www.tombnews.com reports rumor ....

• Hey all,

So I heard the rumor that Kelly Brook may be replacing AJ as the next Lara Croft for TRII. Although this hasn't been confirmed it brings up interesting issues.

I wanted to get a feel for what people think about Kelly Brook. For those who don't know she is a English model/turned actress who most recently stared in the WB series "Smallville".

Zen

• I had to do a little research to...I didn't know who she was at first. Although I remember saying when I saw her in "Smallville", hey now there is a potential Lara

She is a bit young (22), and I am not certain about her acting ability although she wasn't bad in "Smallville". She easy on the eyes and has been studying kickboxing (I forget why)...but she is English...bonus

• 22? That's a bit to young for my taste. I hope she looks more grown up than Jill. I think it was LLC who critized that and I have to admit she's absolutely right.

Well ok, first I'll have a look then I'll complain. ;-)

• The rumors have reached alt.games.tombraider and they are discussing the matter like mad. They are even throwing "new" names into the game. Some mentioned were "Claudia Black" form Farscape, "Rhona Mitra", "Lucy
    Clarkson" and I mentioned Jennifer Lopez again ;-)

So what do you think?

• I suppose anything is possible, it is Hollyweird after all.

However, I tend to go with the arguments against the change. The biggest is that the filiming (well building the sets and preparing) are supposed to start this month, with actual filiming beginning in June/July. I would say that if a big change like the star of the movie changed then with all in place for a production go Paramount would be hard pressed not to say something.

Approximately, two weeks ago 'Entertainment weekly' had an interview with AJ who claimed that her next project after 'Beyound Borders' would be to be preparing for the next Tomb Raider movie.

Third the current lady is supposedly expecting and thus would be doubtful for the physically demanding role.

Fourth, supposedly Simon West who is still listed as directing was quoted as saying he would not direct a TR movie without AJ as she was the Lara in his eyes. That is pretty weak argument in all compared to the others.

Well, another month or two should put things to rest one way or the other if filiming is moving forward as planned. I could certainly see a change though if a third movie was to be made.

• I personally would be surprised if this rumor was true, but in reference to last minute changes, the character of Strider played by Viggo Mortensen, was cast 2 weeks before shooting. The original actor was unable to shoot the movie. So I suppose that stanger things have happened.

• Well, I don't know who is better. I just hope they figure it
    out soon. But what about Aleya (spelling?) who was playing
    a star role in the Matrix sequals. She died, and not even half of
    her shots were done. And we're talking two or three movies at
    once. That's a lot to substitute and or re-shoot. So if mid movie
    an all out Lara war breaks out I'm sure they can manage. :wink: