Boaz Returns

• This should work, yes, but a tip for everyone: Take it easy on Kurtis' other levels! The reason you run out of ammo is because you probably use more bullets than you need to. I tried to save my ammo first time because I had a funny feeling something like this would come up. I managed with plenty of ammo left and in only 1 day, too (I'm not trying to show off). Use the above now, and just save ammo next time.

P.S. Jimisue? According to someone in another topic, Kurtis is in the next game. And HE'S NOT A BUMBLING FOOL!!! You just compared him with Lara! He's actually brilliant! If not in movement, then in general character.

• I have tried for many hours to get past Boaz but with little success and no doubt would be able to if I spent enough time. But I dont have a spare week or two for Kurtis and Boaz and there are more games I'd like to play. I can understand how some people have felt a desire to throw their machines out of the window in frustration. Lame slow Kurtis is a poor replacement for go get 'em Lara.

On a more general point I find it a little difficult to understand why the characters in AoD should have been programmed to keep trying to fire an empty or unloaded gun and in effect throw themselves into the path of the target despite the users efforts to move them in a different direction.With TR AoD You have to reholster the weapon to enable freedom of movement. This does not make for good gameplay especially since every split second can count sometimes. Together with crippled Kurtis this all has made The Return of Boaz a pain in the a$$ to complete

So unless anyone has a save ( for Mac) that gets me past this scene its goodbye to Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness.

I thoroughly enjoyed AoD except for two particular areas. The first was the 'red ghost' which was difficult ......but not impossible following some excellent advice.The second was, as mentioned, the Return of Boaz which will possibly become a infamous part of the history of Tomb Raider game design. Kurtis as a character in the gameplay becomes a major liability in the scene with Boaz and I personally would have welcomed a patch or option that would have eliminated him from the game at an early stage and replace him with the wonderful Lara for those important fight scenes.
    Its a little disappointing to leave a game unfinished but I cant get all the re-targeting stuff done for Boaz and its quickly become an unexciting and frustrating chore that goes way beyond gaming enjoyment. It reminds me a little of the very final scene in Return to Castle Wolfenstein where the final Boss takes a lot of time to defeat. But the beauty of that one was that it was the FINAL scene and it really wasnt important to complete it as in effect the game was over bar the final gasp.

Help I'm stuck and Kurtis is DEAD ! :)

Long Live Lara.

• Sorry, no Mac Saves here. I will have a look around, maybe I find one or maybe someone else has one. I will also ask in the technical Probs/Savegame Forum...

I understand your frustration. I felt the same. I mean Kurtis as a character in the story is.. well ok (althoug he starts to annoy me) but as playable character he is really horrible. Too slow and also too weak. Maybe I am playing too much fighting games, but I walso think that Lara is quicker finishing people in hand to hand combat than Kurtis is. And I had to use this option a couple of times to have at least some ammo for the Proto dog thingy.

I take it you have read all the tips... I know even with them it will take a very long time to solve. Sorry that it ends for you like this.

Ah one other thing: Have you kept some of your saves? Maybe of important parts (like after the red ghost...). Then it would be great if you could send them to me and I could offer them for those who will follow you.

Lame slow Kurtis is a poor replacement for go get 'em Lara.

Kurtis wasn't that bad. When controlling him he wasn't too great, but his concept really is very good. If they clean up his gameplay, he'll be great.
    :kurtis: :kurtis:
    Spoiler below (highlight to see)
    I hope he's alive after his stab from Boaz in the next game.

• I wish others better luck than I had facing the Boaz spider thingy.

Some good advice would seem to be (and with hindsight) to conserve as much of Kurtis's ammo etc as possible BEFORE arriving at the Boaz scene. Another mac gamer had quickly put paid to Boaz on account of a good supply of ammo and kindly provided me with a save game. I had no problem with the emerging flying Boaz at all and just pumped her full of lead.

