Starting Tombraider IV

• I have gotten my hands on Tombraider 4 and go ahed and install it push the play icon in the computers startmenu and this message shows up:

"tomb4.exe has found a mistake and closes" - this is at the top of the "would you like to inform windows about the mistake"-window.

I have tried to reinstall and uninstall several times and it does not work.

Any suggestions? I would really like to play the game. - and soon too!

• I guess you are using one of the newer Windows operating systems?

Try the following: Right click on the exe and choose "Windows 98" as compatibility mode. (You might also want to try others.)

You might also want to check out if there are newer versions of Direct X and your graphics card drivers.

If none of this helps and only then I recommend you get a patch.

Best try google to search for it, with the name of the game and your operating system.

• I am using XP.

And the only things I can find on my computer after installing the game are shortcuts, a readme file and an uninstall file. And when right clicking on the game icon - the cd - there are a lot of other files, so perhaps something is wrong with the installing itself?

I have never had to manually installed a game before - So I uninstall the game and copy all the files from the CD into the game folder and then install from there?

• the only things I can find on my computer after installing the game are shortcuts

Press the WIndows-Key and E together to start the Explorer. If you used the standard folder you will find the installed game files under C:\Program Files\Core Design\Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation. Right click the tomb4.exe (the displaying of extensions might be turnd off on your computer, so it might be only tomb4). Click Properties and the Compatibility-Tab. Set it up to use Win98/ME compatibility mode and click OK. Start the game by doubleclicking the tomb4.exe or your shortcut in the start menu.