Tomb Raider Underworld: General Discussion

• Eidos is so greedy these days.

I don't know if it is greed or simply necessary to survive in this line of work. It takes millions of $currency to make a game like TRU, and they need to get their investments back. And then there are the shareholders of course, who would like to have a biiiig bonus this year! ;-) That's capitalism - whether you like it or not, the real money is with the masses.

I myself would like "better", more complicated and longer games, too. And so do many other long year fans. And therein lies the problem, that the Eidos marketing doesn't seem to be aware of. As questy said:

pretty is not enough

At least not for the fans. It doesn't make sense to lose the fan base just to get all the other people. They won't stick up for Lara as we did.

So, what I would like to tell Eidos: "Here we have a fine engine. Now lets make a game worth playing!"

• What's the point buying a game, when you can finish it in a week-end. Comparison :$ 70.00 to buy , $ 10 to hire for 3 days.

That's the problem; games nowadays are being too damn short, and they aren't at all worth their price tag. I can name three games right off the bat that weren't worth the money I paid for them (despite how much I like them); Quantum of Solace, Mirror's Edge, Tomb Raider Underworld. Too bloody short, the lot of them.

• So, what I would like to tell Eidos: "Here we have a fine engine. Now lets make a game worth playing!"

Quite. If they invent yet another new engine for the next game instead of actually focusing on making it challenging and longer than this five-hour joke of a game, I shall purchase a giant megalomaniac chicken and have it devour Eidos. [hehe]

• hey all, :wave2:

I have the game guide to TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD and saw the game on YOUTUBE and a very
    humorous idea struck me while watching Lara and Natla have their little tet-e-tet on the cargo
    ship. since the game is called UNDERWORLD, why not have Eidos or whoever made a scene where
    Amanda and several Lara clones do a can can ala Jacques Offenbach's ORPHEUS IN THE UNDERWORLD?
    :rolleyes: :rofl we like or not? all comments are welcome. ;-)

Good luck in your new bed. Enjoy your nightmare, son, while you're resting your head.--
    BASEMENT JAXX