3rd Trailer (OH MY GOD!!!)

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9EjV_hGJdk

I don't want to spoil it, so please do not read the below until you watch the video.

ZIP TURNS ON LARA FOR SOME REASON, AND JACQUELINE NATLA IS BACK! I AM SHAKING WITH EXCITEMENT AND DISBELIEF AND I SCREAMED ALMOST NINE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• "Drop it Zip or I'll drop you", ;-) . And of course she's pissed off - Zip tried shooting at her. But in the video, at 01:31, that looks like the inside of Lara's manor, which proves that it wasn't her who blew it up, and when it was blown up, she, Zip, and Winston were inside.

That strengthens the theory that it was one of Natla's doppelgangers in the trailer that blew up Lara's manor, and it would make sense since Natla is back. And on top of that, Natla returned in Legend as well, hence the Natla Industries crates in the final level, so Rutland and Amanda were working with Natla all along. That's an ingenius plot!

• That was so AWESOME! :happyjump

But I can't hear what Lara and others are talking, because I don't temporarily have speakers on my computer... :ouch: But I've read posts about it from other forums too, so I know a bit of what is going on that video. Natla is back?! I would have never seen that coming... 8o "Drop it Zip or I'll drop you", sounds like an intense part of the game... :D I'm so excited!!! :happyjump

Edit: Now I have my speakers again, and WOW! It sounds amazing! Lara sounds better and Natla sounds creepy in the end... :happyjump

• I might be missing something painfully obvious here, I never played AOD, but the voice at the end is Amanda Evert... Seriously, it can't be anyone but her - I've played the video back loads of times - definitely Amanda. But the trailer is so cool!!! I loved it! [hehe]
    And judging by what you've said about Natla, it would be cool if I was wrong.

edit: Just looked up a gameplay video of Natla, judging by her voice, looks like I'm wrong.... But I'm not backing down... might still be Amanda. ah well.

• Freeze the image before Lara enters the room and you see a stasis glass-tube reminding of the one Natla was frozen in, so even if her voice does not convince you, this should. ;-)

• But Natla was only frozen in the original TR1. In TRA she was imprisoned into some kind of crystal and, at the end, buried under a column. So someone would have had to have frozen her in the time between TRA and TRU... But who? Qualopec? Tihocan? And how would she have escaped her chilly prison?
    Questions galore. I WANT TRU NOW!!! :(

• I might be missing something painfully obvious here, I never played AOD, but the voice at the end is Amanda Evert... Seriously, it can't be anyone but her - I've played the video back loads of times - definitely Amanda. But the trailer is so cool!!! I loved it! [hehe]
    And judging by what you've said about Natla, it would be cool if I was wrong.

edit: Just looked up a gameplay video of Natla, judging by her voice, looks like I'm wrong.... But I'm not backing down... might still be Amanda. ah well.

It was Natla, ;-) .

• Oh my lord.
    That was the first time I saw that trailer (I have an excuse, my ear prevented me from doing the most simple of actions such as opening my mouth)... I nearly pissed myself with excitement. I now have to eat my hat 'cause I dismissed any possibility of Natla coming back [hehe] . I've downloaded the trailer and have it on loop hehe.

If anything is gonna make me downgrade it, it will be those nasty beasties with 8 legs. I've cronic arachnophobia :pinch

• Yeah when I first saw that trailer, I literally screamed so loud, my cat ran out of the room. I jumped up and down and telephoned my mom to let her know that Natla has returned. I couldn't believe it at all. I downloaded it and uploaded it to my MySpace and my Zune [hehe] .

• When I first saw it I was on my computer in the middle of the living room and I couldn't stop cheering. My parents got really annoyed with m, but I didn't care the trailer was so cool! :happyjump

• I'm glad Natla is back even if it's in the form of the ludicrous shape-shifting version from TRA. :shoot:

Natla is THE Lara arch-nemesis IMO and always will be. They are so well matched as adversaries. Lara is kickass and bad, but Natla is crafty and brilliant. Natla is the Blofeld to Lara's Bond, IMO, and long may they continue to interact both in game, in fan fiction (and maybe one day, on screen). The best thing is that neither of them (again IMO) are totally good or totally bad. I'm glad that the makers of TR may have adopted the suggestion first made in fanfiction that Natla and Lara could team up as reluctant allies.

• The best thing is that neither of them (again IMO) are totally good or totally bad.

Just in case you haven't noticed, Natla wants to exterminate humanity... :hehe: But I agree, a little. I think Natla is sort of cool. But I do doubt that Lara and Natla will be allies, be that in TRU or later - that's just not the style of TR. Lara always fights alone.

• I'm so confused! :(

In the proto trailer you saw lara blow up the mansion!

has zip got all evil and started working with natla or something?

is natla a god and lara wants to kill her?

if natla isn't the god who is?

I thought Natla got spaltter under a pillar at the end of anniversary?

if not was lara trying to to find natla?

WHAT HAS THIS ALL GOT TO DO WITH AVALON??????

:( too many questions

my head hurts! ;(

• ^ I can answer one of your questions: Natla was indeed buried under a column and trapped inside the exploding pyramid. BUT Natla already survived a fall into a lava pit, and she claimed to be immortal. So it is likely that she survived.
    As for all your other questions, we'll have to wait for the answers 'till the game comes out ;-)

• Isn't that the point of the game, to find out the relevance of avalon.

According to my excellent sense of deduction, when Lara tells Zip to drop it, they're in Croft mansion.

[hehe] .

• ^ I can answer one of your questions: Natla was indeed buried under a column and trapped inside the exploding pyramid. BUT Natla already survived a fall into a lava pit, and she claimed to be immortal. So it is likely that she survived.

then what's everyone on about with natla being in a some icy prison?

i never did the original first game (on pc) cos i never got hang of the controls so i don't no how that version ended

and i no they were in croft manor but in the 1st trailer you see lara blow up croft mansion so i'm still fuzzy on that bit!

• ^ Well, in the original TR1, Natla wasn't trapped in a crystal thingy by Tihocan. Instead, Tihocan and Qualopec put her into an apparatus which kind of froze her without killing her, inside a kind of glass tube. That's where that idea comes from ;-)
    Why Lara blows up the mansion, whether it happens before or after Zip shoots at her and whether it is the real Lara doing it at all is a mystery to everyone else as well.

• This Trailer is absolutly great!!!
    I love the Scene with the Motorbike and when she is screaming to Zip!
    Natlas voice shocked me, really!
    I can't wait to hold this amazing game in my hands!!!