Its so refreshing to get back to the lovely Lara following the cut scene with lame slow monkey-walking Kurtis :D

• first to all pc game users.When you load the game it will want to load the hole lot on to your hard disc this is about 125 mega bites. I had problems with the game crashing and so have many others. I down loaded patches and additional programs from micro soft to try and make the game run properly. But it doesn't. THE WINNING TRICK IS THIS. Go for minimal game load you are offerd this at initialisation. Select minimal load. When toy want to play the game you will have to put in disk 1. your pc will then extract small amuont of info so you can play that level.THE GAME WILL NOT CRASH. KEEP THE DISK IN TO PLAY LIKE YOUWOULD WITH TOMB 1 T2 T3 T4 & T5.
    TO KILL BOAS TO GET THE TO BACK HOLES YOU MUST TAP END KEY UNDER HOME KERTIS WILL RE AIM. DON'T GET IN TO CLOSE OR TO FAR AWAY. KERTIS IS AN IDIOT AND INFURIATING . JUST TAP END KEY UNDER HOME AND HE WILL RE AIM. WHEN YOU'VE SHOT ALL SHELL HOLES OF SHE WILL DIE. DO NOT SIT AND WATCH. EMPTY GUN RUN OVER AND PICK UP FULL AMO IT TAKES 1FULL AMO TO DROP THE BOAS MOSSI. GOOD LOOK AND SMILE BIG STYLE WHEN YOU'VE DONE IT :sun:

• plz somebody help me i have my hear white becouse i can't find the square button, i play on a pc,what is the square button for pc, does any one know the solution for pc??????????
    plzzzzzzzzzz helpppppppppppp!

• My dad bought me TRAOD on ebay real cheap.It isn't even supposed to work on my computer because the requirements are too high for the computer, but it works with no bugs at all. So far, the only problems that I have had with the game so far are:
    -occasional crashing (about twice)
    -The Keeper
    -AND THAT D@MN BOAZ! :mad:
    I have a very low patience level. I have been playing against her for about two hours now, and I am relating my anger to others who have been playing for a week or so.I started out my game with only a large fcking medipack, and 19 ammo. I would, (under normal circumstances) go back to my previous level with Kurtis and redo it so I end up with more ammo AND health than I have, but since I would have to go back almost 2-3 weeks of my gaming time, I'm not gonna do that.The only way that I have managed to stay alive so far is running aroung in circles around the room.I've been doing THAT for about an hour and half, and it's not getting me anywhere. But another thing is, the half-an-hour that I HAVE been actually fighting, I've died, NINE TIMES! Now so far, Tombraidergirl's walk-through and hints have helped me get as far as I have, (although, I will admit, she sometimes gets her lefts and rights mixed up, but I can handle those problems)Will anyone please, PLEASE tell me any other way to beat this creatuer than has already been mentioned. I have tried everything anybody has mentioned, except for the corner thing, I'm doing that next.Anything anybody submits would be extremely helpful, anything but "Well,I don't know how to beat her/it"

Thank you greatly, Rcmag2000

• yeah, tried that corner thing, doesn't work. I ran to the corner and within two sweeps of her big, ugly, mouth, I had died. I'm try some of the other stuff aagain. Help would be wonderful. If anyone can supply me with just a tad bit of help (another Large Medipack would be nice) it would be extremely helpful.One more thing, Tombraidergirl has German Save games in the walkthrough, does anyone know if those would work on an American computer?

Rcmag2000

• I think they will, just try it.

I think all the savegames are for all versions. I tried english saves (from eidosinteractive.co.uk) and they were still in german for me so I guess this bit of information comes from the game itself not from the saves. They seem to be identical.

Original von rcmag2000

Will anyone please, PLEASE tell me any other way to beat this creatuer

Well, my method was to keep jumping until her flaps opened, when I would run toward her, jumping to dodge her attacks, and took care of them. Using this method, I got passed Boaz in one simple day.
    Hope this helps.

• :sun: :sun: :sun: :sun:
    I am so Happy! I downloaded one of those saved games off of the walkthrough, and it worked! Jana, if you are the one who put it there, I want to say something: *gets down on knees and starts to bow* YOU ARE A GOD! YOU ARE A GOD! *gets back up and brushes off pants.I am officially done with Tomb Raider: AOD, and I think that is so cool! on the level called "The Lost Domain" in the part labeled "Ice" I would like to add a tip (even though I'm not sure if I have to go to a different place to put it or if i can leave it here. Oh well, If i'm wrong in putting it here, just tell me): when you are jumping, as soon as you reach the farthest middle column, sprint, jump to the last ledge, and as soon as you pull yourself up, sprint through the door. Betcha $10 you make it it atleast by the fifth time ;)

Rcmag2000