Posts by lithium^9mm

lol thx :D .. that one took me a bit of time.. I had to cut out the model from the original background, add angel wings, add lotus flowers on the stream, and put it together seemlessly. way too much fun ^_^

the one main thing that I've always hated about video game inspired movies is that they usually don't follow the plot of the game (some exceptions). why change something thats good already? but this one really kinda shocked me as to how much like the silent hill series it looks like. except for the main charater not being harry.. it looks perfectly silent hill. REALLY REALLY cant wait for this one. I sure hope they do it right. ^^

yes maam! lol.. I usually come home from work and get on the ol' puter, and try to crank out new photomanips or website material then browse the news on games and such, and now I come here XD

I use Photoshop CS2 for basically everything except for the simpler things which then I switch to Fireworks which is exellent for skinning programs like winamp or RO.. highly recommend both ^_^

Originally posted by Fallen_Angel
    Well...I tried...but I warned you about me being an amateur at photoshop. :(

[Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/Laalaa20/tombraidersignature4.png]

lol aww.. ya I think that looks much better.. one more suggestion that I usually do when the lines are a jaggy is duplicate the layer with lara on it and put the copied one under the original and blur it a bit. sometimes it turns out good sometimes bad.. depends on the situation.

one thing is for certain tho, you are 10 times better than most beginners I've seen. keep it up ^^

ya I've used it before for monkey island.. just just drag the executable or shortcut to tomb raider over the doxbox exe.. seems like I still need the DMA and IRQ stuff for my sound to work still.. any ideas on how to check that? I thouhgt I could find it in my device manager, but nothing so far :/

to be completely honest.. I think it looks a bit too jumbled.

try making it simpler and add a bit of you own spice to it. for example, if I were to make a siggy out of the picture your using, I'd cut the main image of lara out and put it on a seprate layer and find another complementary image for the background or design my own simple patterened background, or just leave it blank and add a title or quote. then possibly mess with the layers to maybe give an angelic touch with multi-layer blur effects or maybe do a bit of color dodge to define the image more or something.

sry if I'm kind of a critic, but I really enjoy art and love to try to give pointers that help others ^_^

Originally posted by Koalah
    I dont think that posting our pictures into the net aint right =S

You never know who may want to make some nasty things with them.

Or use them to pretend that we are them. =Pp

ya I'm not too concerned either.. I mean if someone has to go somewhere else and grab a photo of someone better looking than them.. thats just plain pathetic.. and I dont care if ppl make fun of me.. stick n stones.. ^_~
    people can believe what they wanna believe. doesn't mean its fact.

thanks for your concern tho :3

heya.. after playing through legend I was curious as to how it all started so I got me a copy of Tomb Raider 1.. question is... how do I get it running properly? cause

A] DMA/IRQ ect.. ports .. how do I find them?
    B] all the cutscenes are either a black screen.. or with scanlines...

thanks for any help..

OH.. and is there a way to boost proformance.. like 1024X768 with as high of grpahics as you can go?

Originally posted by Zyk
    u kno it says 99% well my guess (correct me if i wrong cos i not actually at 99% but) after doing all time trials, completing the game on easy,medium and hard , and gettin all the secret medal things, u kno in the manner the gold trail might help to get to the final/ and or gettin all weps, duno relli or could just be all extras u need to unlock to get 100%

its definatly not the secret items because I know I got them all, and getting the pistols/grapple.. ect are all sub missions that have been completed... so.. I'm stumped.. maybe I'll check a walkthrough for the secrets for the manor and go to each place again. maybe that'll clue it in.

Originally posted by Loxy
    the first game I remember playing is war at sea; one of those ancient 1 floppy games.

lmao 3 1/2 inch floppys or something lol./. good times.. used to have a computer that had exactly 2 colors! black and green lol.. and to start it you needed a floppy, to open a program you needed a different floppy, and to play a game you needed another floppy as well lol. I dont think it had a hard drive ;_;

ahh... wierd.. maybe check your objectives in different levels or something. thats all I can really think of lol.

hmmm.. maybe I'll run around and see if I really got everything and see if the medal stats are wrong.

Originally posted by Koalah
    You have a piercing =D*

I love piercing =)*

I have one in my ear, the top part =)*

lol yup yup ^^ I lurf my eyebrow spikies. only problem with em is I get hooked on things sometimes.. but ya! my best frriend has crazy cool industrials.. it was really gross watching her get em but they look great ^_^