Official Lara's Shadow Discussion

• Tomb Raider Underworld
    Lara's Shadow
    .:Official Discussion:.

Now that the first piece of Tomb Raider Underworld's downloadable content has been released (Beneath the Ashes), I thought it a good idea to make an official discussion thread, separating the two for separate discussion. However, the rules listed here: Attention! All Users Read Before Posting! still apply (not meant to be followed until Lara's Shadow is released), so please keep them in mind around March 10th.

The official Tomb Raider website has released official information and four screenshots from Lara's Shadow today:

FEATURES
    - Brand new mission and level introducing a hot and furious killing machine as a new playable character.
    - Be the Doppelganger – Lara’s deadly double and play with her unique ‘Shadow Powers’.
    - Use Shadow Power to slow time and massively increase the speed and force of her devastating melee attacks.
    - Utilize Shadow Power to grab and move along surfaces that would be too dangerous and tough for Lara to ever climb.
    - Gunplay gets serious with Shadow Fire; the weapon’s speed, accuracy and impact shatters impossibly dangerous enemies into pieces.
    - 125 Achievement points.

Also, the WikiRaider section is being updated to add this coverage.

http://www.tombraider.com/server.php?show=nav.572

• The official trailer has been released today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUdRcgaUECU

Do not read the following spoiler unless you've watched the trailer or do not care to be spoiled.

• I totally agree with you, Cat. :D

• Jesus H. Christ if this isn't looking like the best game ever made. I'm downloading it now, a bit upset I was spoiled over at TRF; people don't know how to use spoiler tags, :mad: ! Anyway, I added a story summary to WikiRaider:

• hey, :wave2:

I saw the cutscenes on YOUTUBE yesterday and imagine my surprise. "Oh, my God! It speaks!" Dopplelizer
    sounds like a tape recorder breaking down in that low slow voice, but she speaks. interesting. I asked why
    didn't she on another forum and a few folks there say that to have her speak would ruin it, but I think it
    actually sounds cool. (by the way, Cat. I got "Dopplelizer" from someone's signature on TOMBRAIDERFORUMS
    knowing you didn't like "Dopplehoe".:grins) anyway, should be a fun game and I can imagine the fiction with this.

Good luck in your new bed. Enjoy your nightmare, son, while you're resting your head.--
    BASEMENT JAXX

• Her voice is just so...amazing
    It sounds a little bit like Lara's voice but on the other Hand it's a complete diffrent voice...and the Youtube videos...I live them!!! I love the end^^

• I haven't got Underworld, but I've watched all of the cutscenes on YouTube, and I watched the Lara's Shadow ones yesterday, and I must say the Doppleganger has become one of my favourite characters!

I think it's great that she speaks aswell, and I do love her voice.

• I agree, it's a great DLC.

I never really liked the doppelganger before, but I fell in love with her somehow while playing it :D The last cutscene was really "epic" (finally something TRU-related that deserves this expression...) and gave me the chills.

• I watched Lara's Shadow a few days ago (finally)

I know what you're thinking, "God! He's not real! Get over it, already!!!" but I do find it hard to accept. Truth be told, I haven't been myself since. My universe has just gone so out of balance that it's been messing up my head. I'm mildly autistic, so sue me.

• Don't give it a second thought Beth. I know what it's like to lose a loved one, fictional or otherwise. I had an attachment to Kate McReary from Grand Theft Auto IV. When she was killed in the end, I cried for a long time eventually crying myself to sleep. I wasn't the same for weeks and I still have a bit of pain for her death lingering in my system, and I witnessed her death about a year ago, a few days after the game was released in late April '08. I can't even look at her in the game or pictures or else I might start to cry. She didn't deserve to die at all and even though her death was accidental, the death of her killer did not do me justice.

• Wow. That was...Wow. You are the first person to understand, not even my (ex)boyfriend understood and he understands everything about me. Oh I barely see now :cry I'm so happy that at least one person understands!!

I'm starting to think it's really weird that I wasn't upset at all when my grandad died and I cried my eyes out about Alister.

• Ah, everyone has that feeling towards someone fictional. When Lynette from Desperate Housewives was diagnosed with cancer I bawled my eyes out. She's my favourite character so I wasn't very happy about it, naturally. Having that kind of upset towards Alister is pretty normal, I would say.

• Aww I cried at the possum story! I cry at practically everything sad in Desperate Housewives.

Anyway, just realised we're off topic... :contract

Yeah, Lara's Shadow, great thing. :thumbsup