Tomb Raider Underworld: General Discussion

• I'm sick and tired of being disappointed when I expect games to be released on the DAY THEY SAY.

Yeah, I know all about that one. :shout Your game has been delayed by ONE day, while mine has been delayed by 2 friggin' weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . Where is a wall, OUCH , found it. :ouch:
    Glad to hear that your walls are still alright. :thumbs:

• But why will you have to wait until late 2009 ? Are you saving up for a PS3 or a X-Box 360 ? :think: Anyway, I hope that you'll be playing a lot sooner then that. :hug

I'm saving up for a new desktop PC. My two year old laptop won't be able to make it. Thanks, I'm hoping that, too :hug

while mine has been delayed by 2 friggin' weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's mean.

By the way, maybe you could edit your post next time you want to add something? Just a hint ;-)

• Playing it now; on the Coastal Thailand level. I'm a little furious because when you preorder, you're supposed to get a limited edition artbook from the game; my GameStop didn't get any. I demand one.

• Playing it now; on the Coastal Thailand level. I'm a little furious because when you preorder, you're supposed to get a limited edition artbook from the game; my GameStop didn't get any. I demand one.

They did that offer at your location too? Here in Germany they set up a special pre-order website where you'd get the artbook with the game. You would not get in anywhere else here. I think that would work better, otherwise no one wants to be responsible.

• My mom's going up there tomorrow morning to find out what's going on because she's a little fed up with GameStop. They're becoming quite the gaming nuisance.

• Yeah, give it to them, Cat. these places should get what they deserve. Same here, I asked if I get the booklet when I pre-order, and they said YES.
    Now I wonder if they actually will give me one. :think:

@ Red Hell . How much are the PC's over there in germany ?

• @ Red Hell . How much are the PC's over there in germany ?

Even though I am not RedHell... It's difficult to tell. If you want to buy a full system, you need to invest a little money, cause otherwise you get one with a crappy video card which won't be useful in gaming.

I myself have a good basis and would only need to buy new parts (board, cpu, ram and graphics) and I could get them pretty cheap ~300 Euros. But that's not what I want, cause then I would be back where I started pretty soon (and probably not be able to enjoy full settings - especially since I have a large screen) so I estimate that 500 Euros would be about right. (Of course you could always spend much more if you like to have more power...)

Again: If you don't have anything else that can stay in your PC (e.g. a strong power supply, a fast HDD - SATA, .... - like I fortunately have) you would have to invest a lot more...

A console would be cheaper. But I am not one who tells people to buy consoles, because a PC has other advantages. (Plus you'd need a fitting screen for the console...)

• Again: If you don't have anything else that can stay in your PC (e.g. a strong power supply, a fast HDD - SATA, .... - like I fortunately have) you would have to invest a lot more...

...which is exactly the case and the reason why I have to save a lot :rolleyes:

A console would be cheaper. But I am not one who tells people to buy consoles, because a PC has other advantages. (Plus you'd need a fitting screen for the console...)

Since I desperatly need a new PC because I'm stuck with just an "old" laptop that, as I'm afraid, will pass away very soon [hehe] I'm going to buy a fancy gaming PC. And I don't have any space for a nice fitting screen, otherwise I'd get an Xbox 360 in order to enjoy the DLC...

Well, all the people talking about how they already got TRU make me pretty jealous, but oh well, I'm also happy for them. :-)
    And, questy and Cat, I hope you get your well-deserved artbook very soon! ;-)

• My (rather short) review for Underworld is on GameStop.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalo…ils.aspx?product_id=68944

I'll post a more in depth one specifically for TRG.com, :D . On that same link, you'll see that any evidence of a promised artbook is gone, so there's no proof. Either way, four of my friends saw it like I did before the game was released, so there's my alibi.

• Well, all the people talking about how they already got TRU make me pretty jealous, but oh well, I'm also happy for them. :-)
    And, questy and Cat, I hope you get your well-deserved artbook very soon! ;-)

Yeah, I wish I'd be one of those people too. Then again I will be in about 2 weeks if what EB told me is accurate. :mad: How can I trust them, after all these lies. ( release date, art-book )
    And thank you Red Hell for your well wishes. You are a beautiful person. :hug

• No...I should go and do that now...I was planning to wait until I get the game....but what the heck!!! I love Tomb Raider too much.

*goes and downloads* :blabla

• I've downloaded it, installed it, and .........wait for it, can't play it. :ouch: Have to upgrade some of my PC's components.
    Then again, that's the good part of the demo. At least I will have my PC ready when the game is released. :thumbsup
    So, how did you go, Fallen Angel ? :wave2:

• I havent played TR Underworld for a couple of days now.. Spicy riddles pull me down sometimes..

Anniversary was way more exciting and not soo difficult. I sold Underworld at egay again, lost 15 Euro...

Did anyone notice, that she shoots very slow with her Pistols? That kinda sucks, also, where is the Power Move?

Normally when i play TR, i play it every day, but with Underworld... Its different.

• WTF?! Its over!! Already?! You can finish TRU on a bloody weekend!! I really have to say that its kinda disappointing. The first
    TR Game thats not worth the money. Its too short on actual Gameplay, the graphic, especially the textures of the Characters, are XBOX Graphic and not Next-Gen Graphics. But worst of all, it doesnt have the famous TR flair anymore. Weird Storyline, Geographical locations quite boring, on XBOX 360 it saves every bloody chapter as a separate Savefile, overall, not satisfying. I've played all TR games exept AoD, so i know what i'm talking about.

Look back at TR3 or The Last Revelation, these were games i spent bloody months playing it, even using a bloody walkthrough!

I sold Underworld at ebay again. The only really nice level was in Thailand.
    The Game is definitely way too short.
    You dont need to buy it, rent it over the weekend, it doesnt take longer to complete.
    Why cant you select a Gamechapter of your Choice again? And also no "what happened before" option.