Which films have you watched recently?

• I hated " Analyze this " :thumbsdown: Didn't find it funny at all.
    I watched The scorpion king 2. It soooooo looked like Prince of persia, I couldn't believe it. :shock: Very predictable but easy on the eye. :rolleyes:
    BTW, They call Finland the land of the thousand lakes, is it really true? Do you have that many lakes in Finland ? Must be so beautiful there. :-)

• Well, I saw again anther film, called "Cube² - Hypercube"!
    It's a very good film, if you like SciFi and bloody deaths!

• Arachnophobia.

:O

I can't believe I watched that - not to mention I have arachnophobia myself. Scary as...the scariest thing ever.

• And it is very beautiful in here, especially in winter when there is sparkly, pure white snow and ice everywhere. :-)

I'd love to see that. If only it wasn't so expensive to fly. :mad: At least you get a white christmas, while we here going to the beach to cool down. :island
    Speaking of sand... I watched " Flight of the Phoenix ". Not a bad movie. :thumbsup But I still like the original better :-)

• I can't imagine what's it like to not to have snow in Chrismas... But maybe someday you could come to Finland, right? :-)

I'd love to come to Finland, Maybe one day ........... :wave: Have you ever been to Australia ? :island

Watched Sahara again, I just love that movie. :sun:

• I watched "Immortal" yesterday. I really can't decide whether I like it or not... 80% of the movie looked kind of like a huge sequence in a video game (not even a good one!), which made it a bit ridiculous. There were, like, four real actors.

• I'd love to come to Finland, Maybe one day ........... :wave: Have you ever been to Australia ? :island

You are welcome here anytime! :wave2: No, I have never been to Australia. I haven't actually visited any foreign countries, but I'd like to. :-)

I watched The World Is Not Enough, and it was quite amusing to be a James Bond movie. [hehe]

• I love The World Is Not Enough. It's my second favorite Bond movie. I can't wait for Quantum of Solace.

I just watched Speak. An amazing movie <3.

• You are welcome here anytime! :wave2:

Thank you, you are so kind. :hug I love travelling and been to many european countries ( mainly central Europe )
    I watched " The thing " by John Carpenter. An oldie but a goldie. :-)
    The world is not enough is the one James Bond movie I haven't seen yet. :shock:

• Speak.
    (as seen in my avatar and signature)

A fantastic movie, my favorite actually, it came on TV the other night. It's about this girl named Melinda Sordino who was raped at a party in eighth grade by a boy named Andy Evans who made her think he actually liked her. She calls the police to report it, but she couldn't speak, so they tracked down her location and invaded the party. Her friends, Nicole, Ivy, and Rachel didn't know what happened so they thought she called the police to end the party, and they hated her because a lot of people got arrested.

Now, she enters her freshman year in Merryweather High School labelled as the "squealer", and everyone knows what she did, but not why. Melinda has been so silenced by her rape that she cannot find the words to tell people why she made the phone call. Melinda is shunned by her friends from middle school, including her ex-best-friend Rachel (her named changed to Rachelle after she joined the 'foreign exchange students' clique), and is forced to deal with social rejection.

Melinda is unable to tell her parents about the experience, and although her parents notice the change in their daughter, they are unable to determine the cause. Her mother Joyce is overworked and too busy to attempt to divulge more than one-word answers from Melinda. Melinda’s father is struggling with unemployment and has little time to devote to his troubled daughter.

Although Melinda does not speak to many characters, she has plenty of thoughts. Her thoughts are often filled with sardonic humor. As if Melinda’s social life didn’t make school difficult enough, her teachers are insufferable. Mr. Neck constantly bullies Melinda and her English teacher refuses to make eye contact with students. Melinda is nice to a new student named Heather who claims to be Melinda’s “friend” but abandons her when the chance for social advancement arises. The only other student with whom Melinda has a positive experience is her lab partner Dave Petrakis, who has successfully managed to keep from affiliating himself with a clique.

Melinda’s true high point of the day comes in her art class taught by a free spirited teacher named (appropriately) Mr. Freeman. He encourages student expression and Melinda begins to take his words to heart. Mr. Freeman allows Melinda to spend her nightmarish lunchtimes in his classroom rather than in the cafeteria. As time progresses, Melinda discovers an unused storage closet that she turns into her personal place of refuge and, eventually, revelation. Melinda turns all of her negative feelings and social difficulties into creative expression. While in her secret place, Melinda constantly thinks about the night of the party, and deals with her inner demons.

At the end of the school year, Melinda tells Rachel/Rachelle about the rape and who did it, but only gets a negative "You're sick, Melinda. You need help!", because Rachel/Rachelle is dating Andy Evans, the guy who raped Melinda. Rachel/Rachelle thinks about what Melinda says and talks to Andy who only sends her a negative vibe and confirms it by calling her a b**ch, and Rachel/Rachelle knew the truth now. She goes to tell Ivy and Nicole why Melinda called the police, and they believe it.

On their way to find her, Andy approaches Melinda in her storage closet and threatens her (in the book, he attempts to rape her a second time), and Melinda splashes cleaning supplies in his eyes, blinding him (permanently or temporarily; it's unknown, the former more likely), and held a broken glass shard to his neck. After hearing the glass break and a few screams, Nicole and the Lacrosse team find them and tell Melinda to get out of the closet. They corner Andy and throw several "What's wrong with you!" remarks, while Melinda walks away, knowing that it's finally over; Andy will get in huge trouble, her ex-friends will become her best friends again, and high school will be so much easier for her.

Mr. Neck, seeing Melinda all shooken up, her hair a mess, he turns and asks her what happened, and in a friendly voice, instead of always addressing her by her last name, he calls her by her first name, but she doesn't respond. He sees the girls cornering Andy and heads their way, leaving Melinda knowing what'll happen.

On her way home with her mom, after going to the hospital to bandage up the cut on her face received during her confrontation with Andy, she finally tells her mother the truth, and the movie ends before she starts explaining, for we know what had happened.

It's a fantastic movie and book, and I recommend that everyone both read the book and watch the movie.