FF Competition 2004 - Questions

• What does this mean?:
    Plagiaristic submissions STRICTLY FORBIDDEN! Such submissions will be deleted and member will be disqualified for 3 (three) competitions which will be held in future, including the current one;
    It was in your main website TRG and i was reading the rules ect so i could rate it and so on. Please tell me what this means thanks

• Hi to everyone!!
    I wanted to do a question:
    I'm an italian boy of fifteen years old and I'm really interested in this competition, but I wanted to know:
    do you axept only english stories or also italian? Anyway, if it's only english I will manage ;)
    Bye and please respond :)

• Only english I'm afraid, most of us, if not all do not speak italian so we wouldn't have any judges. Don't be afraid, there are a lot not english people who will participate.

(Another tip: If you have Microsoft Word, you can use the grammar check on your story, really helpful in my eyes.)

• Ah and I must ask also an over important thing!
    I am workind on a TR story, but it will be a trilogy, so just part 1 will partecipate at the competition... Is that all right or U just axept full stories?
    pleaseeeeeee say it's all right... :(

• That depends, if still has it's own story, a bit like in Star Wars, that should be alright. It has to has a proper ending of one kind or another and not leave everything open, a few open questions are fine.

• i speak a little italin but a very little. infact its just hello goodnight and how many brothers and sisters do you have? and i have 1 brother but no sisters and i can count to 20. but thats it. :roll:

Original von tombraidergirl

That depends, if still has it's own story, a bit like in Star Wars, that should be alright. It has to has a proper ending of one kind or another and not leave everything open, a few open questions are fine.

My story kinda has an ending like the games do. Would that be alright?

• Coming late to the party...

Not to display my ignorance of the Tomb Raider fanfic community (I normally write BtVS fan fiction ) but I have several questions that I don't see answered in the contest rules or here. (It's possible I just missed them.)

[list] - What's the definition of Published ? Posted to a fan fiction archive/forum/newsgroup or in a fanzine or appeared somewhere on the Internet ? (Why? I keep rough drafts of unfinished fics on my blog and update them as I work on them - I don't consider that to be published. But what do the contest rules say about that?)[/list:u]

[list] - For purposes of the contest - how long is a page in words? (For those of us who use old fashioned text editors that don't give us a page count and go by word count.)[/list:u]

[list] - Are crossovers (with other fandoms) allowed?[/list:u]

[list] - Are alternate universe stories allowed? Or is it canon only? [/list:u]

[list] - Are character pieces allowed or does it have to be straight action?[/list:u]

-Andy-

Original von acs

I keep rough drafts of unfinished fics on my blog and update them as I work on them - I don't consider that to be published. But what do the contest rules say about that?

Don't expect us to include such a tiny detail to the rules. If it's just bits and pieces that you shared with some friends you should be alright.

If it's somewhere on the internet or in a magazine, that's obviously published.

Original von acs

For purposes of the contest - how long is a page in words? (For those of us who use old fashioned text editors that don't give us a page count and go by word count.)

Don't tell me you cannot make a guess how long it approximately is. But we can add a wordcount if you are happier that way.

Original von acs

Are crossovers (with other fandoms) allowed?

Yes, that's what I am doing... As long as Lara (or Kurtis Trent) is in it.

Original von acs

Are alternate universe stories allowed? Or is it canon only?

Again if it has Lara in it.

Original von acs

Are character pieces allowed or does it have to be straight action?

I am not sure what you mean by character pieces.

• Since a blog is by definition on the internet I take it that your definition of published includes anything that appears there. Or in a Livejournal. Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks. :) (Yes. I could guess but since I don't know what font size or line length or number of lines per page you consider a page or what Word processor you use as your page length benchmark - word count works much better.)

Great :D.

Original von tombraidergirl

I am not sure what you mean by character pieces.

A story where the focus is on the character and their emotions and not a non-stop series of action sequences. Where the action is only a minor aspect of the story.

Thanks for the quick answers. :D Now I need to get writing :)... Hmmm...

-Andy-

• Hey, what you write in your story is up to you. If you like action, you should write about that, if you like romance, write about romance. I always try to have a bit of everything.