as the franchise is only beginning to rebuild it's fanbase.

Apologies again for going slightly off topic.

• Quite all right.
    I haven't heard much for a PSP version. Hell, I never even heard of it until you brought it up, [hehe] .
    And maybe you're right, that they're rebuilding their fanbase, but if Underworld goes as we expect, their fanbase will sky-rocket, giving them the cred they need to resurrect the AoD trilogy.

Who knows though. I've spent some time last night rewatching the trailer to see if I can spot any other strange occurances. No luck so far though. Someone on the Eidos forums said that you can spot a shadow that looks like Jacqueline Natla wearing her crown...I can't see that anywhere.