Boaz Returns

• What is the deal w/ Boaz? I'm going to throw my PS2 out the window. I am aware that i need to shoot her four wings where the green goo is meanwhile coming at me like a chain cannon, but after disabling the first two wings, good old Kurtis (whose disc weapon seems to be only for use in cutscenes, by the way) keeps pumping lead into the same place. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MANUALLY AIM? The manual says you can do it in stealth mode w/ your weapon drawn, but, alas, every time i try to draw my weapon in stealth mode, it kicks back into auto-targeting, and if i try to enter stealth mode w/ the weapon drawn, lo and behold he holsters it and crouches then usually takes a crushing blow from the spider. PLEASE HELP! :ouch:

• ive been told that the manual aim is the Square button... but i cannot confirm this as i am not there yet.... sorry, wish i could help more...

• I have been fighting her for hours now.. same deal.. i've cut of the wings and no you can't go into stealth and draw your weapon.. and square button is to roll.. manual aim doesn't work... :(

hopefully someone will figure this out and we are just missing something.. or this is the "bug" to end all bugs..

• I cant even get 2 things shot out, i shoot one and then thats all he aims at. either that or her leggs which dont help at all. ARG! i hate this!

• I have to say that I am 'that close' to taking the game back at the moment! This Boaz boss is driving me up the wall for the following reasons:

1. I've barely got any ammo (18 bullets...that's it!). Now when Kurtis does run out of ammo, a clip appears on the floor... but you try finding an item that small on an area that big (and Boaz doesn't exactly give you the opportunity to pick it up).

2. Kurtis just DOE'S NOT MOVE QUICK ENOUGH! I'm constantly fighting with the control pad to get him to move (he seems intent on walking!). And as soon as you pull out your gun and point it at Boaz, you're stuck. It seems virtually impossible to avoid it's lunges. I've tried somersaulting sideways out of the way (and old Tomb Raiding favourite), but by the time he's recovered from the landing you're no better off.

3. When you do shoot Boaz, Kurtis seems to only target the front and legs. There doesn't seem to be any way of changing the area of Boaz that he targets.

Any hints and suggestions for ways to kill this boss will be greatly appreciated, because after spending hours getting killed, my patience with it has well and truly worn out.

• I'm dealing with Boaz too. But I think you'll just have to keep shooting her. I''ve been shooting her for a long time and she's turning darker green and she's beginning to sound like a dinosaur is being killed, or something. I hope that's good.

Werner

• I am going to give up on the rest of this game if I can't beat Boaz after tonight. Curtis is so clumsy, most he doesn't aim, and when he does aim he all of a sudden has to run up into her face because the POV has made him change directions. I want out of this level! I've never given up on any Tombraider game before, but this one ... this level isn't difficult ... it's pointless.

• Kurtis is so slow and clumsy, I'm starting to root for the spider. Curtis is a zero, and the designer in charge of this portion of TR AOD should go back to the drawingboard. I have been hammering through this section for 6 hours now, and if I can't find the secret for getting out of here or a cheat on another site ... this game's history. Just wanted to let ya'll know ... I've officially HAD IT with Boaz and Curtis.

• I am eagerly waiting for a reply to any of the postings about this impossible wench! I've been stuck in TR games before but never been this frustrated. Please, someone come and save the day for us!

• First, draw your gun and face Boaz. You must get her to attack you head-on in order to get her into the mode where she rocks from side-to-side and shoots balls of green slime out of holes in her sides. These four holes (2 per side) are covered by "lids" and these lids are your targets.
    The idea is not to shoot her in the face or to shoot directly into the exposed holes (both of which give you a satisfying splash of green blood), because this won't kill her.
    You will be able to break the first two lids fairly easily because Kurtis will aim at them. The second two (the back ones) are harder because he keeps aiming at the front ones (or her legs, or the walls, or anything else in the room).
    The secret is the button with the Orange Square on it (PS2). Once the first two lids are broken, tap that square button while firing to force Kurtis to re-target. He will then shoot at the rear "lids" and break them.
    Once all four are broken, she dies (the first time).
    You should have no trouble finishing the level after that.
    Good Luck!!! :lol:

• I was a bit too early with my reaction. I just tried it, but Kurtis wont aim at the two lids. And with the ''switch target'' button, he won't either. I have the game for the computer and not for the playstation 2. But I don't think that will make a difference. Now I'll just wait for a cheatcode, or something. Cause I'm fed up.

Werner

• :ouch: yes that does work but you end up with so little life and ammo that how do you go on to kill the fly boaz turns into?

• YOU IN THE MENU YOU SEE A NUMBER "18" WHEN YOU CHOOSE YOUR AMMO THIS NUBER IS FOR THE CLIPS YOU´VE GOT BESIDES YOU CAN GRAB MORE AMMO

• Werner ... I've been there buddy ... I wanted to throw my PS2 out the window right behind the game. Sorry the re-target doesn't work for you. To Ian: I never ran out of ammo when I was playing Kurtis. I even stood with my back to the wall, shooting ... for an hour ... I swear to you! and never ran out of ammo. Just keep shooting. He'll shoot ... won't he? Don't forget the clip on the floor, fly lady was easy to kill.

• The book says the switch target button is triangle but it only works if you use the square. After killing the spider form of Boaz shoot the flyiong form while moving side to side. The flying form is simple compared to the first form.

• ahhh the square button worked... two days worth of work solved in 10 seconds

thanks.. now I can finshin this freakin game..

rock on

The Deacon
    Rich

• Okay, hopefully, I can get better details out of one of you that has managed to kill Boaz. Once you get the back-and-forth sequence out of her by coming straight on, she sways back-n-forth about 5-6 times, then she pauses. If you hit her FACE four times, she won't attack and will continue with the back-n-forth motion. As long as you hit her face four times at every pause, she will not harm you and will continue to sway...ad nauseum.

So...when exactly should one try to hit the (front) flaps? During the back-n-forth motion? Tried that many times. During the pause? How? Shuffle to the side? Then how do you prevent the attack? Is the frontal back-n-forth attack not the right way...contrary to a previous post?

Exactly when is the best time to try shooting the flaps?
    I have noticed that you can circle around her...around and around and around. Is this the time to shoot those flaps?

I know I've hit the flaps once or twice because the big, ugly mouth flinches to one side, but I can't seem to see a pattern. There seems to be no logic. You'd think that hitting her in the face a hundred times would cause major damage, but NO!

This is the stupidest part of this game...well, that and having to re-load the scene you just were in.

A play-by-play, shoot-by-shoot attack sequence to kill Boaz would be greatly appreciated!

-rick