Tomb Raider Underworld: General Discussion

• What BETTER excuse could one come up with ? [hehe] I've been to Brisbane a few times, it's a beautiful place. Almost as beautiful as Melbourne. :D
    And they have schools here too. :sun:
    How could the upgrade be more expensive than a PS3 ? My upgrade from the current system would cost me about $250 - $300. A PS3 is around $750. That's more than twice as much. Then again, if you need a new PC ?..............
    So, you haven't been a good girl, oh dear........ what have you done that father christmas couldn't forgive you ? :hug I think every person should have the opportunity to play underworld. :shout Am I right ?

Yeah, I'd need to either completely rebuild the PC or buy another. My father wouldn't do the former for me so I'd have to buy another. As for my wrong-doings, I'd rather not say.

All this information is really getting to me...I'm gonna have to restrain myself from using Youtube to see the cutscenes, no doubt they'll be up withing ours of the game being released :| .

• All this information is really getting to me...I'm gonna have to restrain myself from using Youtube to see the cutscenes, no doubt they'll be up withing ours of the game being released :| .

Indeed. And I won't be the one posting them like a madman, [hehe] . My camera has crappy video quality and I don't think I'd have the patience to get the good scenes up, especially with other people on YouTube who like to compete with you trying to upload better versions and whatnot.

• Good, because if you dared then I think I may just have to launch a barage of insults at you [hehe]

But then again, it means that I would have to stop visiting TRG if I want to remain in the dark regarding TRU until I can afford to buy a PS3 and the game :P

• But I don't want to stay clear of the forums. :whistling: I like talking to nice people. :-) Anyway, it's a big difference if you read about the game or actually playing it. :thumbs:

• But then again, it means that I would have to stop visiting TRG if I want to remain in the dark regarding TRU until I can afford to buy a PS3 and the game :P

No worries; on Tuesday, I'll make an announcement thread regarding spoiler issues for those who haven't yet got a copy of the game. It's only fair to those who do not wish to be spoiled, :D .

• I can't believe I forgot to post about this; whoever has seen the launch trailer already, the song they've chosen to play in the background, Gorecki by Lamb, is extremely symbolic in almost every way Tomb Raider Underworld. Have a look at the lyrics or just listen carefully and it pretty much describes what Lara's been through to get where she is now, trying to find her mother, and the outcomes of finding her.

It's like the song was made for the game or something. Intense.

• No worries; on Tuesday, I'll make an announcement thread regarding spoiler issues for those who haven't yet got a copy of the game. It's only fair to those who do not wish to be spoiled, :D .

How very considerate of you. :D Only 20 days to go for me. :cry The excitement is mounting and nobody could spoil it for me now. :happyjump
    Yeah, and you are right about the song choice. Suits the game perfectly. :thumbsup

• No worries; on Tuesday, I'll make an announcement thread regarding spoiler issues for those who haven't yet got a copy of the game. It's only fair to those who do not wish to be spoiled, :D .

Exactly my thought. We somehow have to avoid users giving away the story away just like that and stop threads with titles "This and that happened"... Throwing them into one is a good idea. Anyone who does not want to know simply avoids the thread. Theoretically that sounds good. But we all know that there will be new users who do not read the guidelines to the forum, who spoil everything.

• Anyone who does not want to know simply avoids the thread. Theoretically that sounds good. But we all know that there will be new users who do not read the guidelines to the forum, who spoil everything.

Yeah, a good solution.

And concerning new users posting threads with massive spoilers (perhaps even in thread titles): I guess the only way to avoid that people read those by accident would be setting up a "spoiler police" controlling the TRU subforums every few minutes :hang Which is simply impossible, of course.

• Exactly my thought. We somehow have to avoid users giving away the story away just like that and stop threads with titles "This and that happened"... Throwing them into one is a good idea. Anyone who does not want to know simply avoids the thread. Theoretically that sounds good. But we all know that there will be new users who do not read the guidelines to the forum, who spoil everything.

Right-o. Not to mention the fact that some people like to purposely spoil the game for others. Not to worry, I'll be on full alert from the minute I get home on Tuesday until whenever things cool down.

And concerning new users posting threads with massive spoilers (perhaps even in thread titles): I guess the only way to avoid that people read those by accident would be setting up a "spoiler police" controlling the TRU subforums every few minutes :hang Which is simply impossible, of course.

You underestimate me, RedHell, [hehe] ! Not only am I an extremely active member, I also moderate the Underworld subforums. I'm a double threat, ;-) . Like I told TRG, I'll be on full alert for what I like to call the Underworld Spoiler Season.

• I'm a double threat, ;-) . Like I told TRG, I'll be on full alert for what I like to call the Underworld Spoiler Season.

Aren't you scary Cat. :shock: You know, it should be up to the individual to decide whether or not to read spoilers. So, if some inconsiderate dummkopf thinks it is a good idea to post a spoiler, why should anyone who doesn't want in game info, read it ?
    For those who like spoilers, I'm sure they know how to use Google. :D I. for one simply avoid those spoilers. :wave: And for those really obvious ones, like new threads with titles as such " Lara kills her Dad " for example ( I just made that up ) we thankfully can rely on our lovely moderator. :hug Looks like you will have some late nights,Cat. But I do hope that at least our members behave themselves and don't do something stupid. :shout

• Yes, we're basically worried about threads that have spoilers in the title, that's my number one concern anyway. That's what I'll be on the lookout for mostly, and of course, directing new members to the announcement thread so they can properly guide themselves.

I for one just saw a few cutscenes from the Croft Manor level, Arctic Circle (final) level, and the Mediterranean Sea level, and I'm bouncing off walls right now, [hehe] .

• That's what I'll be on the lookout for mostly,

You know, that could be a 24/7 job. :-) Since there are people from around the globe on this forum. And I'm sure you will have to sleep sometimes. [hehe] I don't envy you on that one. ;( :party2:

• My walls are surprisingly not damaged. It's miraculous, :D !

I'm sad to report that I will not get my copy of TR Underworld until tomorrow; stupid GameStop won't release it until tomorrow. I've had it up to here *puts hand over head* with video game stores. TR Underworld is probably the last video game I'll get on the first day for a long time. I'm sick and tired of being disappointed when I expect games to be released on the DAY THEY SAY.

• What am I supposed to do to my walls, then? I won't be playing the game until late 2009, I guess [hehe]

Get yourself a helmet and listen to some head-banging music. [hehe]
    No seriously, I do feel sorry for every-one who has to miss out on such a great game. But why will you have to wait until late 2009 ? Are you saving up for a PS3 or a X-Box 360 ? :think: Anyway, I hope that you'll be playing a lot sooner then that. :hug