Not really a doppleganger

• hey all, :wave2:

how are we doing? I was watching BENEATH THE ASHES on YOUTUBE. pretty interesting, especially the little twist
    with Ms. Dopplehoe. anyhoo, I was thinking that she really is not because doppleganger basically means "twin", right?
    and one can tell that Dopplehoe won't be confused with Lara. Lara's hair is a lovely chestnut brown and DH's is a wine
    red. Lara's eyes are a chocolate brown, DH's a golden yellow. this is just an observation, but if Natla wanted to really
    screw with Lara's mind, she would make a clone that looks and behaves exactly like Lara. any thoughts? :grins

Good luck in your new bed. Enjoy your nightmare, son, while you're resting your head.--
    BASEMENT JAXX

• Well, I'm not sure, but I think,
    Natla made her, to create a worthy opponent for Lara ?(
    So, maybe it wasn't that important for her, which colour her hair and eyes are.
    Sorry for my english, it's not that good, but I'm still learning ;-)

• Can we not call her the doppelhoe? God, I just had a rant over at TombRaiderForums about this audacity of a nickname and it's aggravating to have people call her that. I mean, I'm not going to start a rant, but how exactly is she a hoe? What's the definition of the word anyway? It's a a prostitute. Diminutive form of "whore." She's neither. But whatever, no one gives a hoot what I think about the subject anyway.

The doppelganger is indeed a twin of Lara, but let's focus on the details. She's a deadly, malicious, homicidal facsimile of Ms. Croft. Last I checked, Lara wasn't any of the adjectives described so of course they aren't going to look the same. The idea behind the DG was to show the dark side of Lara hence the gothic, scary, evil look for her clone. I don't believe it was Natla's intention to screw with Lara's mind, hell I think that was the last intention Natla had.

As for the doppelganger not being confused with Lara, have you even played Underworld? Zip mistook the doppelganger for Lara, didn't he? Point proven. When the DG is out and about, people who know Lara will think she's gone mad and all that, hence her evil look. As for her eyes, she has Lara's pupils obviously but the retinas are yellow to make her look more malicious.

So yeah, she is indeed a doppelganger, but I don't think anyone predicted that someone would delve deep into the concept and pick it apart, ;-) .

• hey Cat, :wave2:

no, I wasn't delving into the idea and picking it apart. just a neutral observation. I still think she is cool. as for the
    twist, as someone asked, I'm afraid you're going to have to go to YOUTUBE and watch it. very entertaining. as for
    the name "Dopplehoe", I think it's cute in a somewhat sexist manner. of course, I'd probably use "twin" or "double"
    or "clone" or even "Lara" in my tales. anyway, just an observation not a complaint. :sun:

Good luck in your new bed. Enjoy your nightmare, son, while you're resting your head.--
    BASEMENT JAXX