Posts by The Poet

This section is filled with individual threads for showing signatures. I decided to make a one thread for it. :-) Remember when commenting: no bashing and trolling at other members or their work! And this thread is merely for showing your own work (which means no copying), let's keep this also request-free (at least for now)... You can also post your self-made wallpapers and photoshop experiments here. ;-)

Without further ado:
    Show off your creative signatures, avatars, banners, the like here! :D

Slightly off topic: *throws hand up in the air* Here, Here, I know, I know.
    The joke here is a bit too far fetched to get it right away. Would have been funny, otherwise.
    There is this old saying that you should not go swimming for (in this case:) at least an hour when you've eaten. So she can go swimming with her PDA, as it is waterproof, but not when she eats it, because it's bad for the tummy.

Thanks for explaining. And indeed, a bit too far fetched. [hehe]

Tomb Raider Chronicles: The cut scene where a mid-teen Lara ALMOST takes her top off. The scene was just soooo awkward and clunky that it was laughable.

Yep, I agree with you on that one.
    Another thing that came to my mind is Kurtis' animation in general in TRAoD, he maneuvers like a tank, which gave me a few good laughs! Occasionally, though, instead of making you laugh, it makes you want to cry...

Well, these are the ones I can think of at the moment:

• Zip's attitude and the way he was like a true sidekick in Chronicles. His comments and dialogue...
    • And this second one is about Zip too. In Legend, the dialogue about the PDA device, how it wouldn't work if Lara ate it or something. I was like "Whaat?! Why would she do so?" I still wonder what's it about...
    • A bug in Thailand, TRU: one of the Nagas was upside-down!
    • A bug in The Last Revelation: I had saved it in a spot where Lara was sitting in her jeep. But when loaded it, the jeep was sort of under the 'floor' of the level. Well, I got the jeep out, but Lara was nowhere. So I keep driving the jeep, without Lara (I can hear her grunts and she takes damage while hitting walls, etc.), the steering wheel just keeps turning alone.

:rofl

I'm having problems in registering to WikiRaider too. After clicking the register link under the section "Working on wikiraider.com", I'll end up to this page, and I'm not sure how to continue... :huh And cookies are enabled.

It does say "Log in /create account" in the top bar of the window (don't know what it's called, where it also says the browser you use, the page where you are etc.), but if I type an Username and Password there and click "Log in", a red box appears saying

Login error
    There is no user by the name [insert username here]. Check your spelling.

But I don't see any other options there than doing that... Is the registration locked down?

I'd like to see some gameplay material about the another level that was shown behind closed doors. It'd show more platforming and such. Seeing more of Lara's animations, maybe some combat too, would be so great! :-)
    Maybe Crystal Dynamics/Game Informer or someone else releases some footage later... :chin

There's a slightly longer version of the cave gameplay demo, which can be viewed here. It shows some things that weren't in the first gameplay video, such as more burnable obstacles and Quick Time Events.

Raiding at day. :sun: For example Thailand in TRU was so nice, felt like I was on a jolly little adventure! :-) Imagine that at night time, totally different atmosphere: creepy, scary, those Nagas hissing around, tigers growling and the tiny spiders...

The motorbike with the sidecar in TR4 or the motorbike in Legend?

Good ol' Rollingball! :D The feeling when you hear the noise and the rumbling, and you realize too late the place you were supposed to go... That has happened to me way too many times. :rofl
    A shark chasing you around in the water or the Sea Hag? :shark

Thank you for the hint. :-) That gameplay video of the first Uncharted looks awesome too. I just love the numerous ways to take cover from bullets and that you actually have to occasionally look for the enemy to see where on Earth do those bullets come from.

If Naughty Dog someday decides to give Nathan Drake a fedora, then BAM! You've got Indiana Jones (without the whip). [hehe]