Tomb Raider Underworld: General Discussion

• Are those 7 the only levels? Or will there be multiple levels within each "level"? For example, 1 level in the mediterranean sea section while Thailand has maybe 3 levels? For example, in Legend, how Bolivia (the first level) had only 1 level while Peru had 3 levels and Kazakhstan had 3? Hopefully this makes sense? Lol.

• I remember hearing that Underworld will be "significantly longer than Legend" - not necessarily meaning that it'd be like...twelve levels or something. However, I did expect a few more levels than just seven, but maybe each level is a lot longer than it seems. I expect the Mediterranean level to be of quite length (sea exploration, temple exploration, Kraken battle, more temple exploration, Natla encounter, confrontation/answers revealed, escape [since no doubt Natla will try to kill Lara]).

Thailand, I have no doubt that it will be long. Like, Legend England/Kazakhstan long but maybe longer. Time will tell, as always.

• Yeah, when I first saw seven I was thinking "So are those just the first seven?" haha. I of course didn't expect it to be really long, however, I do agree that it should be longer than Legend. I beat Legend in two days simply because it was so short, and if I have to wait 2 more months for Underworld I want to atleast be playing it longer than two days. I'm hoping Thailand will be semi-long, because IMO that level looks really fun. While I think quality, not quantity, it would be nice to see it at a long length. Not particularly Last Revelation length, but long enough to keep us playing for awhile. I guess as long as it's a good game it shouldn't matter, though :yepp

• Quality and quantity should be some requirements for video games nowadays. There's no excuse for there not to be, especially when you've a lot to work with like Grand Theft Auto. But when Tomb Raider comes around, and when you're following a set-in-stone storyline, you don't have much unless you want to dive head first into the shallow pool of confusion.

I'm confident that Underworld will be a find in itself. We know what we're going to get - the sequel to Legend, the return of Natla and Amanda, and the final story to the secrets of Avalon. What we don't know is whether or not we'll get a lot more or (hopefully not) a lot less - more, being something that calls for another installment of the franchise.

What I'm hoping is for another cliffhanger that leads into another (but different) storyline (straying away from Amelia's disappearance and Avalon/Xibalba/Helheim) that sends Lara on yet another adventure, keeping us fans (I'd like to call us Fan Raiders; corny name, yes) in check with Lara for another good few years or so.

I do hope that Underworld is not the final game.

• I do hope that Underworld is not the final game.

As long as Tomb Raider is a successful brand and games / merchandise sell well, it would be utterly stupid for Crystal and everyone involved not to continue them. So there will be at least a few more games, I think - because people are materialistic :grins

• Makes sense. That's like stopping Grand Theft Auto at the San Andreas game, [hehe] . Stupid move, that would of been. However, I do agree - I mean, Tomb Raider hasn't been not successful yet, even with AoD.

• I do hope that Underworld is not the final game.

Don't we all !!! :thumbsup

As long as Tomb Raider is a successful brand and games / merchandise sell well, it would be utterly stupid for Crystal and everyone involved not to continue them.

Good point, Red Hell :thumbs: I'm sure we will see lots more of our beautiful heroine. :winki: But why don't we just take one game at a time, rather than looking too far ahead ? Do I make any sense here ? :think:
    And yeah.... thank you Catracoth for all the info. ( Levels and their names ) You are a true gem. :hug

• Well, I mean, a lot of people enjoy thinking of what could be next in a Tomb Raider game. I think it's good fun trying to guess the future. And don't thank me, thank TombRaiderGirl; she posted the levels on the main site's news page before I did, [hehe] .

• I know what you're saying, Catracoth. And I wasn't serious, just stirring you up a little. [hehe] I'm as much in suspense as you are and can hardly wait for the wait to be over. :ouch:
    Well, what could be in the next TR game? Maybe she could be looking for the lost tribe of the " Anasazi "? Apparently they just sort of vanished from the face of the earth. Very interesting story, actually . :think:

Yeah, and thank you TombRaiderGirl for the info. :thumbsup
    And Catracoth, you're still a gem. :-)

• You're welcome :thumbs:

Just wondering. There is a level " Croft Manor ", do you think it actually is a level as such ? Or will it be like the training levels of previous games ? :S

• The mission taking place in Croft Manor will not be a training level. There is some speculation on whether or not Lara moves into one of her other mansions (and that will be used as a training level, but not part of the main game's plot), and the manor will look completely different. Rumor.

However, the mission that takes place in Croft Manor is the source of mostly all theories - why it gets blown up, why Zip shoots at Lara, etcetera. The Croft Manor (third mission in the game) is a level in itself. If you check the cutscene names posted, you can kind of figure out for yourself what we'll be doing in the manor.

And for those interested in knowing...

• Cat, ( can I call you Cat ? ) you are a wealth of information. :hug
    How do you do that ?
    About the manor.... maybe she blows it to kingdom comes because she wants to hide something. Like a very powerful artifact which could be to big to move in a hurry, so she has to leave it behind. :think:
    And Zip shoots at Lara ( and misses ) because he is sort of under-cover and wants Natla to think that he is on her side. :-)
    But like you said, it is all just guesswork. 8-)

• Yes, you may call me Cat, [hehe] . As of now, I honestly cannot support the Zip-Gone-Rogue theory. I'm more on the 'Zip is trying to stop Lara from using the artifact' bandwagon.

I haven't been this excited for a Tomb Raider game since Legend, or this excited for any game since Grand Theft Auto IV.

• Yes, you may call me Cat, [hehe]

Thanks, Cat. ;-) :cat
    Well I'm with you on the " Zip " theory. I don't think he's gone over to the dark side. But, hey, why not letting Natla think he did just that to gain her trust. [hehe] And then stab her in the back, so to speak. :axe
    Now, we are all talking about Zip , Natla, and Lara's Mum. But what about Lara's trusty old Butler ? Since there will be a Manor level shouldn't there be the old butler lurking and shuffling about ?

• Well, perhaps that there is indeed the Croft Manor level (and the fact that Eidos/CD has increased the temptation of exploration in all levels), you might be able to explore Croft Manor before you get down to business and play the level, doing what Lara's there to do.

• From a magazine article; the first level summarized.

When I read that, I almost went into cardiac arrest.

• From a magazine article; the first level summarized.

All I can say to that is " WOW "

Now that's something to look forward to. :thumbsup
    BTW, I'm glad you didn't have a heart-attack :pat What would we all do without you, cat. :sun:
    Something else to look forward to are the moveable objects, all kind of stuff apparently. Cool hey ? :whistling:

Moderator Edit: Please use spoilers when talking about characters that not everyone knows about yet, ;-) .