tr8 platform drama!

• hey everybody! did u kno that crystal is thinking of not making tr8 on ps2 or x-box, or most of the common consoles?!?? all i like and have is a ps2, and its gonna suck, if i cant play it! espcially since laras mom probably will b coming back.

who wants it to be on PS2?

• I haven't heard anything to that end, so I can't comment.
    I would love it on PS2, and PC of course, but I don't want to get into a head spin in case it aint true... sorry

• Rumour has it that the game will come for PS3 and XBox 360, NOT PS2 and regular XBox. If too many gamers don't have the proper equipment by the time the game comes out, this might change, but I doubt it. I'd estimate that a high percentage of the gamers have one of these consoles or a powerful PC already at their disposal, or will have next year.

I haven't played Legend or much of Anniversary using my PS2, so I would not mind if there were no PS2 Version.

• Most people would since they have a ps2 and these days ps2 are now been sold for £50 where i live and ps3 are £425,but like trg said by the time tr8 will come out the ps3's price will get lower :-)

• Well I'd be pretty pissed off if they don't release it for PS2, because it is a sequel to an unfinished story they started on PS2. I would deem it a bit unfair not to release at least this game for the PS2, seeing as I could never afford a PS3 or a comp THAT good. Also, I wouldn't buy either because of one game.

• Tomb Raider on PS1: 1996-2000/2001 ~ 5 years
    Tomb Raider on PS2: 2002 (when AoD was supposed to be long out)-2007 is 5 years as well, so I would not be surprised if there were no other PS2 Tomb Raider.

• but other people will
    if the game comes out after christmas (i would say it would take another 8-9 months for the game to come out or something) then some people wont mind because the prices of the ps3 will have dropped by then

• Well to be honest, I'm not one of those people who blow their nest egg on a new system as soon as it comes out, and I don't plan on doing it any time in the future, so I have PS2 and regular Xbox.

I find it quite odd how they made Legend for PS2 and they may not make the continuation on the same system. Why aren't they making it for PS2? What, is it gonna make them loose money, or something? Hell, they may gain it.

And to make another point, they claimed that they weren't going to make Anniversary for the new generation systems, and yet now they are. I guess they couldn't stand not making the extra money, :roll:. So, maybe they'll make it for the new gen systems and then later make it for the older systems.

I don't think it's fair that they wouldn't make it for PS2. They don't think of the gamers, as long as they make money.

But, I read elsewhere that they're releasing it on the new gen systems first, then later in the month they'll release it for older systems.

Original von Catracoth
    ...they claimed that they weren't going to make Anniversary for the new generation systems, and yet now they are...

that is only partially correct. There is no PS3 Version planned and the XBox 360 version is not supposed to be a regular game with nice next generation graphics . I think that's what they were saying; that they did not want to spend the time and effort to create a full next generation experience, like they did with Legend. (I guess because they thought that not enough of the next generation systems have been sold yet - especially PS3s.)

If they think the same when TR8 comes out, you might be lucky.

If all you guys really only have a PS2 and no PC that would be able to handle the game when we reach that time, they most likely have to change their tactics. However PCs get cheaper (looking at those that were able to handle Legend with next generation content), the XBox 360 and PS3 will get cheaper too...

At one point one must upgrade. (I really think it is worth it this time, providing that when you get one of the consoles not a PC, you have a High Definition TV.)

I guess only time will tell what happens.

Originally posted by tombraidergirl
    At one point one must upgrade.

I agree with that. I might actually get a 360 by the holidays so I should be all set. But future news will confirm it. So until then, I'll have to wait. But an upgrade will definitely be a must in the future.

But thank you for explaining, TRG :-).

I have a thought though. Are they not making a next gen experience with Anniversary because it's something they regretting doing with Legend, or simply because they don't want to spend the time and effort?

And yes, I believe Chakkie is correct. I thought also that they have planned a PS3 release of Anniversary, but then I read an article elsewhere stating that they shan't do such, and will wait until Tomb Raider 8, which will or may be the first Tomb Raider game on Sony's new console.

Original von Catracoth
    I have a thought though. Are they not making a next gen experience with Anniversary because it's something they regretting doing with Legend, or simply because they don't want to spend the time and effort?

As I understood it, the thing with Legend was, that this next generation Version was only planned for the XBox 360 at first, but they made a PC Version of it ( a portation of the XBox 360 version), which alas caused some minor problems. (Many PC gamers reported bugs.)

As it seemed that they were not ready to do the same with Anniversary just better in time (Anniversary was already late as it should have come out for the 10th Anniversary in November 2006), they decided to cut back a bit and not make a full next generation version.

(I bet they did not sell enough XBox 360 Version, adding to that just a few PC gamers who were able to play it without encountering many bugs... to make it worth the effort so soon again.)

• Now that makes sense. I read awhile back that a good few PC gamers reported problems with Legend.

But guaranteed, that Xbox 360 gamers won't be satisfied with Anniversary's graphics, since it isn't next gen software. The graphics are fantastic enough as is, but of course they'll be wanting more.

They'll probably say, "Oh well, Legend's graphics on 360 were incredible. Why didn't they do that with Anniversary?", then have a good whine about it.

Albeit, the graphics may not be up to their standards, at least it's on the system they spent their nest egg on, [hehe].

But, enough complaints. I'm just interested in seeing what Eidos and CD will cough up.