Help with plot

• I have an idea for a new fanfic, in which Lara runs away from her home to live with an African tribe and learns their culture and language etc. But I'm not entirely sure about the reason for why she runs away. I was thinking about her working with alongside someone and they betray her (kinda like Rawiri in TDORA) which causes her to lose confidence in herself. But thinking about it now, it doesn't seem like a good idea. Lara wouldn't lose confidence, would she? And she wouldn't leave home without any good reason. So, I was wondering if anyone else had any ideas?

• Perhaps someone tries to kill Lara and she retreats to Africa until the heat dies down. She learns more about their culture than what she already knew and befriends a lot of people. Her assassin tracks her down to the tribe where the friends she met defend and help her defeat this assassin once and for all.

That just popped into my head.

• I think that Cats suggestion is the most believable. Unless... you could write a story about the young Lara Croft, one who still has a lot to learn.

• Building upon Jana's interesting suggestion, perhaps someone tries to kidnap young Lara and then continues with the plot I thought of. However, I don't know what to do with Richard since he was still alive when Lara was younger, unless you make it so the kidnapping attempt occurs right after his death or something.

Good idea by the way, Jana, :thumbsup .