Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox exclusive - Excuse me?!

• Alright, hello all! :wave2 (there should be a sad waving smiley for this!)

After a while filled with hurry and busyness, I found my way back here to the forums. And what do I first read from the news? Darrel Gallagher's note of the upcoming Rise of the Tomb Raider being an Xbox exclusive. :thumbdown:

I'm so disappointed right now and I'm trying my best not to type any inappropriate language here on the forums. :ouch: :mad: But seriously?! A Tomb Raider being an Xbox exclusive seems like a big step away from the series... Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't all the major installments of the series been published to PC? I'm a PC raider myself, and having to settle with Tomb of the Osiris is not the same thing as playing another "continuing" piece of the series (I know it's a reboot, but you guys get my point)... But if this is a final decision from Crystal Dynamics, it's a goodbye to the Tomb Raider series from me - I won't get an Xbox just to continue playing upcoming Tomb Raiders. :S

Link to a petition against the Xbox exclusiveness:
    https://www.change.org/petitio…exclusively-on-xbox-one-2

• Believe me, you are not alone. Since this has been revealed I have spoken to soo many people who feel exactly the same, and I sincerely hope that every Xbox gamer also understands what this means.

If the next game fails, Tomb Raider is dead. And it is likely to fail because fans don't like to be pressured. I would be surprised if 1/3 of the people who've played the previous games will play the next. And I don't think that the game will reach many new gamers; if did not care about it in the past, why should they now? And I have the feeling that the Xbox isn't selling that well. I've not seen a single person eyeing the console in stores.

I was so angry a few hours ago, currently I am more sad. But I am also a little glad at how many people have signed the petition already. When I signed (after posting the news) we were around 300 and now we're at 3.000+.

I am a little afraid that they might have made a deal with MS from which they cannot step back... No matter how big the uproar in the community.

• If the next game fails, Tomb Raider is dead. And it is likely to fail because fans don't like to be pressured. I would be surprised if 1/3 of the people who've played the previous games will play the next. And I don't think that the game will reach many new gamers; if did not care about it in the past, why should they now? And I have the feeling that the Xbox isn't selling that well. I've not seen a single person eyeing the console in stores.

I agree with you on that! I'm not sure how many players would buy an Xbox to play the upcoming game, not to mention if they don't have other Xbox games that they're interested in...

I am a little afraid that they might have made a deal with MS from which they cannot step back... No matter how big the uproar in the community.

Yeah, I've thought about that too. :S And Gallagher's note seemed to imply, that the exclusiveness will be permanent, not timed/temporary (as in "RoTR" being published later to other platforms).

Every now and then I check the official blog to see if people at Crystal Dynamics would have replied to comments or to the uproar they've caused. But so far I haven't seen anything... Have there been any futher comments on the matter by Crystal Dynamics? (or other company)

• Thank you very much, Flo! :hug Now I'm not that disappointed anymore, at least not to the point where I'd want to type some nasty words. :D

Now if only the lenght of the duration would be announced... It would be nice to know whether the wait is months or years. Games mentioned in the article seem to have roughly about a year wait... I think I could handle that. [hehe]

It would have been really horrible if the exclusiveness was permanent...

• What a lovely gif, Soul! [hehe]

But yeah, people are indeed different in that sense. I'm no business expert, but if the freshness of the story, the excitement and all wear off during the wait for other platforms, it might affect the sales in a negative way. So in that sense the exclusiveness thing is plain stupid, even a temporary one.

Personally I don't mind the wait, I got the latest one way later than most, knew the story and all... But still I enjoyed the game. But I also undertand your point! :-)

Meh... All the decisions that are made for money, just... Blergh... :dead