Lara Croft v Nathan Drake

• I read a recent article that suggested the Uncharted series of games (& Nathan Drake) were "better" :O than our Lara & the new rebooted Tomb Raider series. Although I can't afford (yet) to have a PS as well to try out Uncharted, evidence suggests that it its pretty good :chin. As a proud Lara fan, of course I would say Lara (& the Tomb Raider games) are better than Nathan Drake's exploits - but what do you think ?

• I think that I do not want to compare the two constantly. If you like games that focus on an Adventurer seeking lost treasures, you play both.

In general Uncharted has more combat.

In Uncharted combat is with human or supernatural enemies, while Tomb Raider always had animals.

Uncharted has better storytelling, as they've always been using actors for motion capturing. They have a variety of recurring characters (that are much more relevant than Jonah or Sam could ever be).

Uncharted has more humour.

What is better in the reboot is that the locations you explore can partially be explored freely, while in Uncharted you usually go in one direction and often can not return, unless the story wants you to.

When you include the optional Challenge Tombs in Rise, Tomb Raider finally has better puzzles than Uncharted. Although it is probably unfair to compare it to the previous games, we have to wait for Uncharted 4.

• My (short) answer is: Uncharted and Tomb Raider are both great and if you have the chance to play both you definitely should!

The long answer is: As tombraidergirl said above, Uncharted focuses more on combat. Yes, there are relics to find and locations to explore, but in the end there is always someone you have to get rid to get to your goal. Whereas Tomb Raider gives you more of a choice: Do I sneak past those baddies or do I throw everything I have at them. At least that's how it is in the reboot games.

They both fit nicely into the action adventure genre, but they show us different aspects of how such a game can be done. I wouldn't necessarily say that one or the other is better, they are both doing a great job. And I sometimes think they give each other some impulses; there is a bit of an competition between those two, but that is good.

Personally I'm really excited about Uncharted 4 and can't wait to play it. But until then there is enough time to play Rise.