Posts by The Poet

Wow, during this week there's been a couple updates in a row at the Game Informer's Hub, and another one is set for today! I can't wait too see what the update is about!
    New information has been impressive, indeed. :-)
    But how long does this go on? Till the end of the year? Till the game hits the stores? There seems to be some room left at the Hub, so a few more updates can be expected... :think:

You're probably right, Wile E. Coyote. *sigh* I wish I had some sort of device that'd speed up the time for a year...
    It's very nice that the Game informer has a hub where new information is revealed regularly. I don't mind spoilers as long as they're not huge, major ones. If I hadn't visited Tomb Raider Girl website on 8th of December I would have been completely unaware of all this new stuff. [hehe]

I'm slightly worried about the horror aspect. Personally, I don't like horror games, so I hope there won't bee too many creepy, dark caves with scary savages chasing you. :shelob
    But it's impossible to make a game that pleases everyone 100%, and I'm sure I'll buy it anyway. And I found TR4 scary too, and the Mexico level in Underworld, so... [hehe]

It'd be nice to know how far the making process of the game actually is. Like, is there a demo existing somewhere in the dephts of the Eidos/Crystal Dynamics/Squuare Enix compound just waiting to be released?
    Seeing a trailer, that'd be so cool... 8o

The whole rebooting thing is very interesting. I'm not sure about my opinion on the new Lara yet. On some parts I'm really excited and some other made me doubt the whole thing.
    I was sort of fond to the "superhero" kind of role Lara was in the previous games. Strong, almost invincible... But it's exciting to see how this one turns out to be. :D
    Vulnerability, making Lara more realistic and human, evolving as the adventure goes on... :chin
    The only thing I wonder is that do they keep Lara as a countess? Is there the lady aspect, any manors to inherit?
    To me that was one essential part of Lara, being rich and priviledged, but still raiding tombs and getting into great adventures. :-)

All kinds of new information considering the ninth Tomb Raider game have been floating around in the wide world of internet.
    There's the Game Informer's article of it in the magazine (January issue's cover story) and the Tomb Raider Hub, which was updated on the 9th of December.
    Game Informer's Tomb Raider Hub
    The latest update of the Hub is about Lara Croft's character in the next game.

Got it. Played it. Finished it.
    It was quite fun actually. :-) There were some :ouch: - moments, and it took me a while to learn some new movements, like the new headshot. I had to play it with medium details and without all the shadow or water effects etc. But even then the game looked good. :-)
    Now I'm looking forward on the Tomb Raider 9 (if I have any hope that any computer that is located in my household will be able to run it at least with low visual settings)... :thumbsup

Yep, you're right, Wile E. Coyote, the game is actually quite cheap... :chin

And the game really gets rather dark towards the end, in my opinion too. Hmm... I'm definitelky going to do some serious thinking before I buy anything.

Thank you, Wile E. Coyote! :D I'll try that one... I really want to get the actual game. :-) The demo runs smoothly enough on my dad's laptop. Maybe if I asked my dad really nicely, I could get it... :chin Or I could spare some money...

I know I'm a little late, most of you people (probably) own the actual game already, but:
    Are there really no places that you are "not supposed to" go in the demo? I saw one of those Nagas-thingys when I went to the left when entering the Shiva/Kali-statue room... If I'd be quick enough I might get a chance to shoot it. :chin I've been jumping all around the place and trying to grab those ledges that look climbable, but without any result.
    I've also found all the tiny secrets (at least I think so).

Or then there's the cruel truth: there's no way to proceed to any other areas ...

Hmm... How about "Underwater Hazards"? :chin
    Although it could also mean all dangers that wait under water, like traps and such...
    "Beasts that lurk in the dephts of water"
    Sorry, these were the ones I could think of... :-) I think Underwater Enemies would be a good and simple keyword.