General Questions (Editor Installation, Level Installation...)

• ok! so i downloaded the trle4 from this page:
    http://laraslevelbase.org/box_download_demo.asp
    where am i supposed to install it??
    after i downloaded it i am supposed to run the tr4 icon in the level editor, or start the game first. or the tom2pc???
    i tried but it won,t work.
    if i run the tr4 icon it says: tomb4.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    is it possible not to be compatible with windows xp?
    But the tom2pc works.
    and i have to install also the game tomb raider 4?
    i am interested only in playing the custom levels not in editing them.

i appreciate you helping me once more!!!
    :-)

• If you encounter problems with the tomb4.exe, go to the same page again and scroll down to find the patches. Since you have probably downloaded a european version, you are looking for "TR4 XP-Patch - European Version".

This at least fixes the long loading times and the most common causes for crashs.

Other causes would be a defect script.dat or english.dat or an unconverted level.

if you have downloaded a level, look for the readme to see what you have to do in order to install it.

Generally the following has to be done:
    - copy all files with .dat ending into the main folder
    - copy audio files into the audio folder (you need to run the program if they are mp3s - not wavs)
    - copy all files with .tr4 ending to data folder (tombtopc.exe is not necessary in that case)
    - alternatively copy the wad files (levelname.tom, .wad, .was and so on) into the graphics/wads/ folder

if you use the levelmanager it will take over this part, but in that case you are on your own, at least I cannot help you, since I don't know anything about the levelmanager.