Posts by English Raider

Well I'm in Damocles room at the minute. I got up to the top (above the key bit) and jumped over to lever and pulled it and then discovered there is an artefact just further along to the left. I can't get it though because there are spikes there. Should I have collected it before I pulled the lever! And I keep getting past the up-down swords out of the floor bit and then one drops on my head and I have to start again from the key bit!! :-o This might take a while . . . . .

P.S. I know I haven't got far since last post but am currently trying to quit smoking (4 days so far) and as I usually sit on my PS2 and smoke like a chimney I have tried to avoid it while I'm having cravings. I hope it gets easier to quit though because I do miss playing TRA. And I'm falling even further behind!!! :cry:

I can't stand people who victimise helpless animals now, not that I didn't before but after Buzz & Woody I just feel you have to be a really low, pathetic excuse for a human being to be able to harm an animal and live with yourself. We live in a much nicer neighbourhood now and there is a big park just round the corner so there are a lot of dog owners and animal lovers around which makes it much safer for strays. If we find a cat in our garden we coax it in with some milk and check to see if the owner has put some I.D. on the collar, if they haven't we take it to the RSPCA centre round the corner or to Battersea if we're going that way. We don't bloody poison it for being a bit curious or lost!!!

I can speak and write in English (obviously) and I have learned a little Italian over the last year. Only enough to order tickets, ask where the toilets are etc. like holiday talk. I couldn't hold a conversation in Italian at all!!

Yeah that was real lucky for the hamster to not even break a bone!! Where in South Africa are you? My friend has relatives living there near Johannesburg somewhere I think, and another of my friends lived there for about 5 years during his childhood. It's always interesting hearing him speak about it!! I love learning about the differences and similarities varied cultures have.

Yeah I loved that episode where they were making limosines to take stars to some awards (the brits or something) I just remember one snapped in half and one broke down. And one had an Italian theme??? It was so funny. :rofl

I'd like to see a 'gun room' added to Croft Manor. Maybe it wouldn't be open straight away but you'd have to do something to unlock it. Then as you play through the game and collect the guns, they appear in Croft Manor as a collection. Maybe if you collect all of them a target range unlocks??? (If anyone has played Hitman they'll understand the concept)
    I'd also like to see a larger range of weapons like in earlier TR's. Remember the grenade launcher and how much fun it was blowing enemies up? These new TR's are very mild on the violence!!!

At the time we just thought it had been dragged through some grit or something and he ate it so it musn't have tasted bad. He was fine after eating it and went back out in the garden and was basking in the sun on a rock (something he normally did) but when my mum went out to get him he didn't move and was rock hard. We only realised afterwards it must've been the stuff on the ham! When my dad found Woody in the morning he was rock hard aswell, but my dad didn't want us finding him and getting upset (I was about 11 at the time) so he hid him uder a hedge until he got home and told my mum. We had a little funeral and buried them in the garden and moved house about a month later. I think if my mum had confronted the neighbour about it she would've ended up killing her! And she never knocked at our door after then.

Yeah it was our next door neighbour in our previous house. It was this older woman who was really manic about her garden, it always looked perfect. So when our cats came along and did their . . business . . in her garden she wasn't pleased. She used to knock at our door and complain to my mum that her lawn grass was dying cos of our cats wee! What could we do for gods sake?? They were cats!!! So anyway one day buzz came through the cat flap with this half eaten bit of sandwich ham in his mouth and all powder stuff on it! He died about an hour later and Woody was found dead by my dad earlier that morning going out to work (he hadn't told us). My mum thought it was like rat poison arsenic powder or something but we couldn't proove it was her. but it was!!

Sorry about the essay guys. Needed to tell the full story!!

Yeah we only have one at the minute! We aren't a zoo!!! These are just pets we have had in the past and who are now in animal heaven (as I tell my little brother).

You guys are so helpful! I really felt a bit awkward asking cos I know it's such a stupid little thing! My little brother will start playing once I have completed (he likes to choose from the outfits etc.) so you have really helped me out! It's a lot easier copying and pasting replies than having to stop everytime one comes up in the game and write it down! (my room is not the best of places to store paperwork either - it usually ends up with coffee and cigarette ash all over it! Much easier to save and print when needed!)

You are all valuable assets to the whole forum and offer great help along with TRG!

Keep up the good work! It's really appreciated!

At the moment we only have a dog, Terry (he's my mums pet) but in the past we have had:
    -Luther (my mum's tortoise)
    -Casper (my little brothers snake)
    -Jasper (my little brother's other snake)
    -Iggy (my aunties iguana - he got too big and a bit nasty)
    -Bubble and squeak (the family guinea pigs)
    -Buzz and Woody (our cats who were poisened by our evil next door neighbour - named after the 'toy story' characters!)
    -Tango (the goldfish)
    -Georgina, Dibley, Nibbles and Chocs (mine and my little sisters hamsters over the years)

The next one I want to get is a little gecko, but only after I've bought my PS3 first!!!

Obi-Wan

Yeah Jeremy Clarkson is hilarious! He's so good on top gear and is so witty about everything. He always makes me laugh! I didn't know he wrote aswell though. Where can I find some of his stuff?

Thankyou Amanda & Chakkie! I think I'll need it!
    I started last night on St. Francis Folly and am up to the big chamber/room with all the doors with Greek gods' names on. I did the Poseidon room ok and then opened the damocles and alias(?) doors and now I just have to get to the damn doors!. . .

And the thought of the time trial is haunting me already! I'm having visions of gong to hospital because I have no thumbs left! :weird:

Oh my God! I didn't even notice that. And I was playing the damn level for nearly a whole week! Still managed to beat the TT though!

I always do things the hard way! :(

Well done for spotting it Lara Raider!

I loved the TRII theme. It was my first ever TR experience and I played it over and over while waiting for number III to come out! I can still remember it now I got so used to it!!