Tomb Raider Underworld: General Discussion

• Moderator Edit: Please use spoilers when talking about characters that not everyone knows about yet, ;-) .

I am very sorry about that, Moderator. :| But I just don't know how to use spoilers or attachments. But I'm glad you told me so I will be more careful with my comments. :wave:
    BTW t.A.T.u. I'm totally with you on that. :shoot:

• Spoilers can be used by highlighting text and clicking the SP icon during a post (while you're writing it), and attachments are found on it's own tab above the smilies. By the way, the moderator edits were by me ;-) .

Anywho, I read an article in a gaming magazine at the pharmacy (that I regret not buying when I had the chance) that there is a physical fight between

:O

• Thank you for the info, Cat. :hug
    Do you remember the name of the gaming mag ? We hardly get any info about the TR Underworld here. Really annoying. :ouch:
    BTW I'd love to see the fight between

• You're welcome, and unfortunately I do not. I went to the pharmacy right after school but they were fresh out, :stupid . Regardless, I don't doubt that it'll be floating online sometime soon.

And for some Thursday goodness for everyone, I've got a smorgasbord of media! First off, new screenshots!

Now, some screenshots of Lara using Thor's Gauntlet.

And, a new conspiracy theory for you all to ponder: Recognize this?

Hmm...the similarities are striking, [hehe] .

Also, a review of Underworld that aggravated me very much.

The summarized version:

Of course, all that really impressed her was the size of Lara's breasts. I was ready to punch the wall after reading that. From that review, it seems that the only thing that interested her was Lara's breasts. Bloody damned shame!

• Thanks Cat. :hug
    All I can say is WOW !!!! It is a shame that this E.G. concentrates so much on the size of Lara's boobs, but perhaps she is just jealous. [hehe]
    But I really like the summarized version. After reading it I went straight down to my local EB store and pre-ordered TR Underworld by making a $ 10 down payment. Still 55 days to go. :ouch:
    About your conspiracy theory, maybe it's just a flashback to legends or do you think they are going to re-visit some of the " legendary " locations ?
    Can hardly wait :mad:

• Oh my god. The article would have been well-written if Gibson hadn't used the word 'tits' so much... so much for high-quality journalism... :roll

• About your conspiracy theory, maybe it's just a flashback to legends or do you think they are going to re-visit some of the " legendary " locations ?

There are no flashbacks in the game, believe it or not.

And RedHell, I totally agree. Honestly, I could have written a better article at the age of eleven. Shame on her, putting the name of journalism to shame.

• There are no flashbacks in the game, believe it or not.

It is hard to believe, especially since underworld is a follow-up of legend. :think:
    And you guys are right about the so called " journalist ".
    Tits is a poor choice of word. :thumbsdown: Then again isn't the article subject to the editor of the magazine ? If so, we should blame that person,really. :hit
    BTW, how do you know there are no flashbacks ? ;-)
    And Red Hell, I love your idea about the

:rofl

• Wow! 8o Those screenshots look so awesome! :D
    Yeah, the article wasn't a journalistic masterpiece, but every information from the game is good for me... :-)

• BTW, how do you know there are no flashbacks ? ;-)

Because Eidos confirmed it.

Anywho, I'm not sure what was running through that woman's mind when she was writing that - well, actually I do, but yeah - but journalism is not for her.

• Because Eidos confirmed it.

Well in that case.............
    About that journalist, do you think she has a mind of her own?
    I think she wrote that article to please all the adolescent boys :happi playing the game, not minding all the girls who also enjoy the escapades of Lara. :shout
    Well, that my opinion anyway.....
    And Poet

• I've discovered a video of the Thailand level from the start, with a cutscene showing Lara, Zip, and Alister! Yes, he has returned, and his voice is a little different, but still the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng2EZF1eK4M

For those who can't hear it well, the dialogue is as follows (excluding Alison Carrol, the man under her foot, and the announcer).

Promising indeed. This pretty much confirms (although we already knew) that both Natla and Amanda have returned, and they are seen in the Mediterranean level. Also, the beginning of the Thailand level is called 'Coastal Thailand'. It's been said that even though there are only seven or so levels, there are 'levels within levels' if you will.

• There's something I don't quite understand...

• Not sure either.

Not too sure though. Time will tell as always, :D !

• Below is an interview from the Ed and Ryan Feanor Press Day event that explains the whole PS3 demo situation. The demo for the Xbox 360 is available for download on the Xbox Live Marketplace sometime later this month.

Personally, I'm checking the marketplace everytime I play the 360 to check for the demo. You can bet that the minute I hear news of it, I'll be here to inform the lot of you, ;-) .

So basically, PS3 gamers should blame Sony, not Eidos. Microsoft asked for the demo, Sony knew the situation and they didn't ask. That's their problem, not Eidos'.

• Well, since I play mostly on my PC ( I do have a 360 ) I should be right, right ?
    Thanks for the information , Cat. :thumbs: I,m so hanging out for this demo................................. :ouch: