Croft Manor

Originally posted by Vertman
    Thanks fanx

You're very welcome.

For anyone else that's having problems with any Bronze or the Gold shields ....

Bronze

01 to the left of Lara's starting point, on the stairs
    02 Grapple and pull the round wall plaque at top of left staircase
    03 on floor in top section of Library
    04 pull lever in main section of Library - shield in alcove to right
    05 shoot crates in corner of underground corridor between Library and Bedroom
    06 on floor behind bed
    07 behind fish statue on left side of in pool room
    08 in swimming pool
    09 in alcove at back left corner of pool room
    10 on diving board on front balcony in pool room
    11 in pool in Gym
    12 alcove in front left corner of Gym
    13 high alcove on left side of Gym
    14 alcove in back left corner of Gym
    15 alcove in back right corner of Gym
    16 high alcove in front right corner of Gym

Gold

01 on a plinth in front of Tech room - need to solve all cryptic puzzles

front, back, left, right ???
    its always from the POV of the entrance or door to the room, looking in - so the 'back' of a room is in front of Lara. (confusing?, let me know)

Originally posted by Vertman
    :D I only need the silver anyways :D

See my post for details on the above door thingy...

I figured you did, but I wrote for "anyone else" :-)

My walkthrough will probably be of more use to those that need help, not for those that have finished the 'level'. :-)

I've been on that platform 20 or 25 times, grappled the front of the alcove and moved the platform over.
    Every time Lara jumps she ends up hanging from the pole below the alcove - I'm getting very pissed off with this last Silver shield.
    Same goes for the last Bronze shield - I don't even get close.

:mad:

Originally posted by Scarecrow
    The binoculars are on the back balcony of the pool room. You have to pull the spears out (using graple) from the statues on the left side (if facing the back), swing across, graple on the hanging basket, and swing on the next. there is a silver reward, binoculars, and a sphere which you must place on the button to lower the basket to get across to the silver on the left side (now facing the front).

The doors in her room do not open. Some are there just for decoration.

Phew. :D

Originally posted by dan333
    thank you lithium^9mm i have now gott all the shields

anytime m8

Originally posted by Bantam

thats exactly the same as me, i have no idea where it is and its driving me crazy :shout:

did you check my post on page 3? it might be the last one you gotta find ^_^

Originally posted by Will4389
    I'm stuck in the manor, i have all the rewards except the ones in the gymnasium, i can't seem to grapple the ones in each corner and i can't seem to find a route to climb high enough..Can anyone help

Is this the sort of help you'd like?

First corner (#12 on my list, see pic)

Jump up to swing bar [1], forward to pole [2] and across to swing bar [3]
    Jump to slope [4]* and immediately press jump to crevice [5]
    from [5] jump up to crevice [6] and jump back to pole [7]
    from [7] jump to pole [8], drop to slope [9] and immediately jump to alcove [10]

* (sometimes I've managed to jump from [3] directly to slope [9]

• Bronze 15 on my List (official route, see pics)

Jump to crevice [1], jump back to swing bar [2] and on to vertical pole [3]
    from [3] jump to horizontal contraption [4] and on to pole [5]
    from [5] left jump to ladder [6], climb up and back jump to swing bar [7]
    from end of [7] jump to swing bar [8] then on to crevice [9]
    shimmy to right and drop to edge of alcove, then pull up

(shortcut route)
    Grapple the contraption and set pole to vertical before you start

Jump to crevice [1], jump back to swing bar [2] and on to vertical pole [3]
    from [3] jump to vertical contraption [4] and on to pole [5]
    from [5]* jump to alcove

* this pole [5] is a different pole from the previous example
    * this route (up to pole [5]) is the start of all routes to higher shields

Upper Levels

continue on from pole [5] and jump to crevice [6], then left jump to crevice [7] make sure Lara has a good grip!
    jump up from [7] to crevice [8] then jump up to slope [9] an immediately jump to ladder [10]
    from [10] left jump to swing bar [11], on to swing bar [12] and on to vertical pole [13]
    from pole [13] we have several choices so we'll ask Lara to hang in there a while.

