Posts by Della

Yes, true, Kurtis. Wasn't Lara disowned in the previous games? I believe I recall her having crashed somewhere, surviving, enjoying the action, and because of her constant wish to adventure, she was disowned. IIRC, that was what it was.

But then again, I can't blame Eidos. Core Design screwed the previous story over with AoD (The controls sucked, the bugs sucked, and the story sucked. They got cocky).

Still, it's pretty detailed.

For some reason, I have only 15/16 Silver Rewards. I'm positive I have everything that's pointed out in TRC's walkthrough, but it says 15/16! I have all of them in the gym, before you ask. Every single one. They're so easy to get. Am I missing something? Do you have to finish the game before it's revealed? I have all the Bronze, and the Gold. Silver has been like this for the past 3 games, and I still can't figure it out!

Thank you! ^^

Originally posted by tombraidergirl
    Cutscenes don't count. Do you see the time running down? No.

They took away from my time. I had about 3 minutes left on Bolivia when Lara paused and remembered her mother's death, and then spoke with Rutland, and then when I had to start running across the bridge, I had 1:46 left on my screem. Luckily, I already cheated and got Excalibur. Hehehehe.

Really? That was the first time trial i did and i got it on my first go (although i forgot to save and ended up having to do it again). It was easy enough and there wasn't the problem of running out of time deep into the level because it was so short. Finishing it gave me one-shot kills which was very handy when i was collecting secrets (I don't cheat in time trials).

I HATE killing Amanda. She and that damn sea serpent are the hardest. See, for the snake, it's not so much the fact that I move slow, it's that SHE moves slow and won't cooperate when I hit 'g', 'q', and then 'e' to put away the guns, throw out the grapple, and pull the switch to drop the cage.

I don't see why this topic should be only girls. My guy friends (and I have a lot of those, believe me) discuss hair, too. Of course, they discuss mohawks and spiked hair...but it's hair nonetheless.

Oh, thanks, Selene! Now to figure out which part is sung... -_-''
    I think I've figured it out, though.

Gaelic is so confusing! My friend has relatives who speak Gaelic...she can only get a few words. I can get only, like, one, and it takes a few moments or so to realize what it means.

Anyways, thanks!

That's weird. I did Japan so easily...after I had my fun of making Skimpydressed!Lara dive off of some rooftops, get squahed with the bike, and get exploded off the edge when I blew up the canister to get to the pole for the roof to get to the bike.

I did Ghana very easily. Then again, I did Nepal, so I could use Excaliber, and two swings or so finish Rutland off. You don't even need to pull down the pillars! Kazak was easy.

ENGLAND was the bugger. I kept quitting (NOT losing) because I felt I didn't have enough time. I just kept redoing it on hard to practice. Then I FINALLY got it. The bloody sea-snake is hard for me because Lara won't target right, or move fast enough when I tried to use the grapple. >.< But that's all moot point now. I finished it. Now all I need to do is REMEMBER to hit the I, II, and III stones. >.>

Bolivia Redux is kinda hard, though. Ok...VERY hard. I still haven't done it, and I'm not about to try it. I don't care for that level much. The Super-Boss levels for me need some jumping and kicking and swiming around before it would lead to the boss. Some build up, some exercise. Killing off Rutland's mercs is NOT my idea of working for the boss. :roll:

Another piece of advice:

Skip all the cutscenes that you can skip! I *think* they take away from the time, which is pretty unfair, but they do.

Alright, I love the theme song. LOVE IT. I adore it, and I got it off of Tombraiderchronicles. It's great, and it's all I ever really listen to.

But it's been a big question in my mind: What is the woman singing? Does anyone know for sure? Or at least what language it's in? Or even who does the singing?

Thanks.

-Della.

I have all the TR games. Every. Single. One. I've played some on the PS, PS2, and I have one for gameboy.

PC always was, is and always will be, THE platform for me. I play most of my games on it, and TR is no different. The Graphics can be enhanced, mods can be added, patches can fix bugs...

PC all the way!

My advice for those who have trouble with time trials:

Train. Seriously. Keep replaying the level (ESPECIALLY on parts where you KNOW you keep dying, like the construction jumping in Japan, the way down in England, the motorbike in Peru, etc). Just replay and replay so you know EXACTLY what you're doing when you're on Time-Trial.

If you don't have all the rewards, don't stop in the middle of a time-trial to get one! It's slowing you down.

Best of all...COMPLETE NEPAL FIRST. It's the easiest, and once you finish it in time-trial mode, you get to unlock the cheat that allows you to use Excaliber, which makes life a lot easier on other levels with enemies. I find that when I'm jumping around near enemies, they tend to shoot me down, or, in cases of panthers or something, "scratch" me down.

Put on some good old TR Classic music. It gets you going like it would on the other games. And wear the Classic clothing EVERYWHERE, even in Nepal and Kazak. It makes it feel a bit more like the old times, so you can get into gaming mode easier.

I completed three time trials in one day just by doing the above without training (Nepal, Bolivia, and Peru) and I'm currently training for England because the Sea Serpent is very hard for me.

Good luck! ^^

Heh, I can't understand much...Dutch, is it? But I have friends who speak dutch, so I can understand those bits.

Thanks, people! ^^ I'm already liking it here.

Oops. My mistake. >.<

Zip and Bryce are both even on my "Sidekick On the Headset" scale. Alister is about two points below, which makes him at 3. Because Bryce and Zip are always number one.

