"Kurtis99's Story"

• OK, TRG, here we go:

[ffstory]Lara Croft was at her mansion in England on a hot summer day. She was outside practicing the training course. She was trying to beat her record of 1:14:52. She almost had it when her new butler, Harvey, called her for dinner. She then realised she'd been practicing for 2 hours! She changed out of her gym clothes and went to dinner. While Lara was eating, Harvey reminded her that Kurtis' operation was going to be tonight. *For those of you who don't know, Kurtis Trent was a friend of Lara's who had been injured badly by a spider creature.* Lara couldn't bear the thought of Kurtis dying. She changed the subject to her course she'd been practicing. After dinner, Lara took out the chirugai which she had found belonging to Kurtis. She wondered if he'd be OK. The phone suddenly rang. She picked up and heard the one voice that she wasn't prepared for...

"Werner?"
    "Yes, Lara! It's me."
    "B-but you're d-d-dead!"
    "I'll explain everything later, but for now, just meet me at my apartment.
    He hung up. "Harvey!" yelled Lara. "Yes my lady?" he asked. Get me the next flight to France. She packed her guns and Kurtis' Boran X and chirugai and took a nap on the couch...

Lara landed at 11:45 local time and booked a taxi to Von Croy's apartment building. She reluctantly walked in and made for apartment no. 237. She opened the door and walked inside. She walked upstairs and saw Von Croy standing there. "Now" said Lara. time to give me the thorough explanation that I deserve." "Alright Lara" replied Werner. "I'm going to tell you everything"...

"You see, Lara, before the night I was "murdered", I overheard a conversation between Eckhardt and Boaz. They mentioned me knowing too much and having to be silenced. I immediately hired someone to pretend to be me. I hid away in an abandoned warehouse while the fake me went around looking and sounding like me. OK?" Just then, Lara's cell phone rang. It was from the Prague main hospital. Kurtis was missing! He got his operation, was left asleep in the ward, and was just discovered missing! She hung up. "Kurtis is gone" she said. "Who is Kurtis?" asked Werner. "He's a friend of mine who helped me against Eckhardt". "Anyway," continued Werner, "There is something important I must tell you"

"The Sleeper was NOT the last Nephilim." "WHAT" screamed Lara. "I SPENT ALL THAT F**KING TIME TRYING TO KILL THE SLEEPER WHEN IT WASN'T THE LAST ONE!? TELL ME YOU'RE JOKING!" "Calm down Lara" "I WILL NOT CALM DOWN UNTIL I GET EVERYTHING OUT OF YOU!" "Anyway, the last Nephilim is in South America, somewhere in the Amazon. The bad news is that's all I know." At that instant, the window broke and in came none other than...

"KURTIS" screamed Lara in absolute shock. Kurtis was not weak as she had seen him last, but healthy and ready for anything. "How did you get here!?" "Does it matter?" replied his familiar voice. "So" said an interested Werner, "This is the Kurtis that you mentioned". "Back off gramps" snapped Kurtis. Oooh, not very good manners!". "I'll have some good manners when we've told good old Kurtis what's going on, why Werner Von Croy is alive, and why-" "Wait" interrupted Lara. "How do you know this is Werner?" "Well uh... I uh... forget it". "All right". "Now, I believe you have my chirugai and my Boran X!". Lara gave him his things. "Ok, now what?"[/ffstory]

What should they do? (poll open) :-?
    Please put all comments in the other thread. :wink:

• First: Kurtis? Why Kurtis again? ;-) Only joking!!!