• Bronze 14 on my list

continuing from previous walkthrough ...

from pole [13] jump to crevice [14], shimmy right and right jump to crevice [15]
    shimmy 'round corner and back jump to swing bar [16] then shimmy along pole to wall
    from [16] (still facing wall) drop to edge of alcove [17], then pull up

• Bronze - 14/16
    Silver - 5/10

"" Gold

01 on a plinth in front of Tech room - need to solve all cryptic puzzles ""

Where's the Tech room? Is that the room that Zip is in? And what's a plinth? Where is it? :O

lol, I feel dumb now.

I WANT THAT GOLD REWARD! :sun:

• Yes, the Tech room is Zip's computer room. A plinth is a column that usually has a statue on top of it - this one doesn't.

To get the Gold Shield you'll need to solve all the Cryptic puzzles.
    1. In the tunnel from the Library uncover a switch from behind some crates
    2. Turn the statues on the pool balcony
    3. Push the Library books back in the right order
    4. Trigger the two switches at the far end of each upper balcony in the foyer - be quick about it.
    5. Turn the new statue to face the trigger in the foyer
    6. Tell Lara to stand on the trigger.

• Continuing my Upper Level walkthrough from where we left Lara hanging from pole [13] ...

from pole [13] jump to platform [14], once Lara is on this platform it will begin to move towards platform [15].
    Wait for [14] to stop then jump to platform [15] and collect Silver Shield 9
    Lara in now ready to go after Bronze 16 or Silver 10, but which one depends on the position of swing bar [21]*

*to get Bronze [16] swing bar [21] must be at right angles to the wall, to get Silver [10] swing bar [21] must be parallel with the wall

* the mechanism that swing bar [21] is on is buggy (at least on the PC version). If Lara grapples it and pulls it open (so swing bar [21] is parallel to wall) and then leaves the Gym when she returns the mechanism will appear to have returned to its original position. Lara will not be able to jump from crevice [20] to swing bar [21] - she'll drop to the crevice beneath [21], she will be able to access an invisible crevice to the left (a ghost crevice from when the mechanism was open) but she isn't able to jump to a crevice that is normally above the ghost one. If this happens Lara should open the mechanism with her grapple and then close it again - this gets rid of the bugs and ghosts. There is a similar bug with the semicircular mechanism at the beginning of the ascent, but it isn't really a problem as we want Lara to jump off a vertical pole that appears to be a horizontal swing bar.

Getting to ladder [19]
    continuation of Upper Level route from platform [15]
    from [15] jump to crevice [17] and shimmy right round corner
    drop from [17] to slope [18] and immediately jump to crevice [18]*
    *depending on drop/jump combo Lara may be hanging from crevice or beam, or be standing on beam
    jump (or shimmy left then jump) up to ladder [19] then climb to top of ladder

• Bronze 16

continuation from Upper Level walkthrough - check that swing bar [21] is at right angles to wall (and bug-free) before attempting this
    left jump from top of ladder [19] to crevice [20] then shimmy right and right jump to swing bar [21]
    from [21] leap to swing bar [22] and move in close to wall then leap to crevice [23]
    from [23] shimmy left and drop to alcove

• Silver 10

continuation of Upper Level walkthrough .... the final instalment, again, make sure that swing bar [21] is correctly positioned

left jump from top of ladder [19] to crevice [20] then back jump to swing bar [21]
    from [21] leap to swing bar [22] and continue to swing bar [23] then take some time to set up Lara's next leap
    move Lara to the end of [23] and arrange the camera to her right (see pic) before making the leap to platform [24]
    this can be a tricky jump - if Lara doesn't get it she'll either fall short or overshoot [24] and she'll take damage
    position Lara on the border of panels 2 & 3 of platform [24] (see pic) and use Grapple to edge of alcove [25]
    have Lara pull platform [24] towards alcove [25] - it will stop when it hit the swing bar in front
    run and jump to alcove [25] to collect the final shield* in the Gym

:edit:
    Note the position Lara is standing in the last screenshot - she needs to be at (about) this point to do a running jump for the alcove, if she tries jumping from the end she'll just end up hanging from the bar.

*Thanks to Vertman for pointing me to this shield

• oops, missed one out ....

Bronze 13

this is a continuation from crevice [5] of the first walkthrough (see Bronze 12)
    starting from crevice [5] shimmy right and right jump to pole [6], then jump to crevice [7]
    from [7] shimmy right and right jump to ladder [8], climb ladder and back jump to pole [9]
    From [9] left jump to alcove [10]