Posts by Neilcroy

hi kids, :grins

"Klink! Vat is dis man doink here?!" sorry, couldn't resist a little HOGAN'S HEROS. anyway, as we know there is a third
    TOMB RAIDER film in the works and it's supposed to be a "reboot". I also read the story is supposed to be based on
    UNDERWORLD. there is no confirmation as to whether Angelina Jolie will be back as Lara Croft so this site
    www.ropeofsilicon.com compiled a list of the top 10 actresses to replace Angie if Warner Brothers don't hire her
    back. here is the list. some you might agree with, some you may not. feel free to comment. the site if anyone is
    interested:

www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/top-10-actresses-to-replace-angelina-jolie-as-lara-croft-tomb-raider

TOP 10 ACTRESSES TO REPLACE ANGELINA JOLIE IN TR3

10. Nikki Reed (TWILIGHT)

9. Anne Hathaway (PRINCESS DIARIES, GET SMART)-too cute and slight

8. Emily Blunt (THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA)-possiblity

7. Jessical Biel-maybe. definite has the kickass part down.

6. Sienna Miller-definite possiblity

5. Megan Fox-subject of serious controversy on www.tombraiderforum.com. should she be Lara or not?

4. Rosario Dawson (ENTERPRISE, RENT, GRINDHOUSE)-not sure if I feel this one

3. Summer Glau (FIREFLY, SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES)-this would work, plus she did a great Cockney on FIREFLY

2. Kate Beckinsale-yes! this is a serious possiblity

1. Rhona Mitra-overwhelming fave, plus she was a Lara model back in 1998 or so, so she's familiar with the game

so, anyone here like the list? are there names that should be on there (or names that should be removed)? this is just
    speculation. we obviously won't know til the movie actually comes out or until we know for certain who's Lara. well,
    enjoy the list and all comments are welcome. :sun:

hey all, :grins

I am looking through the threads in this section and I am seeing some GRADE A KICKASS STUFF! :grins the artists
    should be proud of themselves. :applaud I am writing stories in the fiction section, starting with my first "FED UP".
    basically, it's about Lara getting fed up with this gamer killing her so she gives him a piece of her mind. feel
    free to read and comment. I am also wondering if anyone would be interested in doing some artwork for my
    fiction. I would be honored and I would be open to whatever interpretation the artist would have in mind. I
    look forward to seeing some great works. again if anyone is interested, jump in. peace. 8-)

hey Redhell, :wave2:

that's fine with me. of course we have a similiar rating system in America:

G-okay for all
    PG-okay for all, but some supervision
    PG-13-okay for teens 13 on up
    R-restricted, no one under 17 allowed without adult supervision
    X/A-adults only

according to the American rating system, I would guess this scores about a PG-13. thank you and Cat again for
    the suggestion. :grins

FED UP by Neil Burns aka Neilcroft

(as requested by Lady Redhell. Your wish is my command. :wave: :sun: )

"Sorry, Lara," Derek Grant laughed as the Tyrannosaurus Rex ate the unfortunate tomb raider.

Actually, he was not sorry at all. Derek owned every single TR game that had come out and played them to the point
    where he could clear every level with his eyes closed. However, he enjoyed "killing" Lara. So far, the unfortunate
    raider had been shot, crushed, eaten, impaled, and drowned among other things. Derek had also gone through a
    very nasty breakup with his ex-girlfriend, so Lara was the perfect foil. 'After all,' he thought, 'it's not like she's alive
    or has any feelings'.

RIIIIINNG! RIIIIING! The kitchen telephone shook Derek out of his reverie.

"Well, that must be the pizza.' He saved the game and turned off the XBOX and television set. "Night, Lara. I'll see
    you tommorrow."

As he left, Derek failed to notice the television set turn back on, followed by the XBOX. If so, he would have seen a very
    pissed off tomb raider walk to the screen and glare murderously out. The next day, Derek came home from work and
    turned on the TV to the E! Channel where "GIRLS NEXT DOOR" was on. In the episode, Hef and his ladies, Holly, Bridget
    and Kendra, were planning a 1930's Murder Mystery Party. 'Always brings a smile to my face.'

"Hello, Derek Grant," The voice was a very familiar posh-accented alto.

Derek turned around and saw a very familiar figure, dressed in a very familiar black tanktop and shorts with black hiking
    boots, leaning against the wall with her arms folded. Her chestnut hair was tied back in a very familiar French braid and
    her narrowed chocolate eyes were set in features that formed a mask of controlled fury, save for a blood-dripping smile.

"Lara!" Derek exclaimed. "How--What--How are you here?! WHY are you here?"

"You know what they say about fictional characters taking on a life of their own," the tomb raider coolly replied, "As to
    why I'm here, I'm afraid I have a bone to pick with you."

"Which is?" Derek, though, had an inkling what it might be. Lara glanced at the TV and snorted in disgust.

"You know, I fail to see the appeal of an octogenerian pervert with his trio of empty-headed trollops. The only thing they
    have going for them are their overly-large bosoms."

"Hello, Pot," Derek snorted, gesturing to Lara's own considerable assets, "meet Kettle."

"Right. I'm here because I am getting a little fed up with being 'killed' all the time. The first few times I understand. I
    even forgive them. Either you were a novice or you were getting the hang of each new gaming system. But, day
    after day. Week after week. Month after month. Year after BLOODY YEAR! I have had it up to HERE!"

Lara raised her hand above her head to emphasize the point. Derek was still not convinced that a computer game
    character was standing in the room with him.

"How could you?" he asked. "No offense, but you're a computer game character. You're not real."

Suddenly, Lara visciously grabbed his arm and savagely pinched it. Derek winced from the pain.

"Is that real?" the raider growled. She then slapped the gamer and jammed one of her guns against his head.
    Derek suddenly felt his pants dampen. "Is THAT real?!"

