Fan Fiction Small Talk Thread

• I've "deleted" the old site. There is now a refresh that will redirect you to the new site. Besides all the urls containing /english/ are false. The stuff moved up as the german stuff which was in these folders before moved over to tombraidergirl.de

• well if you put a meta tag (that's what it's called) in the header of the html document *blahblah* ;-)
    telling your browser to refresh in 0 seconds to a given url it will do that. Very simple if you know how to do that.

Looks like this: <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url=http://www.tombraidergirl.de/">

• I'm watching a show on Zombies! :o Ahhhggg!
    It's cool. Stuff on VooDoo and witchcraft, and all
    kinds of stuff. I found a website that has lots of
    artifact styled stuff that I want to buy some things
    off of for TR props. When I get some stuff I'll send
    you guys some pics. I can't wait!

• I've found some cool stuff before. Like an abalony shell
    ring with silver that was hand made. It's really old, I found
    it up on an old trail in the middle of no where. I thought I
    was the only one that knew of the trail, that it was an old
    deer trail...

• I have a few pieces that I managed to pick up over the years.

A couple of small Mayan statues and some Roman glass are the best archaeological pieces.

I also consider a couple of pieces that I have 'inherited' from my family but more because of historical/sentimental reasons:

The piece of sharpnel taken out of my mum's leg from her days working on the UXB and her Battle of Britan ribbon. The other is my uncles RAF medical card stating he his a haemophilliac (he was actually a fighter pilot at the time).

• Too cool! A friend gave me a black cat statue of worship
    to the goddess Bastile. It's about ten inches tall. My uncle
    has a lamp made by my Grandpa. He was on the caravan
    trucks, delivering ammo and took shells and bullets of different
    sizes and made it. It is filed down into designs in areas and
    looks kind of cool. There's this box I have that dates back to
    the 1920's, and my Great Grandma gave it to me. She used
    to keep her pretend pearls in it when she was little and gave it
    to me to do the same. :D

• Very nice Puma,

Is it authenticated or a copy? If the former then way cool even the later is nice though. The Mayan pieces and the glass are and have been authenticated - the Mayan pieces were dated to about 350 AD, the glass is more then 2000 years old.

Sounds as if the ammo box could and probably dates back to the WWI days. In certain respects it is the family stuff that is more precious is it not?

• I'll try, but I don't know when I'll get the film developed. LLC...The last two things I described were different. The box is about the size of five decks of cards and is from the 1920's. The other is a lamp made from shells and bullets fromWW2. They both mean a lot to me...because it's family stuff.
    I'll probably get most of the silver and other stuff when my grandma on my dad's side. (I'm the most responsible of the McCord clan...and I do mean clan!) She has a plate that was in a war clans collection! It's hand pounded, and is about 1100 years old!
    The cat statue is a copy but it's very close in look. I am going on a raid next summer across america to find older stuff like artifacts and things that just look cool....in junk stores and the like. :sun:

• Our family has a lot of wooden things, a very old chest (my favourite), a mangel (is that the word you use? the dictionary also said: rolling press), and some old jewelery.