Second: I think you got a good start there. But you shouldn't rush anything, develop the story a bit more before you send anyone off to anywhere. I have read a coupld of stories for the TR Fanfic Competition 2003 and the main problem was that most of the folks used people who were only there tosay one sentence and then they were left standing by Lara. Don't do that to VonCroy... there should be a bit more behind it.. at least take him with you :D

• Let's finally continue:

[ffstory]"Not bad" said Werner, looking at his disguise. It was a fake moustache, a grey sweater and an old pair of jeans. If he was meant to be dead, he couldn't just be strolling around Paris thinking nobody will care. "How's yours, Kurtis?" asked Lara. "Let me put it this way" said Kurtis,"I'm behind these curtains and I'm staying behind these curtains!" "Why?" "Because I'm dressed as a girl, that's why! I'm not walking the Parisian streets in a pink dress carrying a basket of fruit!!!" Kurtis stepped out and revealed himself. He had a pnik dress and a pink hat with a little flower in it. "It's horrible!" "Kurtis, you look fine," sighed Lara. "All you need is a high voice and something to serve as breasts and you'll seem like a regular woman" "I'm gonna look like your granny! Why did he get something good?" Kurtis pointed at Werner. "The idea is that you two are my grandparents" explained Lara. "And remember, your names are Janet and Fred."

The next morning, they went to the library to try to find records on this nephilim they were going to destroy. They sat at a desk in the far corner."This is stupid" complained Kurtis. "These pineapples, that are meant to be breasts, are itching me like hell. Hey, look at this! In the nephilim race, it wasn't rare for them to have telekinetic powers!" "Let's just hope that we're not in that situation" said Werner.

They went on like this for a few days, with small, but valuable, results. For example, nephilims had a great fear of water and could be killed by long exposure. They were also blinded by sunlight and were nocturnal. Lara took these kinds of things down. The three each bought a shotgun, a watergun, 8 medi-packs and a Lara-Croft survival set consisting of 2 pistols, 2 magnums, 2 uzis, 1 bazooka and an aqualung. They would take Lara's chopper, piloted by Bryce, into the Amazon. It was during dinner that day that it finally dawned on Lara...[/ffstory]

What do you think it is? (Other thread please)

Original von Kurtis99

It was during dinner that day that it finally dawned on Lara...
    What do you think it is? (Other thread please)

Uhm, that Kurtis' brests are bigger than hers? :-D
    That she is in love with him. :sun:
    That he hasn't had a bath since she had met him. :lol: (afraid of water - maybe)

• Hey, I would also like to say a little bit about this but I'm not sure if anybody can understand my written English. :P
    It seems to me that I will like this story. :-D
    Can you give votes once again, can't you? Or how it is going on?

"It was during dinner that day that it finally dawned on Lara... "
    -> The first thoughts I had was that Lara receives some ideas concerning the last nephilim. For example how to find him or how to destroy him. But something about Kurtis is a wonderful idea too. :wink:

Edit: When you plan that they fall in love with each other I would say it is the best to wait until the end - that makes it exciting.
    -> First the adventure and then the pleasure. :sun:

Original von Zyna

Can you give votes once again, can't you? Or how it is going on?

Ok, let me ask in German :-D
    Fragst Du Dich, ob man noch abstimmen kann? Nein das geht nicht mehr, der Poll war zeitlich begrenzt.

Kurtis: Do you want to start the poll again so that people can still vote? I think you can do that if you press edit on that topic and put a 0 in the according field. If you cannot edit that I think I can. I am not sure if that will work but I think it should.

Original von Kurtis99

Wrong, but you're giving me ideas... 8-)

Oh no. Giving you ideas? Nono, not good. :-o

ok, then I will guess some more:

- she asks herself what Kurtis would look like without... uh nasty.... :P

- she realized that Bryce couldn't pilot the Chopper :wink:

and now a very daring guess, so I put it as a spoiler, I hope you are all using javascript otherwise you will be spoiled :P

Ok, let me ask in German :-D
    Fragst Du Dich, ob man noch abstimmen kann? Nein das geht nicht mehr, der Poll war zeitlich begrenzt.

Sorry, I didn't mean "to vote again" but "to create a new voting".
    It schould mean: "Can you give a voting once again, can't you?" ;-)

• I can't change my poll. I've tried editing both posts, but I can't change the poll because it won't show.

• Ok. I could. Apparently only Admins and Mods can edit a poll. I have started it again, if you want the poll closed again or anything within the poll changed, tell me.

• I think not, the rules say new stories only. I can check that for you, but don't get your hopes up. How about writing something new? You've got till Oktober 1st.