"Christ, lady! It's just a fucking game! It's nothing personal!"

"NOTHING PERSONAL!" Lara shrieked, slapping him harder. "NOTHING PERSONAL! DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME IT'S
    NOTHING PERSONAL! Just because you break up with your bird. Just because you have a shitty day at work. Just
    because your whole useless life is a bloody pig's breakfast! I have to suffer for it! I have to be the foil! I put up with
    this shit for TEN BLOODY FUCKING YEARS! I HAVE HAD IT!!"

Derek walked over to the tomb raider and sympathetically embraced her, still shocked that a digitally-created woman
    could feel so soft and warm. However, he fought a smile.

"Look, Lara," He smiled soothingly. "It's not like I just woke up one day and said, 'I know. Let's kill Lara! The folks
    at EIDOS do that. They shoot the scenes with Allison Caroll or whoever else is playing you."

"Maybe," Lara gently slid out of Derek's embrace, "but most players try to keep me alive and get me through the
    levels. They don't try to kill me on purpose."

"If it's any consolation, one of the EIDOS guys, Beard, admits to liking to 'killing' you as well."

"I already had a chat with him. It's you I wanted to talk to. Now I said I was fed up with being treated so shoddily.
    So, either apologize and promise me you'll give me a fighting chance or you WILL suffer."

Suddenly, Derek found himself in a tropical forest surrounded by raptors. The lizards paid no attention as they raced
    past him, trying to avoid a giant oncoming Tyrannosaurus Rex.

"OH, SHIT!!" Derek turned and began sprinting toward the temple in the distance. "You BITCH! What the fuck are you
    doing?!"

"I wanted to see how you would handle this," Lara smiled sweetly. "Dear me, he looks hungry. I suggest you start firing
    those guns you have."

"For God's sake! It's only a FUCKING GAME!"

"Exactly. Whether you die or not, is of no consequence. I can simply reset the game."

Derek frantically avoided being stomped on or swallowed up on his way to the temple which neared rapidly. The fact that
    a certain tomb raider was laughing cruelly did not help matters.

"You're supposed to shoot it. Not run away. Dear me, Rex looks hungry."

Whatever retort Derek had died as again he avoided being nearly swallowed whole. He mentally thanked God that the
    temple was in reach now and that he was his high school's sprinting and long distance champion for a reason.

"Are we having fun yet?" Lara sung sweetly. "Poor wittle baby doesn't wike the game now, does he?"

"FUCK YOU!"

Derek finally sprinted inside the temple just as the T-Rex's head crashed into the entrance, bringing down a good portion
    of the structure on it's head, killing it instantly. Derek sat in the corner, giving silent thanks and pissing himself for the
    second time in a half hour. Finally, he looked out of the screen.

"I was wrong."

"I'm sorry," Lara replied. "What was that?"

"I apologize for killing you for no reason and thinking you only a character with no feelings."

Derek found himself back in the living room. He immediately dropped to the floor and began kissing it in gratitude.
    Lara watched this with a mixture of amusement and sympathy. When he got up, she placed a gentle fingerless-gloved
    hand on his cheek.

"Now you know how I feel," she softly purred. "If I die, I die. It goes with the occupation. Just try to give me a chance to
    make it through each level, okay?"

"Fine," Derek smiled. "Of course, you nearly walk off the edge of a cliff or nearly fall when I do try and save you. But
    I promise to be nicer to you."

Lara kissed his cheek and left. As Derek touched his cheek, he wondered if he actually did see a computer game
    character come to life in his living room or whether he simply dreamed it. Shrugging, he turned off the television and
    lay down on the couch for a pre-dinner nap.

THE END

Ta-daa! :grins First story by yours truly here. We like? All comments welcome and more are on the way. :thumbsup

hey kids, :wave2:

I have a few ideas as possible stories and I'm curious as to how they may fly. here they are
    and feel free to say whether or not they stink:

1. Zip's grandmother invite he, Lara, Winston and Terry Sheridan to stay with her in Atlanta
    and they stop in Hazard County and meet Lara's "country cousin". :grins

2. a friend of Lara's father is murdered in Miami and the CSI crew investigate and Lara has the
    pleasure :rolleyes: of meeting the ever-so-suave, ever-so-cool Horatio Caine. :rofl

3. Lara's lawyer J. R. Hogg is screwing people out of their homes and the Leverage team pretends
    to be Amelia Croft returned from Avalon as well as a long lost cousin to get even. :grins

4. Lara gets fed up with a gamer continually "killing" her and decides to give him a piece of her mind.

5. Lara is betrayed and left to die in the Temple of Horus (AU TR4) but survives in an underground city,
    ala HP Lovecraft and Zealia Bishop's "The Mound". she trains for five years and uses one of Natla's clones
    to help her get revenge on those responsible.

we like or not? comments are welcome. so don't be shy. ;)

hey all, :wave2:

I have the game guide to TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD and saw the game on YOUTUBE and a very
    humorous idea struck me while watching Lara and Natla have their little tet-e-tet on the cargo
    ship. since the game is called UNDERWORLD, why not have Eidos or whoever made a scene where
    Amanda and several Lara clones do a can can ala Jacques Offenbach's ORPHEUS IN THE UNDERWORLD?
    :rolleyes: :rofl we like or not? all comments are welcome. ;-)

hey Croftites, :wave2:

how are we? the name is Neil Burns, aka Neilcroy, and I'm a 39-year-old mail clerk for a carpenters union from
    the lovely town of Lynnfield, MA USA. I like writing, photography, reading, theater, anime and sci-fi. I've liked
    Lara on and off for a while now and I look forward to contributing. so, as Ron Burgunday says: "Stay classy,
    Croftites. :rolleyes: ;-)