Though some of Zip and Alister's lines ARE a bit cheesy...I still love 'em.

GAH! I love Zip and Alister. I adore them. Their lines really have a chance to make you giggle in England. And despite their constant (well, almost constant) bickering, I have a feeling their as much brothers as Lara is their sister. Alister's a snark. ^^
    I adore the two. I'm VERY glad Crystal Dynamics decided to put them in there. Their inturruptions are not distracting to me at all. In fact, they're a welcome relief. I get creeped out sometimes when I'm all by me onesy in a tomb or cave. With baddies. *shudders*

"[...]whatever the Hell the sword's name was"
    "It's called coincidence."
    "Hmph. Funny name for a sword."

Alister gets really snarky in Lara's mansion:
    "I admire your dedication, Lara, I really do>"
    "Don't be so sarcastic, Alister! It's dishonest."

But Zip tops it all.
    "Spying on your old girlfriends again?"
    "I prefer to call it checking up."

Does anyone else get reminded of Bryce when they listen to Zip? I mean, look at the similarities: Tech geeks, loyal to Lara, both got a gun pointed to their head by the enemy, different accents from Lara's, smart mouths...

Yeah, I just love 'em all. I like the weirdest people sometimes, that I do.

Heheh. I've finally collected every reward in Peru EXCEPT the Gold.

I know what a liana is, but being the dense idiot that I am, I can't quite understand how I'm supposed to climb on it. :stupid:
    I've tried jumping once I got down to the platform, but she just falls straight down. Am I supposed to aim for something?

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Don't laugh at idiots. XP

I have had two teachers who were both great teachers. One was into her 60s, and the other is in her late 40s, or early- to mid-50's. Both look years younger simply because they're so upbeat and they've got such explosive, wonderful personalities. I can certainly believe that Lara is in her mid- to late- 30's. Her spirit is still young! ^^ Besides, Ctuchik is right. 1996 to 2006 is 10 years, and if they're trying to keep it in the same 5 years...
    If she started adventuring at about 23-25, she's 33-35 or 28-30

I don't even see why 35 and up is considered old!

eek! I seem to be one of the few that chose the Kazak level as my favorite! But to be honest, it's tied with England and Japan, and even Peru.

Kazak because it was so easy and fun. I got a good laugh when Lara burst in to meet the two Kazaks. I had subtitles off for that level, so when they spoke to each other in Russian, I could understand almost everything, even if they were speaking a bit quickly. I got a bigger laugh when Lara answered "Thank you. Wish me luck." And besides, I love riding the bike on long paths. And it's especially funny if you happen to miss the interactive cutscene. Ah, the many ways for Lara to die! (The girl is damn flexible when she's dead)

Japan because...well...it's Japan! I've always wanted to be in Japan. And if I can't be there, then Lara will be in my place! It was fun getting rid of Takamoto, and riding the bike off to his building. They say he has an army of those guys, but...it was just easy!

Peru because, even though I began hating the part when you get ambushed by like three trucks, I soon began to have a laugh and love it. Because I began winning! I was all "[haha] you stupid Mercs! Die! *throws grenade*" HA! I WIN!". Then there was also the bike part again. and I liked seeing Lara in her classic outfit again, if only for five minutes.

England because it was, quote Zip, "Shock Therapy for Alister". I was so happy! And they got good snap lines at one another. The only thing was that the Snake monster has NOTHING to do with King Arthur or the underground Cathedral. I didn't even like fighting the damn thing. It was just the lines that got me and the ease of it. Obviously, I like easy.

Heh. But Kazak tops them all.

Heya! I'm Della (The nickname's got history, and believe me, you don't wanna know it) and I'm a Tomb Raider freak just like you people are! Sure, maybe I may have used a cheat or two, but I'm just as Raiderish as anyone! :P Anyways, I was born in Bulgaria, I'm living in the US, and I've played Tomb Raider (with my dad, at first. Father-daughter bonding time is best with TR!) since I was 8 or 9. I used to get nightmares from that statue person thing based on the goddess Shiva (was it Shiva?) in the India levels from TR3. TR3 was my first TR game, and it still remains my favorite today, though it's tied with Revelations and Chronicles.

So far, in Legend, I haven't died once by the gun of a merc, the paw of a Jaguar, or the powers of Amanda, Takmoto, Rutland, or Amanda's creature, so I'm proud to say that. (Though that doesn't mean I haven't died by diving, drowing, falling, or an 'unfortunate mishap', much thanks to the Interactive Cutscenes)

(Un)Lucky you! You're stuck with me now!

See you folks around!

Ooo! I've finally found it! Yeshhh! Hi people.

Well, I'm replaying Legend, this time at an attempt to collect every single reward possible in each level. That means all gold, all silver, and all bronze (duh. I'm stating the obvious). As much as I don't like the entire 'earn ourfits' thing, it just gives me an excuse to re-play TRL (even though it's not the best TR game).

Now, on to my problem. I've figured out how to get the gold on Bolivia (thanks tombraidergirl!) but now that I'm trying to figure out how to get up on the other side, the chain isn't up far enough in order for me to climb it, so I can't face the wall, jump, catch, shimmy, go up, use the other chain to get across, drop, yadda yadda yadda. Is there something wrong, or am I being a dense idiot (as usual)?

Thanks!

EDIT: Ooo Crud! I just figured out what I did wrong! It was supposed to be on the second row, not the first! gah! I'm an idiot! Sorry!