Tomb Raider Underworld Demo

• Yeah, I'm pretty much fed up with computers and downloads for them. Nowadays, you need to get this and be running that in order to handle this, and it's ridiculous. Game consoles are easier since games and content are made especially for them, and there's not like, ten different companies making eighty different computers with different specifications for each system. Complicated indeed.

I played the demo again and got all hidden rewards, :D . Now when I play the Thailand level in the full game, I guarantee myself a promising find of an unlockable item.

• What are the specs on your Pc.

Even the minimum system requirements are too much for my computer.... These are the ones that cause problems:
    1) CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3+GHz
    2) RAM: 1GB (Windows XP)
    3) GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 6 series 6800GT (or better) / ATI 1800XT (or better)
    But at least Anniversary works perfectly... :-)

• @ the poet....... looks like we have identical computers. Which means I will have to play the game on the X-box 360 after all. Damn all the software companies. :shout :mad: :ouch: :comp :hit

And Cat, I'm so with you.

• I played the demo again and got all hidden rewards, :D . Now when I play the Thailand level in the full game, I guarantee myself a promising find of an unlockable item.

By all you mean including the ones you are "not supposed to" reach yet? [hehe]

Without knowing how to get anywere we are not supposed to yet, Wile E. Coyote and I tried it hundreds of times on PC, so far nothing. But I don't want to look how it works ;-)

• @ the poet....... looks like we have identical computers. Which means I will have to play the game on the X-box 360 after all. Damn all the software companies. :shout :mad: :ouch: :comp :hit

My dad was kind enough to consider buying some new parts for my computer, but it won't happen any time soon... I might be able to play the demo (or the game, depends on if I'd write a wishlist to Santa ;-) ) in late December or in January. But I won't buy X-Box 360, because I'm too used to play Tomb Raider games on PC... :-)

• By all you mean including the ones you are "not supposed to" reach yet? [hehe]

Without knowing how to get anywere we are not supposed to yet, Wile E. Coyote and I tried it hundreds of times on PC, so far nothing. But I don't want to look how it works ;-)

Indeed, [hehe] . I tried jumping off the "elevator" towards the end of the demo and grabbing onto the grapple to descend to the bottom, but Lara fell and died. And interestingly enough, I looked at the statue of Shiva and Kali, and four Nagas came down like they do in the full game, :O !

• And interestingly enough, I looked at the statue of Shiva and Kali, and four Nagas came down like they do in the full game, :O !

I spotted two in the PC demo. But only during the first climb there, so if you go down and come back up, they won't reappear for me.

• I know you get to see a green one when you take a left after entering the final area, it runs up the wall, and if you take a right, I think you can see the tail of the second one.

But have Lara jump off near the circle of statues toward the bottom of the "elevator" and when she dies (sorry to say, Lara, [hehe] ), move the camera toward the statue of Shiva and Kali and you can see three green and a red one.

• My dad was kind enough to consider buying some new parts for my computer, but it won't happen any time soon... I might be able to play the demo (or the game, depends on if I'd write a wishlist to Santa ;-) ) in late December or in January. But I won't buy X-Box 360, because I'm too used to play Tomb Raider games on PC... :-)

Maybe I should be talking to your dad. [hehe] He seems like a nice person.
    Well, to upgrade my PC would cost me like $250 - $300 . Money I can't really afford right now. Even though I too prefer the PC to the X-Box.
    I'm just too used to the old keyboard, like you. :hug

• Don't play it too much like I did. It gets boring after about fifteen times and you just want the full game even more than ever, and you're ready to track down the trucks bringing the game copies to stores and hijack them.

Indeed! ;-) I don't know how often I've played the demo, but I simply can't take it any more. <sing>The waiting is the hardest part...</sing>

I spotted two in the PC demo

There are at least 6 (and 2 more you can't reach, because they are inside a doorway you can't enter - the demo really ends there). If you really want to know how to get down, you might want to take a look at trgs video section: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWiCNGI1dE (SPOILER WARNING!!!)

• There' s always a demo for the PC games. didn't you ever buy a PC gamers mag ? Just look at your local news-agent there are heaps of different gamers mags. :thumbsup

• Those game developers are surely working together with PC component manufacturers. :shout Every time a new game comes out they expect us to upgrade our computers because of the higher and higher specs needed to play these games. :comp It's just not fair. What was wrong with Anniversary ? It played just beautifully on my machine, so why the need for higher specs ? I don't get it . :think:

• Those game developers are surely working together with PC component manufacturers. :shout Every time a new game comes out they expect us to upgrade our computers because of the higher and higher specs needed to play these games. :comp It's just not fair. What was wrong with Anniversary ? It played just beautifully on my machine, so why the need for higher specs ? I don't get it . :think:

Because Xbox 360 and PS3 demand it. You'll probably now suggest to make a second version for PC which would not have needed the hardware it does. Well they tried for the PS2 and this version's release is delayed...

I am not very patient with PC gamers who complain about upgrading. It has always been this way and will always be, if you want to escape from that, get a console. Things will never change. (Besides there are always games that have much higher needs than TRU.)

• Indeed. The consoles technically lead the pack, if you will, and PCs tend to follow in their footsteps if they want next-gen graphics and whatnot. Not to mention that Xbox 360's company, Microsoft, is compatible with Microsoft computers - Xbox 360 on your PC, in some words. You can learn more about it on Xbox.com. Anyhow, I do sympathize with you questy - you just can't keep up with the technology they have today. Everyday they're coming out with something new, and better.
    But I've always been console loyal. It's less frustrating, if you ask me. I mean, there's only one version of Xbox 360 (and PS3, and the other consoles) - you don't see 50+ other companies making their own models of the consoles with different specifications - so all games run perfect on the systems and you don't have to worry about being up to date, other than owning the console you're trying to play the game on. It's not like you can play Xbox 360 on PS2 or anything, [hehe] .

Regardless, that's mass marketing for you - not to mention how they make their money. They always require some sort of upgrade that costs you a week's pay.

• Thank you for your honesty Tombraidergirl and Cat. I do appreciate that. :thumbsup The main reason I'm hanging on to my PC as the preferred platform is because I have the complete collection of TR games for the PC.And I'm able to play them all on the one machine. Does the PS3 or the X-Box 360 play the old games such as TR1-TR4 ? :think: I'm asking because I don't know the facts on the consoles.But I did hear that there where in fact some problems when it comes to save games.
    And btw, I don't complain about the upgrading of PC's , I mainly voice the concerns of the average player.The thing that annoys me though is the cost involved. Since PC's are mass market products and all the components are mass productions as well, I'm sure the could make them a bit cheaper. Don't you agree ?

Not to mention that Xbox 360's company, Microsoft, is compatible with Microsoft computers - Xbox 360 on your PC, in some words.
    And thanks for that, Cat. I will look into that. :thumbs:

• Well, considering that Xbox 360 is made by Microsoft opposed to the PS1 which was made by Sony, I don't think the games would be compatible. They each have separate family trees, so to speak.

• As for the PS3, there was a version which can play all the old games (PS1 and PS2) but they are not selling it at the moment, I think. I don't know if it's the same where you live though.