Tomb Raider Underworld: General Discussion

• Moderator's Announcement: I have merged the 'Now this is interesting...' thread with the General Discussion thread for the sake of organization. All posts have remained as is, and the discussion of the merged thread and any discussion of the following topics may continue.

Thought it'd be best to have this thread at the ready for any current or future discussion about the main ideas expressed in Underworld. Themes may include:

Discussions/Debates on

- Release Dates
    - Ratings
    - Theories (Conspiracy or otherwise)
    - Rumors
    - Gameplay
    and etc.

-----------------------
    Right, well everyone grab your copies of Tomb Raider Legend and join me in this read. Let us read the description on the back of the game box together, shall we?

LARA CROFT IS BACK!
    In a race against time, Lara must travel across the globe to unearth history's greatest weapon. A legendary artifact of such immense power it could threaten humanity's very existence. Take Lara back to the Tombs with totally new moves and hi-tech gadgetry in her most explosive adventure ever.

[I chose to use that font since I believe it's the same on the back]

Now that was indeed interesting. History's greatest weapon? Immense power that threatens humanity's very existence? Totally new moves? Across the globe? Race against time?

Call me a theorist but that sounds a lot like what you would find on Tomb Raider Underworld's back-of-box description, don't you find? It doesn't sound all that appropriate for Legend - not to mention the fact that Underworld's artifact threatens humanity's existence, not Legend's. Now, I may be the first and only person to notice this, but that was an interesting find.

Any thoughts?

• You're right Catracoth. It probably isn't the worlds ( history's ) greatest weapon but one of the worlds most famous :awe . Well, is there anyone here who hasn't heard or read about " Excalibur " :think:
    Did Legend introduce new moves and gadgets? I'm not so sure about that either. I've seen the grappling hook before. Although not magnetic. And I also did see the balancing act. I think the only really new move is the slide-tackle ( bullet-time )thing. Wall-running made it's first appearance in anniversary. Pole swinging has been introduced in Tr Chronicles.
    :chin Now, what are the new moves ?

Love to hear from you.......... :wave:

• I bet there is a lot to the story in Legend we do not understand yet, and it might be revealed in Underworld that Excalibur and/or the portals are very significant.

• I liked the story of TRl and if it's like this in TRu i would be interested in this game! i like this one of games with a good history! let's see what will it be!

• @ Tombraidergirl

That's what I was thinking. Everyone, please have another look at the first gameplay trailer and pay close attention to the part in the beginning when Lara circles a room and says "The place of fear". The way the statues are positioned looks a bit like the stones of the dais in Bolivia. Coincidence? Maybe. Conspiracy? Most likely, [hehe] . Especially considering the surprises and twists Eidos and CD have given us already.

A promising game this is turning out to be, and the demo isn't even out yet!

• A promising game this is turning out to be, and the demo isn't even out yet!

So you think they are gonna release the demo BEFORE they release the game itself ? :happyjump
    That would be great, since they haven't done so since CD took over.
    I don't think all those " coincidences " are actually coincidences. :think: Since Underworld is the followup of legends there are supposed to be tie-ins, one way or another.
    I wonder if we get another glimpse of Lara's mum ? :huh

• Most likely, we do. They haven't confirmed Avalon as a location or a level yet, but I have no doubt that it will be in the game. I'd like to see what they're look on Avalon is - I mean, I can't even imagine what it would look like (i.e, a village, mythical plain).

And I'm pretty sure the demo will indeed be out before the game. However, I don't recall them releasing a demo for Anniversary at all. I'm hoping Underworld will be on the XBLM (Xbox Live Marketplace) for those with it, and available by other means for other game consoles.

• According to the legend ( of King Arthur ) Avalon is the island where he recovered from his wounds of his last battle. It also is the place where the legendary sword " Excalibur " was forged. An interesting place indeed. ;-)
    I can't remember seeing a demo for anniversary either. And the demo for legend came out the same time as the game itself.That really sucked big time. !#$* you know what I mean. :mad:

But hey, not long to go................ :happyjump

• For the record, King Arthur is actually a myth, not a legend, although I do believe it should be a legend. And I mean that a demo for Anniversary was never released publicly like on the Xbox Live Marketplace or anything.

But back on topic folks, ;-) .

• I have resently played te demo for UNDERWORLD round my friends house on Xbox 360!!!!!! :awe

It dosent give much of the story away but the graphics look great does anyone agree with me? ;-)

• Moderator's Announcement

I'd like to redirect everyone's attention to the first post of this thread; for it has been edited and requires to be read for the sake of diminishing any confusion as to why this thread was merged with another.

To clarify, please note that this thread can be used to discuss ANYTHING Underworld related, as stated in the first post.

Thank You
    :-)

• Oh, same here! I have a feeling that the demo will be of the Thailand level... :think: . I myself received an audio file of the latest song from the TRU score called 'Deep Sea Encounter' and judging by the title and the fact that it's in the beginning of the game...Natla may be found in the first level.

Interesting indeed.

• Ever noticed that if you rearrange the name Natla you get Atlan as in Atlantis ? :think:
    Deep sea encounter, anyone ? :-)

• LMFAO

At first I thought you said, "if you reverse the letters", I was going to say, someone needs a spelling lesson, [hehe] .

• It appears the levels have been confirmed.

Level One: Mediterranean Sea
    Level Two: Thailand
    Level Three: Croft Manor
    Level Four: Mexico
    Level Five: Valhalla
    Level Six: Viking Ship
    Level Seven: Helheim

Now, the cutscene names have spoilers so I shall hide them.

SPOILER ALERT

Now, I've done some digging around and thought of my own conspiracy theories. Remember when Lara says, "Helheim, Zip. Various myths use different names, but they all apply to the same remnants of the ancient world." ? In the Mediterranean level when Lara runs into Natla in the end, Natla explains to Lara that Avalon and Xibalba are the same place: Helheim.

Lara's mother is actually in the Mayan calendar, which Lara sets back to find her. Confirmed, Lara will have to get into Helheim/Avalon/Xibalba whilst being pursued by Natla and Amanda (yes, Amanda has returned, ;-) ).