Posts by Deatheater22

The first deathterap with the many big stone slabs that come together in I guess a wave pattern and you have to use the grapple for a small stone block to get in the middle?

How do I get past it?

Right, to get into the chamber, its just a well timed mad dash.

To get out, if I'm thinking of the right bit, then what you do is use the grapple to pull the stone box to roundabout the middle of the passage and it will hold at least one pair of stone blocks apart. Then, wait for a good moment and run towards the box jumping onto it. Walls will close in around you but you'll be safe on top of the box. Then, dash past the last few blocks. Also there is a secret up in the crevice where the stone box was.

And watch out for the fire traps in one of the other death rooms. :flames

I haven't even started. I'm getting it for Christmas. :cry

I feel so sorry for you... I only just avoided that fate. My mum insisted that I asked grandma to pay for it and give it me for christmas but I outright refused and gave gran a load of albums instead, and now I regret even that as I've finished TRU and now have no new music to listen too... Ah well, not long to wait now. :|

TRU depends a lot less on trick moves

I dunno about that really. I seem to remember being really stumped nearly every time I used the chimney jump... And of course, the stupid wall run then jump off backwards thing in the room after the bridge puzzle. I fell in that water sooooo many times.

And I dunno about plotline, I loved the whole flashback idea at the beginning but beyond that it was more or less a case of get the other gauntlet, get the belt, get natla, and so on. I mean yes there was a plot there and it was slightly more distinct than in say, TR II, but there still wasn't much.

I do agree about the level of texture and graphic quality being consistent in TRU though, and it is certainly and improvement on the classics.

perhaps if they merged Underworld's game with Legend's options for level replays and outfit choices, then it'd be perfect.

That's what I meant by general layout.... eg: level replays and outfits... Sorry, I didn't phrase that well.

Talking about the whole manga-ifying of Lara, I noticed that too. When Underworld first arrived in the post I was using quite an old graphics card that really wasn't capable, so everything appeared to be the same level of detail and absolutely fine. But then I bought a new graphics card and one of the first things I noticed was how little detail there was in lara's face compared to... well... everything else, she's just a little cartoon with chubby cheeks, big eyes and practically no shading on her face. Although, to be honest, I think the only reason I noticed the change was because before she was delightfully pixelated. lol

I hated the pots but the problem I had with them was when a secret wasn't in a pot, ie: laying about on the floor, I just didn't see it.

Personlly, I decided to keep the helper stuff on but only beacuse in legend I had an absolute crisis... In Legend you had to jump then grapple to swing across a gap, but it only told you how to do it the first time, so later on (can't remember whereabouts) I got to a big gap... Could see the big shiny disk, and kept throwing the grapple, jumping, pressing action, throwing a grendade, but really couldn't remember how to do it. So I had to redo the level completely just to check the control help. And bearing in mind that it was the first time through... That first level was really hard at the time. So in underworld I didn't mess with the difficulty settings, just in case. If I decide to replay the game though they'll be the first things to go.

wooo... finished it... I agree with catracoth that the general layout was really bad. Legend was great for that.

But the thing that annoys me was that there were no really hard fights. I mean in Legend there was some form of boss in practically every level (except the first two and nepal), in anniversary there was the T-rex and the centaurs (and thats as far as I got.... cursed mules with fireballs) and then in underworld... ummm.... what? The only slightly hard fight was the first big trollish thrall thing, and from then on you've got the hammer, so its only a three shot kill.... I like bosses...

The puzzles are ok but personally I get on fine with them, there weren't any that really stumped me (except the bridge, but I was being stupid then)

I decided that I ought to play anniversary before underworld so bought the PC gamer version. I got as far as the coliseum level, in several bouts, also properly saving the game at the end of each level, quit the game properly and did something else. Next time I loaded the game I got a message saying that the autosave file was corrupted. Then when I actually got into the game all of my proper savegames were gone as well. What gives? I don't want to start again get that far and have it happen again. :shout

Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned but I spotted this on GameTrailers.com
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/38772.html

OMG its the first proper, proper gameplay trailer I've seen. Its got the little healthbar and everything... eeeep!

You know what i would like to see in the new game?
    I would like to see bullet holes in walls, crates, ( I bet there will be crates ) shattering windowpanes etc... when shot at.

They do that in Doom 3 and its absolutely fantastic. And it leaves blood on the walls where you've shot someone (Unless its human its green slime!!!!!). The point is, its realistic and good for navigation..... And if you've got unlimited ammo, like the pistols..... Its fun! I would love to see that in underworld.:gun

Catracoth's right about the fluidity of movement in the trailer but I wouldn't be too surprised if its all been sped up for the purpose of that trailer. There's also the fact that they can make Lara as fluid as they like but, especially on the PC version, she's gonna be slowed down by how fast your console runs.

Believe me.... It was short when I finished the first draft...

I'm English and my school made everyone learn French and Spanish too. That said I've just been on holiday to Austria and would really like to learn German... Its a nice language.
    And Chinese... Maybe one day I'll get round to it. :hehe:

:-? Maybe Lara faked her own death so that she could run off on this epic adventure that edios describes as her against the world. I mean, if its really that bad she wouldn't want to be traced. That would explain why there's a pair of pistols in the mansion, and possibly why she smirks near the end - a job well done. The outfit looks kind of like the one she wears in the London level of TRIII so personally, I don't think its that out of place. I was looking at the "broach" near her shoulder, definitely could be the Galali key, but I just think its detail on her top as there's a kind of similar shadow on her other shoulder, but you never quite see it well enough to tell.

One thing I have noticed, especially now the third trailer is out, is there is absolutely no mention of Alistair whatsoever. You never hear his voice, you never see him and his name is never said... It seems a long shot, especially if it is Lara blowing up the mansion, but maybe he was in there.

I might be missing something painfully obvious here, I never played AOD, but the voice at the end is Amanda Evert... Seriously, it can't be anyone but her - I've played the video back loads of times - definitely Amanda. But the trailer is so cool!!! I loved it! [hehe]
    And judging by what you've said about Natla, it would be cool if I was wrong.

edit: Just looked up a gameplay video of Natla, judging by her voice, looks like I'm wrong.... But I'm not backing down... might still be Amanda. ah well.