Posts by Fuzzysponge

_ - Yes it is the key just left of the Right Shift Key.

See - since I had no such thing as a manual I have never heard of a pause menu - P. Do you mean the Esc key? - where you can choose to save/load/guns/ammo/Media packs etc. Or is there another menu that I do not know about?

I am really thankfull for your help, I would never even have had the game up and running if you had not answerd - so big thanks!

The left/right shift key on my keyboard is "Walk"

I finally found the "Sprint key" on my keyboard, it is the key that does this: _ or -

But I cannot find the controller options menu. Where is it?

And another key, "DIVE" where is it usually on the keyboard in Standard mode?

I am using XP.

And the only things I can find on my computer after installing the game are shortcuts, a readme file and an uninstall file. And when right clicking on the game icon - the cd - there are a lot of other files, so perhaps something is wrong with the installing itself?

I have never had to manually installed a game before - So I uninstall the game and copy all the files from the CD into the game folder and then install from there?

I have gotten my hands on Tombraider 4 and go ahed and install it push the play icon in the computers startmenu and this message shows up:

"tomb4.exe has found a mistake and closes" - this is at the top of the "would you like to inform windows about the mistake"-window.

I have tried to reinstall and uninstall several times and it does not work.

Any suggestions? I would really like to play the game. - and soon too!

I do have problems with the running jump - but I have gotten it right several times trying to do this jump - I think it is more the aiming that is a problem - I keep crashing into the wall at the left or drop down beside the platform at the right and get killed. Never directly landing on the platform.

I am stuck in India - templeruins ... in this particular place in the Walkthrough:

"More Climbing and Jumping

Turn a bit to the right and make a running jump to the platform at the wall. Turn right again. There you can see a huge platform with a cobra. Make a running jump to a spot left of the cobra. Don't grab the ledge. Get the guns out and shoot the beast. Jump to the next platform on the right. Now again jump a bit to the right and into the entrance of the cave. Jump back and grab the ledge to avoid a boulder."

I simply cannot get there - I keep either hitting the wall - beside the platform - or - miss the platform and get killed falling down on the right side of the platform ... Do anyone have a save game??? I have been stuck so long that I am considering dropping the game - and a I really don´t want to do that - I want to keep playing ...

Yes indeed!!!!! It sucks big time to be stuck in a game for too long, it is ok that it is hard, as long that it is something you can do something about.

Ok, I finally found out why it didn´t work - I seems like some times the levers simply just goes back into their original position, even if you only use them once, so I will just have to watch out for that in the rest of the game I guess - and after getting that lever right, she can get in and out of the boat again. :sun:

Oh - and another thing - how are you supposed to actually get your hands on that jade Dragon (the second secret - so you can get the grenade Launcher)? Is there another way to get that Grenade Launcher? I get killed if I even think about trying to get that Jade Dragon .... :kill

I have killed the dogs the killer at the balcony-, killed the bad guy with the club and his dog, been inside the house picking up key from the balcony guy, used a key on the other side of the bridge. Jumped over the 3 baldakins to the place with the lever for the door you are supposed to sail through. Used the key in the boathouse - killed the last bad guy and now I cannot get the boat through the last door ... :shoot:

I don´t thing I missed anything. And another thing - I cannot get Lara out of the boat either - have tried all keys I could think of, but nothing works - any suggestions? :think:

I am in the beginning of Venice, I am supposed to sail the moterboat through the door(not the boathouse door but the other one), but it is closed and will not open. I did go into the little niche and pull the lever before getting into the boat at all (the clip shows the door that opens and then closes again - and the lever is back up) - So how do I get through that door? ?(

Ok I went back and looked by the colum where I found the gun, but there were no more ammo, I even checked out the rest of the apartment again, and no such luck either ... Does anyone have a savegame? not for the whole level - only somewhere around this part? I do not want to miss the whole level ... :no:

I am in Von Croy´s apartment, in the second room, where the cleaner shoots down the wall. I try to shot at him - to make him run again, but I run out of ammo before he do anything. I am hiding behind the couch, doing the duck/hide and getting up/shooting. Any suggestions? Are there other guns apart from the one in the apartment that trickers the cleaner to arrive that I can use? OR is there another way to approach? This is the second time I play this game, and I do not remember how I did it the last time ... ?(

Hope one of you guys can give me a tip so I can move farward in the game again.

Bettina