Last revelation Desert Railroad

• Afer hitting the BUG at end Guardian of Semerkhet,I downloaded SAVEGAME
    for start of Desert Railroad(number 072?), but it only runs through the opening scene shoing side of the track,then inside boxcar.It then swiches backto the list if saved games.
    Have tried to download a later scene in Desert Railroad, but do not know how to select the relevent bit of the text in the zip file and drag it to game program directory as it is is hidden behind the zip file.

Can anyone please help,

Thanks,

yrab

• Does it show Laras energy-bar empty?

If that's the case, you have used or not-used a patch that has been not-used/used in the savegames. I had to use the normal version I have (premier collection) without XP-Patch and it worked fine.

• Thanks for your reply.
    I have been able to get on the train, but Lara will not grab the ladder on the last boxcar even after many attempts.
    I have looked at other threads on this topic and have put in a request for help there too (hope this is in order)
    Unfortunately no one seems to know how the problem can be solved.
    I cannot skip to later level as the CROWBAR is needed in Coastal Ruins.
    Can you please suggest a way out?

Many thanks,

yrab

• Yrab, from which side are you trying to grab the ladder!From the left right.Well,if you're doing right I could help you.Tell me what's the "BUG" in the 'Gurdian of Semerkeht'.I'm a solver of problems :wink:.Tell me what's the "BUG" and I'll think about it.Trust me! :winki:

• Dear Lara11
    I was very glad to hear from you as I had given up all hope of solving this problem and abandoned the game.
    As stated in the earlier messages, I ran into the BUG at the very end of Guardian of Semerket(as warned in Stella`s Walkthrough} and could not get on to the Desert Rairoad until I somehow managed to download a savegame (don`t know how I did it!)
    All was OK until I tried to jump to the ladder.
    Have tried many,many times from different sides,but she will not grab the ladder.
    Can you please suggest any way out?
    Thanks a lot,
    yrab

• Hi Lara,
    Thanks for your reply.

Sorry I did not make it clear in the previous message that the problem is

ONLY about not being able to jump on to the ladder.

Lara has to go on so she can get the CROWBAR ;this is needed in the next

level (coastal ruins).

AS I said before I got over the problem with the bug at the end of the

previous level (Guardian of Semerket) by using a downloaded SAVE GAME

Perhaps the problem with the ladde is in the savegame .

I have played TR4 before and did not have the problem with the ladder.

You will see from other people`s threads that I am not the only one who

has had this problem.

Hope you can understand all this and I will be

very pleased if you can help me.

Thank you very much,

yrab

• Thanks for replying so quickly
    Unfortunately I have absolutely no Idea how to do what you suggest or even what you some of what you say means.
    I am just a simple soul who enjoys playing these games and have no knowledge of the technicalities.
    Thanks again, but I think it`s time to say goodbye to Lara and let her spend the rest of eternity on the desert railroad having been defeated at last by a ladder!

Cheers,
    yrab

• Yrab I've had no problems with bugs in TR4. :red:So,I'm asking you what is the 'BUG' in the end of the level "Gurdian of Semerkeht"!!! :red:Tel me what's the 'BUG' and I'll could help you!!!I understand that you can't grab the ladder at "Desert Railroad",but I need to know what's the 'BUG' at "Gurdian of Semerkeht and maybe you can avoid it.

• Hi Lara,
    I am so sorry to have made things complicated and thank you for not deserting me.
    I should not have mentioned "The Bug"as it may be a "red herring"
    (can a bug be anysort of a herring?)
    Stella clearly warns of the bug in her walkthrough (assume you have read it) At the very end of the "Guardian"level there is a movie sequence.
    When this ends Lara shuls be on the train;BUT when I reached this point the game crashed, I later managed to download a "savegame" which put her on the train.
    I can only guess that perhaps there is something wrong with the SAVEGAME as tombraider girl has suggested.
    Hope this makes sense.

Thanks again
    yrab

• OK that now makes it clear.Well,I suggest to download a save game at the start of the level "Alexandria"(the next level after "Deasert Railroad").
    Try this. ;-)

• Thanks for all your help.
    Can I trouble you just once more ,please?
    I amtrying to follow your suggestion to download a savegame, and have read and re-read Stella`s instructions, but get stuck when trying to "drag" the chosen savegame from the zip file to the open program file.
    How exactly do you :-
    1 Select the chosen savegame in the zip fileand
    2 How do you move it to the program file.
    Perhaps I do not understand the DRAG function

Thanks,
    yrab

• DRAG = left click, hold, drag, let go of left mouse button.

I have this feeling you are having major difficulties with winzip. Maybe you should read the manual of the program, there are a lot of ways to use it...

I recommend right clicking on the zipped file and then chosing "extract to"

You do know how to operate the explorer and copy/move files, do you?

Besides: I would recommend winrar instead of winzip, it can unpack both formats rar and zip. rars are getting very popular, as they are smaller.