Posts by Grape

The existence of the Standard Group is not really necessary. It would make sense to have only the two groups English and German, and to add automatically each new member to both groups when they join, then let them remove themselves from either if they so choose.

I think one of the main reasons besides the minor bugs is that it didn't really "feel" like a tr game... the bad guys were cheesy there was hardly any tomb raiding going on... I mean cmon the Sanatorium and all those bright gardens? how is that at all tomb raider-esque? and the story was weak and didn't hold together.

And they tried to throw in cheap tricks like collecting money to bribe ppl ,or having to do the conversations correctly, or having to play as Kurtis, but it didn't add to the game, it just made you feel like they were adding cheap tricks. The whole Kurtis stunt was just annoying.

(I didn't bother playing past tomb of the ancients).

I know.. [hehe]

Originally posted by Pro Grape
    I think your sig is a little... too self-complimentary

I wasn't stating an opinion on whether or not she merited the compliment... only on its slight lack of modesty :-)

I wish they'd let you go on the balconies in TR3. I never tried to use the corner bug, though... And they should have made all the windows breakable.

Perhaps they thought Natla was very successful as an evil female, so they felt assured that they would have another successful evil Amanda if they followed the same formula?

Since there are about 200 billion galaxies in the universe, and hundreds of billions of stars in each galaxy, it's pretty unlikely that life doesn't exist somewhere else in the universe.

How much like life on Earth the other life forms are would depend on how specific the requirements for life are. That is, if every life-bearing planet must be nearly the same as Earth, then it's reasonable to expect the evolutionary process to run its course in a similar way. On the other hand, if not, then different life forms might not even be carbon-based (as all of Earth's life is).

Either way, I also doubt there are little green men.

Photoshop CS mostly and sometimes Paint, like koalah says, for those effects that are supposed to look a bit.. cheesy. Once in while for specific effects I use the built-in editor of Picasa.

Originally posted by ladyoutlaw
    Help!! I Is Stuck!!! Can u lot help? I am at king authurs tomb thing an i have to find is coffin and find where the sword piece is! Plz! some1 look at tis and help! :einfall: :flare:

thanks for posting this in so many threads :stupid:

No, I don't think so (but I've never played sim), it's a sort of puzzle/adventure game, but I think it's main appeal is that it's such a complete, immersive little microcosm. You just wander through in the worlds trying to solve the puzzles, which vary in size from simple to game-spanning, and which contribute to each other. The puzzles drive the story and aren't contrived or awkward. you have to notice things about symbols and clues and 'machines' you find, decode number systems, etc.. it's a very quiet game, not action-packed at all. you don't kill bad guys. the environments are very organic and smooth, full of detail and texture and atmosphere (it's worth having good graphics machinery in your computer).

http://pc.ign.com/articles/652/652767p1.html

Yeah, mostly I have too... I just put a little footnote saying IE does not support PNGs so use a different browser to view the page correctly. Now I will have to say that IE users must have JavaScript enabled. If it were not such a commonly used browser, I wouldn't bother about it.