I cannot save in either TR2 or TR3

• I have a bit of a problem (very annoying I might add!) with saving my progress in both TR2 and 3. I am going to say that I have used the Multipatch on both of them and have turned off the DEP thing on my computer. I was wondering if there might be any other way to solve this problem. Oh and I also want to add that I have used the F5 key and have tried it manually. :mad:

• Did you start the game from cd? You need to use the link provided on your hard drive to run the game. Please let me know if you've tried that too. Normally you should be able to save without any problems when you use that link instead of starting it from the disc.

• Did you start the game from cd? You need to use the link provided on your hard drive to run the game. Please let me know if you've tried that too. Normally you should be able to save without any problems when you use that link instead of starting it from the disc.

Yes, I have tried that just a moment ago and it didn't work. :-x I know this is a little off topic, but this smiley is amusing: :ff: I use Firefox and it's better than IE IMO.

• That is weird.

Which operating system do you use? (XP, Vista...)

Is it possible that the game is not allowed to modify data (create a savegame in this case) on your hard drive for any reason?

Did you install the game in the folder suggested during installation? (If not you might want to reinstall it and try again.)

And remember to always use the link in the program list (ignore the menu that might pop up when you insert the disc). (The game might otherwise try to save on the disc, which is of course impossible.)

• I'm on Vista, but I am wondering... which OS is better for old TR
    games, XP or Vista? Just curious. Anyways I'll see if I can resolve the
    problem by doing this. But yeah, maybe I can check out about why it's
    not creating a savegame. Hmm... And I did install in the folder it creates.

• I have no practical experience with TR on Vista but I could imagine that you are not allowed to create a savegame if you don't have administrative rights. That could be the problem. Due to these possible restrictions vista sometimes has I consider XP to be better when playing Tomb Raider.

• I have no practical experience with TR on Vista but I could imagine that you are not allowed to create a savegame if you don't have administrative rights. That could be the problem. Due to these possible restrictions vista sometimes has I consider XP to be better when playing Tomb Raider.

I have both a standard user acct and an admin acct on my comp. and i can't save with either one. idk if that matters, but just something i wanted to mention.