Posts by Fanx

England were rubbish, in the end I was hoping for a Paraguayan equaliser - they so deserved it, and England so did not deserve the three points.

England - Paraguay next, and like half the population I've laid in supplies .... beer, pizza and corn chips for the afternoon. Supermarket was almost cleaned out of some of the above essentials.

Originally posted by Pro Grape
    how do you gt the one-shot-kill cheat that I've heard about? Does it apply to bosses?

It's not a pistol upgrade as such since it applies to all guns. Lara will need to complete the Bolivia Redux timetrial to get the one-shot kill - and it will work only on human bosses, being the ones she can kill with a gun.

It's good for Tokyo & Ghana bosses and useless against the sea serpent and Amanda's beast.

Originally posted by Della
    For some reason, I have only 15/16 Silver Rewards. I'm positive I have everything that's pointed out in TRC's walkthrough, but it says 15/16! I have all of them in the gym, before you ask. Every single one. They're so easy to get. Am I missing something? Do you have to finish the game before it's revealed? I have all the Bronze, and the Gold. Silver has been like this for the past 3 games, and I still can't figure it out!

Thank you! ^^

I posted a checklist of Bronze Rewards way back on page 5 of this thread.
    Just run Lara through the house via each checkpoint and she'll soon find the one she's missing.

Originally posted by laralara
    Is there a way to replay croft manor without having to restart the game (without having to play bolivia?)

When you load the game open a previously saved game - one from before you started collecting the Croft Manor rewards - and you'll find that they're all back for you to collect again.

If you do this remember that your master savegame will be overwritten, if you're relying on it you should make a backup or create a new savegame before quitting to restart the old savegame.

It's a ridiculous name and it makes me wonder if Nintendo even bothered to do any market research.

Even a 3 year old could tell you that it sounds like their favourite word for urine (wee).

I can only conclude that Nintendo is taking the piss.

Original von gripweed
    I am trying for hours now to get by the rolling boulder. I just can't do it. This is so hard for me, I don't know wht to do. :flare: Does anyone have a savegame for me, just after that boulder scene?
    it would be much appreciated.

I have a save game here for you.

Lara has collected the reward that was below her current position, so you don't need to bother with that.
    She is wearing the Green Sport outfit, and has collected all rewards up to this point. She has also collected all of the rewards in Croft Manor, so if you have yet to complete that challenge you may want to delay using this savegame until she's got them all.

:edit:

Attachment now deleted, as you obviously don't need it. If you're going to make a request for a file it is generally expected that you follow up on it by revisiting the thread, downloading the file and posting a reply. Since neither you nor anyone else needs this savegame I removed it to save wasting server space.

Every single one of your points could be argued to prove the opposite of your claims.

1. There are no errors in my PC - just in some of the games, but they're usually easily fixed. The fact that consoles are completely redesigned every few years points to them being less than perfect. I can get away with sticking a new graphics card or some more memory in my PC and it will last longer than the latest generation of consoles.
    2. With a console you have to sit in front of a TV - no handy desk to lean on or place drinks and snacks and phone on.
    3. With a console your hands are free only when you let go of the controller.
    4. I get uncomfortable sitting on the sofa after 30 minutes - my computer chair .... I can sit in it for 18 hours a day and it stays comfortable.
    5. Consoles use only a tenth the power - when you forget to turn the TV on.
    6. I know how to use a keyboard, nowadays you're considered functionally illiterate if you don't. I don't really like controllers, but for those that do there are versions or gamepads for the PC too.
    7. Not all patches are to fix errors, some are game enhancements or add-ons. Consoles have learned to add adaptability with content downloadable to hard drives, if consoles were as perfect as you suggest this wouldn't have been necessary. Either way, it doesn't demonstrate that one system is any better than another.
    8. .... so now you concede that PCs are better? .... or there are some games that can't be played on a console? In the bad old days there wasn't the choice of consoles we have now, nor the cross-platform licencing. When a game was released on more than one system it was on the PC and one console - always on the PC, never on two consoles.
    9. Of course it's not a typing game - if I want to practice my typing I don't play Tomb Raider - but I don't have to buy another machine do type on either. Again, you can use a controller or gamepad if you wish. Just how do you write a letter on a console?
    10. You were misquoted - or robbed. Last system I built cost about £300 - I'd be fascinated to hear of anyone building their own console. A console might be considered a waste of money if all you do with it is play games on it. Don't forget you also need to buy a TV for the console to work - another waste of money if you're not going to watch TV.
    11. All Tomb Raider games are not the same. Have you forgotten about save crystals in the original? They made for substantially different gameplay. ... and you concede the graphics are better on the PC. AoD was different too - on the PC it was crap.

I'm sure consoles are perfect for those that like them - I have a playstation that I probably spend about 30 minutes a year on and I have a PC that I'm very happy to spend 12 hours a day on. For me, the PC is the perfect machine - for games, for music and movies, for work or for anything else I care to do on it.

It isn't a bug.

All it means is that you don't have to do more than complete all the levels and collect all the rewards, including those in Croft Manor.

There is nothing to be gained by leaving Croft Manor until after you've completed the other levels - that's just silly. The best thing about Croft Manor is that it gives you something to do when you're stuck in the main game, the same goes for the time trials - you should be doing these whenever you feel like it.

Originally posted by korn-star
    does anyone know if you can leave the house :S because when i was in the library alister said 'are you going outside yet?' and lara said'notwhen theres still plenty to explore outside' what does that mean ????

Lara actually says there's plenty inside - not outside.

We could consider this as meaning that Lara can't get outside - and we know that she can't, so all this scene is telling us is that when Lara is in Croft Manor she can't leave the house.

Yes, we're referring to the search engine.

The phrase "Google is your friend" is a friendly way of saying the best way to find the info you want is to search google for it.

Using the phrase (or the similar, but ruder STFG) means that the writer considers the RFI (Request For Information) is about something that is so well-known that it doesn't warrant an explanation.

I guessed you didn't know, I think you're too nice a person to break the rules on purpose.

Here's a hint - if you use the Add Link button instead of the Insert Image one then the image won't load here but anyone can view it if they click on the link - like this link to a pic of my attic window.