Cliffside Bunker

• Aaand I'm stuck! :shy:

I'm stuck at the Cliffside Bunker location, in the area with welders at various spots and lots of scavengers who fight about what they are working for. No matter how much I try to be stealthy and all, somehow I manage the alert the hostile guys and in no time they've managed to beat me with their overpower and handy machine guns.

Any tips on how to pass this area? Is there a special order where to quietly and quickly kill those guys? I've gotten to farthest by stealthly killing three welders without gasmasks/helmets, but then the guys with helmets are tough - and at this point they spot me as they see one of the welders dead. Or am I just so bad at combat that I do not pass this area with any gun?

Here's a screenshot of the area, if it helps...

[Blocked Image: http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m605/Raiderooney/cliffsidebunker.jpg]

There are apparently four welders, one at the top left (visible), another at the top right at the equivalent spot. The third is at the far right corner on the floor level and the fourth, helmet-wearing one was at the back wall if I remember correctly. Then behind those things that Lara uses as cover, at the middle of the room, there's a bunch of helmet-wearing and non-wearing guys.

• You can't pass this section quietly, but there ARE a handful of scavangers you can take out with headshots. A good way to pass the beginning of this section is to climb up on the right (you can see the respective white board on the very end of your screen ^^) and take out as many as possible silently (some have special helmets, making headshots impossible :() . Now just wait for the ones in the middle to pull up the turbine (?) and shoot it at the highest point to make it drop down and kill them all. This will obviously trigger some more bad guys, but if you are fast you can shoot some of them, while they come down the ropes.
    In the end you again have to fight one of the heavily armoured guys, but you can make him reveal vulnerable parts by dodging his attack.

• Thanks Soul for the quick reply! :-)

You can't pass this section quietly, but there ARE a handful of scavangers you can take out with headshots.

Well, isn't that just great. :dead And I thought this was going to be neat and sleek in stealth style! 8)

This will obviously trigger some more bad guys, but if you are fast you can shoot some of them, while they come down the ropes.

That's a big IF there. :rofl I'm so bad at this... :grins

In the end you again have to fight one of the heavily armoured guys, but you can make him reveal vulnerable parts by dodging his attack.

I hate all those guys with armours, shields and all - those who I can't just shoot. I've never mastered that whole dodging thing, so till this point I've just taken a hit from the enemy and then blasted him with a weapon. :oops :shhh

• Thanks for that link, Soul! :D

That video really helped. :thumbsup My first thought was "Holy flower*! I can't do that!" but I'll give it a try. Who knows, maybe I have hidden fighting potential inside me in the form of correctly timed button smashing. :shy:

* could be anoher word, but for common courtesy I used the word flower ;-)

EDIT: I did it! 8o I passed the area! :happyjump But I didn't do it as smoothly as in the video. :shy: Right after I shot the welders I somehow alarmed the others - I didn't even have time to shoot down the thingy from the roof. I thought "On no! I screwed up! Game over ahead!" But no! I did it, with tons of scrambling and shotgun-shooting. :D

• If this is a general problem you're having, I recommend to always kill them quietly (use the bow, or later, when you have it the silencer on the pistol). Take your time to learn their behaviour and make sure you kill the guys no one will miss first. If another baddy sees you or the corpse of your killed opponent, they will examine and if they spot you cause a fuss.

If you're having problems with a specific scene, I recommend you check out our video guide. I tried to kill most opponents silently:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/tombraidergirlnet